CDZ Overcoming Personality & Emotional Issues

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Do you think it's necessary to dredge up the past to get over any personality or emotional issues you have?

Do you think every issue you have as an adult ties back to some early childhood experience?
What is uncovering or facing that really doing to move forward?

Do you think it's necessary to dredge up the past to get over any personality or emotional issues you have?

Do you think every issue you have as an adult ties back to some early childhood experience?

My very firm answer is.... it depends.

Well diapers certainly go back to childhood experiences.. :eusa_shifty:

Could you give an example to flesh out the question?

:)

Okay... say you have anger issues.....
does it make more sense to believe.....

1. I was born that way or
2. My dad was angry so I'm angry

Or say, you don't have an angry family - but maybe something happened in your past to make you an angry person... so you necessarily immediately go to the "let's delve into your past" thing?

Depends on the issue?

Or say, you don't have an angry family - but maybe something happened in your past to make you an angry person... so you necessarily immediately go to the "let's delve into your past" thing?

If the reason you're angry is because of something in the past, then you need deal with that something so you can move on. Not dealing with it doesn't mean you aren't still living with it.

I think the reasons differ, the ailments differ in their function, and this is only observable on a person by person basis.

Depends on the issue?

Yes. Not everything is related to your past. I once went through a period of intense rage. Almost cost me my marriage. Turns out the doctor was treating me with prednisone and I have a reaction to it. All I had to do was get off that med and stay off it. Problem solved.

I guess I'm just not sure what revisiting the past really accomplishes. Other than upsetting you.

Does it really change anything in and of itself, or it is only a "reveal" so you can try to deal with it?

I guess I'm just not sure what revisiting the past really accomplishes. Other than upsetting you.

Does it really change anything in and of itself, or it is only a "reveal" so you can try to deal with it?
This is a more specific question.

Revisiting the past can relieve the subconscious of unanswered questions or misunderstood conflicts - a very real and positive reason to revisit and analyze.

Not to mention - learning for the future.

Can't help.

I have no personality, and not very emotional.

I blame my nanny for that.

th

What if you have an inability to love?
How would you differentiate between a psychological issue and a chemical one, or, even perhaps, an illness such as psychosis or schizophrenia ?

I'm not a doctor, but I expect what it does is reveal the source of the anger to you can deal with it. I could be wrong.

How would you differentiate between a psychological issue and a chemical one, or, even perhaps, an illness such as psychosis or schizophrenia ?
You are studied by a learned professional who can hopefully determine that for you, and if not - bottoms up, just get hammered/fu&* bitches.

You are studied by a learned professional who can hopefully determine that for you, and if not - bottoms up, just get hammered/fu&* bitches.

LOL! Except I'm a girl, but something to consider....

Between those two I'd go with #2. Imprint at the very youngest ages is crucial.

Either one can be overcome and retrained, but #1 is pretty vague, in that it doesn't give a source cause.

Forum List

Back