Over a dozen men who were near Ground Zero have breast cancer

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
An ongoing reminder, those SOB's killed many more than 3000.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/04/over-a-dozen-men-who-were-near-ground-zero-have-breast-cancer/

The 9/11 attack has produced another health nightmare — at least 15 men who were in the vicinity of Ground Zero defied astronomical odds and have been stricken with breast cancer.

Men account for only 1 percent of all breast cancers nationally.

Jeff Flynn is one of the unlucky ones.

Flynn, 65, was an account manager for data-storage company Dell EMC assigned to Goldman Sachs on Maiden Lane when planes smashed into the nearby World Trade Center towers.

He spent months around Ground Zero helping Goldman and other financial services firms get back up.

It was in 2011 — a decade later — when Flynn noticed a lump in his chest.

“I ignored it for a number of months. I didn’t even know men could get breast cancer,” he said.

While vacationing in Florida, his wife noticed that his left nipple was “inverting.”

When he returned home, he got a biopsy and was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer. He underwent chemotherapy and radiation treatment and then had reconstructive surgery.

“During my mastectomy, surgeons excised 36 lymph nodes and 35 were cancerous,” Flynn recalled.

And his ordeal was far from over.

An ongoing reminder, those SOB's killed many more than 3000.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/04/over-a-dozen-men-who-were-near-ground-zero-have-breast-cancer/

The 9/11 attack has produced another health nightmare — at least 15 men who were in the vicinity of Ground Zero defied astronomical odds and have been stricken with breast cancer.

Men account for only 1 percent of all breast cancers nationally.

Jeff Flynn is one of the unlucky ones.

Flynn, 65, was an account manager for data-storage company Dell EMC assigned to Goldman Sachs on Maiden Lane when planes smashed into the nearby World Trade Center towers.

He spent months around Ground Zero helping Goldman and other financial services firms get back up.

It was in 2011 — a decade later — when Flynn noticed a lump in his chest.

“I ignored it for a number of months. I didn’t even know men could get breast cancer,” he said.

While vacationing in Florida, his wife noticed that his left nipple was “inverting.”

When he returned home, he got a biopsy and was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer. He underwent chemotherapy and radiation treatment and then had reconstructive surgery.

“During my mastectomy, surgeons excised 36 lymph nodes and 35 were cancerous,” Flynn recalled.

And his ordeal was far from over.
Remember: the terrorists were not Muslim, but talking about remembering the day is an insult to Muslims. :spinner:

Well we missed our chance to flatten SA after 9-11.

No telling how many people will be affected because of their cowardly attack.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but if being at ground zero is the reason why these people got sick, don't you think that the sickness would've gotten hit with it sooner. The one person who is mentioned in the write up here apparently didn't "feel the affect" until a decade later.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Well we missed our chance to flatten SA after 9-11.

No telling how many people will be affected because of their cowardly attack.
Iraq was an easier target and it matters not that no hijackers were from there. SA actually has a real military.

Forum List

Back