Our galaxy compared to the largest galaxy we've found.

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Confounding, Feb 29, 2016.

1. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,861
    Your link just provides a couple of theories but not a definitive explanation. You get that right?

they determined that the star likely consumed a planet (or planets) in the past, likely around 10,000 years ago.

These results are not only the best explanation of this star's strange behavior, they could have serious implications for the study of stellar evolution – in which stars gobble up some of their planets over time.

No doubt, the mystery of Tabby's star will endure for some time to come. We can only hope that with ongoing observation, we might sort out exactly what is taking place in this far-flung system. But for the time being, the possibility that what are we seeing is the star returning to its normal state, and being occasionally dimmed by transiting pieces of debris, is the most plausible explanation yet.

Suffice it to say, the alien megastructure enthusiasts will likely be taking this latest study with a grain of salt! You have to admit, a megastructures is a VERY enticing possibility!

Read more at: Finally, an explanation for the "alien megastructure?"

2. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42,872
    If it was an alien megastructure I'd think the dimming periods would be more regular, then again, I'm no expert in alien megastrustures

3. peaceful warrior

peaceful warrior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23
    KIC 8462852 is the star that's roughly 1500 light years away from our cosmic neighborhood. It's an unbelievably huge distance and honestly I do not see how anyone here on Earth can possibly give a definitive explanation for its peculiar behaviour . We are just too far from that sollar system. Scientists have to be very careful when collecting evidence and presenting it to the general public.

As a rule, people well versed in science do not jump to conslusions unlike conspiracy nuts and guys who cannot let a day go by without seeing someone being abducted by aliens that's why they wrote that the possibility of all those debris being a large-scale space station orbiting the distant star is enticing but is very unlikely.

I think THEY THINK :woohoo:that aliens capable of constructing massive artificial objects the size of a planet or even several planets would have already spread out across our galaxy and beyond and we would have met them long time ago.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  4. Ima Cat

Ima Cat BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Humans are made in the image of God as the Bible says, just one little bitty step below God. That they came from monkeys is fake news.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,861
    Then they must not realize how far the distance is because even those smart aliens probably can't travel that fast or far.

6. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,861
    Without your bible, the koran or torrah, can you prove god exists? In other words without your cult brainwashing do you have any other evidence for your imaginary friend? Because we have mountains of scientific evidence for evolution.

OMG I can't believe you actually believe you are a god, who will live forever in paradise. Boy do you think a lot of yourself. Just one itty bitty step below god?

Let me tell you something lady. You are the perfect example of just how dumb the human species is. The fact that you could post that with a straight face tells me you are so fucking far out there I shouldn't even waste one more second trying to explain to you how

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,808
    Lol, brainwashing is truly amazing. Dude, you're no better then the islamic students in the schools hamas sets up to teach strict religious crap.

Assholes like you should be deported to Antarctica for your own good.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 4:38 PM
  8. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,861
    Did you hear about the Republican town hall where the guy was arrested for asking why the meeting was being held at a church.

Religious people are unable to question authority'. You can't be scientific that way

• Agree Agree x 1