Our galaxy compared to the largest galaxy we've found.

What existential element for humans would be changed by discovering another intelligent being?
It would just expose our religion again for being wrong again. They said we were all their was. We were special they assumed because they couldn't imagine there might be life surrounding every star. Eventually. If we look at a star with no life around it who says there wasn't a billion years ago or won't a billion years from now. And either we weren't here back then or won't be in a billion years to see it.

Our ancient ancestors had no idea. The holy men who had great power ruled that we were all their was and god made all this for us. I get why they thought that. Makes sense. But it doesn't make sense today.

And anyone who dared say otherwise was murdered, so I really get it. Anyone who dared think died. So we've been brainwashed.

What blows my mind is that the closest star to us is 80,000 years away if we go top speed. So each star is around 80,000 years apart give or take 40,000 years. Hard to imagine all that space. We are so small but also amazingly lucky to be alive happy safe healthy and aware. I wish I could live more than 100 years. I wish there was a heaven but that's just wishful thinking. Just be happy to be alive

Last edited:
Discovery of alien life could put a whole new meaning to the "Angels from the Heavens."

Discovery of alien life could put a whole new meaning to the "Angels from the Heavens."
I would ask them if they had visited before or if any other intelligent creatures in the universe have such technology.

I think when we find life it will be that we see them or pick up their signal and then we make our way to them and they make their way to us. Maybe they send their DNA on a small iPad size spacebot and we send a human DNA and we clone one of them.

I've been to that galaxy, and you don't want to go there. It is like being on the expressway at 6 PM in Los Angeles...
Dogs rule and we are pets. We go to work everyday like here but the paychecks are cut to the dog. Every 15 years they die so you will have 4 or 5 owners. After that they put you down because no dog wants you.

I've been to that galaxy, and you don't want to go there. It is like being on the expressway at 6 PM in Los Angeles...
Dogs rule and we are pets. We go to work everyday like here but the paychecks are cut to the dog. Every 15 years they die so you will have 4 or 5 owners. After that they put you down because no dog wants you.

That is bad enough, but one thing, I would never be able to get used to. Every nation's national anthem is in Rap. Going to a baseball game there is torture.... Don't erven think about attending the Olympics.

They would breed the biggest human males with big women to make guard humans. They'd breed a certain type of human for racing, play sports, fight to the death, would they sexually abuse us?

It's not the size of your galaxy ... it's the way you handle it.

That is bad enough, but one thing, I would never be able to get used to. Every nation's national anthem is in Rap. Going to a baseball game there is torture.... Don't erven think about attending the Olympics.
I just saw a PBS special on dolphins. Very intelligent creatures.

I would think a planet with no land creatures would be a pretty wonderful place. Still there is murder and suffering but no plastic pollution or nuclear weapons. No guns or smog.

I actually hope we are as smart as it gets. Not yet actually. The day we drop the superstitions wars greed and ignorance. Imagine.

I think most people think the rest of the universe is about the same size as planets and our sun here. Not even close.

These huge stars last a few million years only because the immense gravity tuns their nuclear furnace into a blast furnace that burns through hydrogen exceedingly fast and the thing goes supernova.

It's not the size of your galaxy ... it's the way you handle it.
Part of me is frustrated we're stuck on this rock so far away from the nearest planet that can sustain human life. If such a planet even exists. So really I should kiss the ground I walk on.

I went to Europe once for 3 weeks. I was so glad to be home. A part of me would love to travel to parts unknown but in reality there's no place like home.

I don't even believe but thank God for planet earth, the moon and our sun

I think most people think the rest of the universe is about the same size as planets and our sun here. Not even close.

These huge stars last a few million years only because the immense gravity tuns their nuclear furnace into a blast furnace that burns through hydrogen exceedingly fast and the thing goes supernova.

The big stars that burn out quick are probably what our planets and moons are made of.

"I am not sufficiently conceited to think that my sun is the only one with a family of planets," he wrote. "With hundreds of thousands of nebulae, each containing thousands of millions of suns, the odds are enormous that there must be immense numbers which possess planets whose circumstances would not render life impossible."

In 1939 Winston Churchill wrote, "I, for one, am not so immensely impressed by the success we are making of our civilization here that I am prepared to think we are the only spot in this immense universe which contains living, thinking creatures, or that we are the highest type of mental and physical development which has ever appeared in the vast compass of space and time."

This is mind blowing.

NU6uN8A.png

Nobody thinks to ask the critical question, "what's the CO2 level in this galaxy?"

Whatever. We're still the best

This is mind blowing.

NU6uN8A.png

Nobody thinks to ask the critical question, "what's the CO2 level in this galaxy?"

Who gives a fuck....
If you didn't read the link above I just re read one of them and I got the idea that there may be a mega structure surrounding an EXO planet. Maybe their planet isn't inhabitable anymore so they built a small moon size spaceship that orbits the sun. Just because earth is uninhabitable doesn't mean we go extinct. The mega ship would stay in the sweet spot. If there were once martians they didn't figure out how to get off Mars before it went bad. They could have built a mega ship and lived on it till earth was inhabitable.

This is mind blowing.

NU6uN8A.png

I doubt it's but one galaxy. Many, many, many fit within that sphere I would bet.
6 million years is nothing compared
This is mind blowing.

NU6uN8A.png

I doubt it's but one galaxy. Many, many, many fit within that sphere I would bet.
And don't forget all the galaxies behind those galaxies. It's very hard to comprehend. Then to think how far apart each of those dots are. They look close on a clear dark night. It blows me away to think those dots aren't stars they're possibly entire galaxies.

Forum List

Back