Our European Allies

padisha emperor said:
Nato, the Rafale is the best fighgter of the wolrd, and even the Mirage 2000 kick your Falcon.

French army, be sure, is for quality better than US.

And an toher big difference : our casualties : our soldiers and our allies's soldiers are killed by ennemies, not by our bullets....Ask for english troops....I think they have a quite bad souvenir of some US troops.....

Onedomino :

They were fighting to keep Indochina to France, but anyway, they were fighting communists. I believe that USA fouight in VN for freedom of South Viet NAm....Was it wrong ? Was it only to fight some commies ? No...... i can't believe it ? USA ? Liars ? impossible !!!! .....

And for your last sentence : I can say the same thing for US : the US soldiers showed their valour when they lost in VN. Butit is wrong
Your statement is stupid : in Indochina, French won lot of battle. But you know, the fight against an invisible ennemy, far from home, a guerrilla war......hard, really...like your VN.
But if there is one army who fought until the last ammo , it is the french army. And you can show it only with DIEN BIEN PHU : battle from 11/20/53 to 05/07/54. Hell from march to may. No white flag. the french were so brave and courageous tyat even radio moscow stop to insult them, like they do usuallly against capitalists. Here, they respect these french soldiers.
15,000 against more than 100,000..............and resistance dutring several monthes. read something correct abaout DBP, you will see that one thing cannot be denied : the valour, honour, courage of French.

first : a soldiers is paid to be prepared to fight, and alos to die.

Second : the trade of weapons has some risks. You can not deny it.

And : this pathetic argue from you is worthless, from your part : do you think that the english parents of the several british soldiers killed by US SOLDIERS accept that ? hmmmm ? Different between US and France, here : both may kil unfortunatly allied soldiers. But : france do it not directly : it is the french weapons. USA do it directly. Since the Korea, i believe that 1/5 of the US KIA are killed by US soldiers........

France capitulated quick, but nowithout fights. 90,000 french were killed during the campain of France '40. Think at Dunkirk (1940) too...........At Bir Hakeim (1942). Toulon(1942). Italy Campain(1943/44). Sienna(1944). Provence(1944). Vercors(1944). Paris(1944). Alsace(1944/45)................
The french who fought US troops in North Africa were VICHY soldiers. And for the most patr they rallied the Allies. they just obey to the order. (and know that since Mers El Kebir, the french of Vichy don't trust a lot the allies.)
For Korean. Number makes not quality. And some french officers got the Silver Star, from Gen. Ridgway's hands....
France kick NATO HQ, yes. And ? you always say that France sucks. Are you not hapy to be in Belgium ?
And France didn't really to be used as a chess piece in the giant chess game between USA and USSR. When you say that UAS were against colonialism. Was it for the human rights ? No......Only to be more mighty : USA put dictators to be mighter than Communists. So, the human rights, they don't care ! The end of colonialism would put in the "market" a lot of new States. USA wanted to put these new States in USA's influenece area.

For the fact that france didn't help against commnuists...Indochina ? no ? yes. so...

For the Afghanistan.....Amazing, how USA forget the help of some countries....
French Air Force gave a lot the intelligence informations, and french soldiers were on the ground too.....so shut up.
And french army is still here to help for the reconstruction....

So, your "great arguments" have no valor...and proove nothing, except your unhability to reflexion.

Now : Did USa help france and Europe in 1914 ? no. in 1939/40 ? no ? they wiated until an attack to fight. Fucking isolationnists.
Did they help france Uk and Israel ni 1956 ? no, they impeacched them.....
Did France help USa in Gulf War ? yes. In kosovo ? oh yes ! in Afghanistan ? yes.
Quit being so selfish by spending l that money on you military-----help out the tsunami victims---you can afford to give more !!!!

Why do you seak of money, dillo ?
French military budget is far far behind the uS one. The US military budget is bigger than ther military budget of the 25 states behind US in the list.......
So, you should pay ?

And EU give, for the moment 30 millions of $, and France send also rescue team, doctors.............

padisha emperor said:
Why do you seak of money, dillo ?
French military budget is far far behind the uS one. The US military budget is bigger than ther military budget of the 25 states behind US in the list.......
So, you should pay ?

And EU give, for the moment 30 millions of $, and France send also rescue team, doctors.............
Why do you need a military?

padisha emperor said:
"Quit being so selfish by spending l that money on you military-----help out the tsunami victims---you can afford to give more !!!!

Let's see, you tell us to not spend on the military and to give more. This from a country that spends on their military but only gives 100,000 Euros to the effort?

Fertilize your own back yard before you look at mine. Your sanctimonious attitude is getting very annoying. We have promised 35 million dollars, have sent an Aircraft Carrier to help in the building of infrastructure and delivery of needed aide. We promise support in many ways as well as whatever we will give personally and you still want to tell us what to give?!!!

Go talk to Chirac, get upset about the sorry amount that your country is giving. And don't go talking about the EU, you are only one member country. This means the entirety of Europe is still giving less than already promised by the US! What a judgemental and hypocritical ass!

It is not easy debating Padisha because he simply re-writes history to support his arguments. The following is an example of Padisha re-written history:

For the Afghanistan.....Amazing, how USA forget the help of some countries....French Air Force gave a lot the intelligence informations, and french soldiers were on the ground too.....so shut up.
Your statement is untrue. The only on-the-ground military support the US received during the invasion of Afghanistan and the subsequent destruction of the Taliban government was from the UK, Australia, and the Northern Alliance. The French did not lift a finger to help America fight the Taliban on-the-ground during the invasion of Afghanistan. I am sure you realize this. So please stop re-writing history to support your disingenuous arguments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._invasion_of_Afghanistan

------------------

one domine, i apologize, i believed that french gorund forces were here.....but i'm pretty sure that the french special forces were sent.

anyway, you can be right, sorry again.

no1vote4 :
france give 1 million dollars, and EU 30 millions. be sure that in these 30 millions, France has her part.

Then : who speak of military's budget ?
USA is the country who spend the more money to the military's budget.
US military budget : more than the 25 other bigger military budget.

So, shut up.
france sent medical experts, and will probably send the army soon, like in every tragedy, like for the Turkey's earthquake few years ago.
french firemen, also.

padisha emperor said:
france give 1 million dollars, and EU 30 millions. be sure that in these 30 millions, France has her part.

And that still makes it less for all of Europe than the US (35 million plus the help I outlined) alone. That is how many countries? Definitely more than 1.

This doesn't even count the personal donations that will come from our country. Attempting to sit a high horse and say WE can give more when YOU are clearly unwilling to give more and we already are is simply disingenuous and hypocritical.

Now if somebody from Australia were to talk to us about our commitment there it would mean something. Per capita they have promised more than any other country. However attempting to compare the EU (which is comprised of how many countries?) to the US which is one country and then to STILL COME UP SHORT tells me that we have a little more committed than do you.

Give up, you offer a piddling little amount and attempt to make us take up the slack. By the time we are done you shouldn't be surprised to find that 40-60% of the money that goes there comes from our country alone. Not for Governmental money but donations and all involved.

To say we aren't giving enough is simply a disgusting judgement from somebody in your position.

padisha emperor said:
So, shut up.

And you should stop attempting to order people around on the board. Nobody here has told you to shut up, we have simply asked that you stop trying to tell us how much we should give of ourselves when we are clearly giving more than your country is, even before the private donations have been counted or sent.

of course, no1, you're pure, like a new born lamb, an angel....

No1 : UAS have more money than any other country.look for UNO : they pay 22% of the contributions.
normal, then , if they pay more.

And the EU's 30 millions and France's 1 million don't count also the personnal gift.
Some moeny research and call for money and gift were already launched by association, by people.......

France is one of the first country for the financial help on the individual point of view. french are generous.

padisha emperor said:
of course, no1, you're pure, like a new born lamb, an angel....

No1 : UAS have more money than any other country.look for UNO : they pay 22% of the contributions.

And the EU's 30 millions and France's 1 million don't count also the personnal gift.
Some moeny research and call for money and gift were already launched by association, by people.......

France is one of the first country for the financial help on the individual point of view. french are generous.

And so are we, we gave more than the entire EU plus personal donation and other help but you judge us poorly because you simply are not willing to listen to reason at all.

However according to percentages the US is more generous when donating to charities than the French.

I never said we were pure, I simply said LOOK TO YOUR OWN. Take the log out of your eye before attempting to remove the splinter from mine.

Go to some French board and start talking about the sorry piddling portion you are paying. Shoot you can even include the EU in that. As I said before how many countries are in the EU? How many are you attempting to compare to our one? Per capita you have given less than we have, and as I stated before the only country that gave more per capita was Australia. When an Aussie comes on the site and tells me his country is more generous I will listen, but you? You have no room to even get close to considering claiming the high ground here.

I never claimed we were perfect, but you clearly think France is. Until you can see the problem you will never find a solution. Go, find a French site and complain. Once you have made France perfect then come here and tell me how to live and what to do. Until then you are simply pointing out problems that are happening here while ignoring the issues of your own country.

padisha emperor said:
Because the US normally pays more (by your statement) we SHOULD pay more????If we are already contributing MORE through the UN, why should we be expected to contribute EVEN MORE????? If France has it's way and the US becomes economically bankrupt, who will pay then? France? In one post you accuse the US of not caring about the rest of the world, in another you call us isolationist and in this one you call us stingy. It has become very apparent that you really dont care what the US does, you just hate the United States of America. Then you get all upset when the posters of this board, many of whom are Americans, verbally bash the heck out of you and France. I have news for you, France's military is NOT the best in the world (despite your assertions to the contrary) and the Rafael and Mirage 2000 have yet to be proven in combat. Saying that anything France does is the best is just so much hot air on your part.

I meant that USA, richer country of the world, are able to pay more.
So, they can pay more to help Asian People.

And go and look at the thread about tsunami :

France : 15 millions of euros (about 20 millions dollars), + 30 millions for EU, + a french help of food, doctors.....

And France's population give a lot, actually. Every inhabitant pay, it is normal, the rich countries HAVE TO help the victims.
It is our duty.

padisha emperor said:

France : 15 millions of euros (about 20 millions dollars), + 30 millions for EU, + a french help of food, doctors.....

And France's population give a lot, actually. Every inhabitant pay, it is normal, the rich countries HAVE TO help the victims.
It is our duty.
Who says it is our duty????

padisha emperor said:

It is our duty.

350,000,000 to start with. As I said it would go higher. It didn't take too much brainpower to predict that we would end up paying more than the original offer. Also a Carrier Group (The USS Abraham Lincoln) and Marines galore not counted in that money as well as our personal donations.

no1tovote4 said:
350,000,000 to start with. As I said it would go higher. <b>It didn't take too much brainpower to predict that we would end up paying more than the original offer.</b> Also a Carrier Group (The USS Abraham Lincoln) and Marines galore not counted in that money as well as our personal donations.
as usual. but why is tis an issue? we al know whose going to step up to the plate when the time(s) come. whether were expected to or its our "duty" is another story. we do it because of who we are. were a giving nation.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
Johnney said:
as usual. but why is tis an issue? we al know whose going to step up to the plate when the time(s) come. whether were expected to or its our "duty" is another story. we do it because of who we are. were a giving nation.
Exactly my point. The US does not need the EU or anyone else to tell us what our "duty" is.

Forum List

Back