Oumuamua is a Chunk of Ice

I think it's interesting that they think other star systems may closely resemble our own, with distant dwarf planets like our Pluto, covered in nitrogen ice.

I believe this explanation, and everything seems to fit.

I think it's interesting that they think other star systems may closely resemble our own, with distant dwarf planets like our Pluto, covered in nitrogen ice.

I believe this explanation, and everything seems to fit.
An banal thing to believe, as other star systems are subject to the same physical laws as our own.

And for those wanting text ...

Why Oumuamua, the Interstellar Visitor, Looks Eerily Familiar
A piece of an extrasolar Pluto may have passed through our cosmic neighborhood, a new study suggests.

March 23, 2021

One of the great shaggy-dog mysteries of the sky continues to mesmerize astronomers. That would be the nature of a strange interloper, Oumuamua, that came zooming through the solar system in 2017. Interstellar comet? Cosmic iceberg? Alien space wreck?

This week two astronomers from Arizona State University, Alan Jackson and Steven Desch, offered the most solid explanation yet: Oumuamua was a chip off a faraway planet belonging to another star. Long ago, a collision with an asteroid broke it off and sent it careering through space.

“This research is exciting in that we’ve probably resolved the mystery of what Oumuamua is, and we can reasonably identify it as a chunk of an ‘exo-Pluto,’ a Pluto-like planet in another solar system,” Dr. Desch said in a statement released by the American Geophysical Union. “Until now, we’ve had no way to know if other solar systems have Pluto-like planets, but now we have seen a chunk of one pass by Earth.”

Forum List

Back