Ottawa police chief may call in the military to handle protests

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
Ottawa's chief of police suggested Wednesday that the Canadian Armed Forces might have to be called in to handle the lingering protesters in the Canadian capital.

"This is a national issue, not an Ottawa issue," Ottawa police Chief Peter Sloly said in a briefing to city councilors. "I am increasingly concerned there is no policing solution to this."

"There is no lawful authority to seal a city. There's no practical capability to seal a city of this size," Sloly said.

I think the police chief is politely telling the truckers to leave.

Canada doesn't have all the emergency stuff that America does. There might not be a way to get the demonstrators to leave Ottawa, for example.

In America, we can declare martial law as a nuclear option, if we have to. Can't do that in Canada, apparently.

1643904614359.png

If the sons and daughters of the protestors; who make up the working class where those military members come from BTW; arrive with their tanks, hummers, five ton transport trucks, and other military equipment, then end up joining the protestors what then Mister Trudeau?

*****SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:
Ottawa's chief of police suggested Wednesday that the Canadian Armed Forces might have to be called in to handle the lingering protesters in the Canadian capital.

"This is a national issue, not an Ottawa issue," Ottawa police Chief Peter Sloly said in a briefing to city councilors. "I am increasingly concerned there is no policing solution to this."

"There is no lawful authority to seal a city. There's no practical capability to seal a city of this size," Sloly said.

Canada doesn't have all the emergency stuff that America does. There might not be a way to get the demonstrators to leave Ottawa, for example.

In America, we can declare martial law as a nuclear option, if we have to. Can't do that in Canada, apparently.
Yes, Canada can declare martial law and did during the FLQ crisis in which there were politicl murders. It was declared by Pierre Trudeau and he was hotly criticized for that.

Funny how he aided and abetted blm, who murdered, committed arson, destroyed private property, raped, pillaged etc. The ottawa police and the pm are a national disgrace and to be looked upon with pity.

They themselves reveal that they are divided and confused on their cause.

But still reality surfaces to prove that they really want Covid to go away, and Mr. Covid isn't listening.

The Conservative party just doesn't have the political clout to make it about Trudeau and the Liberal party.
The Cons and the PPC need to come together and regroup as a united front. Many are saying that's not possible for another 10 years!

I think they can do a bit better than that.

They themselves reveal that they are divided and confused on their cause.

But still reality surfaces to prove that they really want Covid to go away, and Mr. Covid isn't listening.

The Conservative party just doesn't have the political clout to make it about Trudeau and the Liberal party.
The Cons and the PPC need to come together and regroup as a united front. Many are saying that's not possible for another 10 years!

I think they can do a bit better than that.

Canada simply needs to stop the vaccine mandates. Thats all. If they can't do what people require then the parliament and pm must be removed from office.

Canada simply needs to stop the vaccine mandates. Thats all. If they can't do what people require then the parliament and pm must be removed from office.
In due course Canada will be able to stop the vaccine mandates. Presently our government is mandating what is necessary to save lives.

And the Conservative party can even get together on demanding an olive branch. Premier Ford of Ontario cut the legs out from under the fed Conservatives yesterday.

Mandates that save lives won't every be compromised for subversives who are attempting to overthrow government.

In due course Canada will be able to stop the vaccine mandates. Presently our government is mandating what is necessary to save lives.

And the Conservative party can even get together on demanding an olive branch. Premier Ford of Ontario cut the legs out from under the fed Conservatives yesterday.

Mandates that save lives won't every be compromised for subversives who are attempting to overthrow government.

Mandates don't save lives. That's the problem. I have several friends in calgary who are not complying with these mandates. Neither are the businesses.

Leftists announced counter demonstrations to the Freedom truckers this weekend. They got started.
here's their first.

yeah. THIS is what the left does. and they'll say we did it.

Judge says NO MORE HONKIN'

Truckers respond..

With more Honkin'.

I can see their rightness in doing this. We just been through 2 years of illegal lockdowns, forced masking of our kids and adults, forced vaccines or lose your job, brutality by police and smugness by exempted from mask and vaxx politicians and elites. Apply the law evenly or no one obeys it.

KEEP HONKIN!!!

Forum List

Back