Organic Food

Discussion in 'Politics' started by buckeye45_73, Sep 4, 2012.

1. buckeye45_73

buckeye45_73 Lakhota's my *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,938
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,849
    Many of the studies didn't specify their standards for what constituted "organic" food - which can cost as much as twice what conventional food costs - the researchers wrote Monday in the Annals of Internal Medicine.

wow studies with no control......lol....

3. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,849
    But Chensheng Lu, who studies environmental health and exposure at the Harvard School of Public Health in Boston, said that while the jury is still out on those effects, people should consider pesticide exposure in their grocery-shopping decisions.

"If I was a smart consumer, I would choose food that has no pesticides," Lu, who wasn't involved in the new study, told Reuters Health. "I think that's the best way to protect your health."

He said more research is necessary to fully explore the potential health and safety differences between organic and conventional foods, and that it's "premature" to conclude organic meat and produce isn't any healthier than non-organic versions.

"Right now I think it's all based on anecdotal evidence," Lu said.

from your link....but keep eating foods that are sprayed and modified......go right on..thinking its better for you

4. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,390
    I was never under the impression that people buy organic for boosted vitamins benefits, etc but the fact that there's not pesticides and crap on them.

Which...........stil remains.

From your study: But organic options may live up to their billing of lowering exposure to pesticide residue and antibiotic-resistant bacteria, researchers from Stanford University and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System found.

5. buckeye45_73

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,938

it's marketing.....come on....you're making assumptions, based on oooooh chemicals, what a dirty word!

6. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,849
    due to the chemicals used in christmas tree 'farming' this area has odd clusters of cancer..especially childhood cancers but it has nothing to do with the spraying of the trees...that runs into the ground water and water tables that people drill wells into.....

7. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,390
    You made a thread assuming it makes people who buy organic stupid, when the study doesn't even address the main reason people buy organic.

Yea, that was you. Quit quipping jokes when you're the one with egg on your face.

And yes, chemicals are bad. Look up some cancer studies, and also stand by the beds of some close friends or relatives dying of cancer that lived otherwise seemingly healthy lives, and try not to study and get too upset about it....

After all of that, come back and make this immature thread with that pain sitting in your guts, simmering for a little while.

8. buckeye45_73

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,938

No I just make fun of liberal politics masquerading as science and how all these "Studies" are jokes, because they're not real science.

Also what are we supposed to die of? I'm thinking since we are older we have more cancer, because well, we cant live forever....or can we?

9. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,849
    back pedal bitch lol

10. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,390
    I am thinking that people in their 20's and 30's get cancer, all the way up to "old," so.....yea good "point."

And this study doesn't mean shit. People don't buy organic because they think there's more vitamins in them, I've never met a person who didn't do it to avoid the chemicals. And, your study reinforces their reasoning, rendering this thread retarded, and immature.