O'Reilly slanders American WWII heroes and then FOX washes it's transcripts...

This thread should be renamed:

"Why it's not a good idea to pissy off a marine gunny"

:)

Asendorf - you lost this debate. You should do the only thing honorable - Admit you over-reacted to the subject in this thread without actually applying common sense and/or reason.

:)

GotZoom said:
I know someome like that. He hears a word that sounds intelligent. Either has to look it up or have it explained to him. Then that is all you hear for the next three weeks.

Of course, he is 22 and doesn't have 18 years experience in the military.

'Zat a fact? Been lying, hs he? Y'know, if I was going to lie about my military experience, I would at least go for something a little more "daring-do-ish" than "Combat Flutetooter.":laugh:

GunnyL said:
'Zat a fact? Been lying, hs he? Y'know, if I was going to lie about my military experience, I would at least go for something a little more "daring-do-ish" than "Combat Flutetooter.":laugh:
Naw, he aint lying...I do believe he is truly a flute tootin' 18 year vet. Doesn't excuse anything else though.

GunnyL said:

Now now now Gunny....there is a long line of Combat Flutetooters throughout history:

(insert "cricket chirping sounds")

Never mind.

CSM said:
Naw, he aint lying...I do believe he is truly a flute tootin' 18 year vet. Doesn't excuse anything else though.

Can you believe this nimrod neg-repped me?:rotflmao:

Oh ... to drop the hammer on his cluess little ass or not .......:chains:

GunnyL said:
Can you believe this nimrod neg-repped me?:rotflmao:

Oh ... to drop the hammer on his cluess little ass or not .......:chains:

LOL...you are a warmongering, baby killing, evil SoB...of course he neg repped you!

GotZoom said:
Now now now Gunny....there is a long line of Combat Flutetooters throughout history:

(insert "cricket chirping sounds")

Never mind.

John Phillip Sousa...no military organization can march without him.

Glenn Miller...WW II combat multiplier.

You know... I'm pretty much done with this. If you'll all defend Gunny's position that he hasn't called WWII veterans war criminals in his post:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=436936&postcount=14

GunnyL said:
I said that crime does not excuse nor justify the subsequent crime committed by US troops in executing POWs, and I stated that O'Reilly is not lying about the fact that it happened, nor is O'Reilly "slandering" nor dishonoring the US military, nor WWII vets for stating fact.

then I guess I'm just incapable of reading...

...or you'll all agree to anything as long as it defends Bill O'Reilly.

BTW, no American servicemen were ever charged, tried or convicted for what GunnyL is saying happened above... but, in MurthaWorld, we know that doesn't matter.

jasendorf said:
You know... I'm pretty much done with this. If you'll all defend Gunny's position that he hasn't called WWII veterans war criminals in his post:

BTW, no American servicemen were ever charged, tried or convicted for what GunnyL is saying happened above... but, in MurthaWorld, we know that doesn't matter.

I know I'm going to regret this but...

El Dorfo...humor me.

Do you believe that ANY U.S. military member has EVER shot, killed, executed, etc. a member of an opposing force who surrended or was captured?

jasendorf said:

:laugh:

Does your dick reach your ass, Bub?

jasendorf said:

Were the SS guys tried and convicted?

In addition to Chegnone (an alleged incident that I think O'Rielly was refering to) there is also this alleged incident:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dachau_massacre

Again, the US military does not condone or encourage such things. They do however occur. It is obvious that those who are tried and convicted of such atrocities should be punished...no matter whose side they are on. What makes the current situation so bad is that the terrorists DO encourage, condone, reward and laud such actions.

GotZoom said:
I know I'm going to regret this but...

El Dorfo...humor me.

Do you believe that ANY U.S. military member has EVER shot, killed, executed, etc. a member of an opposing force who surrended or was captured?

I am certain that language barrier, the heat of battle and misunderstandings may have resulted in the unfortunate act of killing POWs and surrendering forces. That I can accept those mistakes and agree have occurred. I also believe that any who have been determined to do so without reason (such as those noted above) have been punished appropriately (such as William Calley). And, the American military has a long history of courtmartialing those who break the rules of war for their respective time periods. That is part of the honorable tradition of our military and our nation and it is one of the traits which distinguishes us from terrorists and our enemies.

But, I disagree that American troops went willy-nilly murdering Nazi POWs in retribution for Malmedy... and the lack of any charge, trial or conviction also do not bear that out.

CSM said:
In addition to Chegnone (an alleged incident that I think O'Rielly was refering to) there is also this alleged incident:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dachau_massacre

Again, the US military does not condone or encourage such things. They do however occur. It is obvious that those who are tried and convicted of such atrocities should be punished...no matter whose side they are on. What makes the current situation so bad is that the terrorists DO encourage, condone, reward and laud such actions.

This incident (according to the article you posted) was investigated and the men involved were court martialed. The incidents around Malmedy involving alleged American actions never received such a trial... which is why I oppose GunnyL treating it as if it is some sort of Gospel.

jasendorf said:

Grow a brain, dimwit. Your ranting was at first amusing at best. It's REAL stale now.

Seems everyone but YOU comprehends what I posted, and more importantly, can keep it within the context it was posted.

Obviously you are a bandsman because they wouldn't dare put a rifle in your dufus hands. No telling WHO you'd shoot. Now be a good little troll and go play with your flute.

jasendorf said:
I am certain that language barrier, the heat of battle and misunderstandings may have resulted in the unfortunate act of killing POWs and surrendering forces. That I can accept those mistakes and agree have occurred. I also believe that any who have been determined to do so without reason (such as those noted above) have been punished appropriately (such as William Calley). And, the American military has a long history of courtmartialing those who break the rules of war for their respective time periods. That is part of the honorable tradition of our military and our nation and it is one of the traits which distinguishes us from terrorists and our enemies.

But, I disagree that American troops went willy-nilly murdering Nazi POWs in retribution for Malmedy... and the lack of any charge, trial or conviction also do not bear that out.

Hey, buttmunch ... wanna' know what the difference is between your post here and what I have been saying all along?

Not ONE damned thing you f-ing 'tard. You have got to be the dippiest troll I have ever encountered, and THAT is saying something.

jasendorf said:
This incident (according to the article you posted) was investigated and the men involved were court martialed. The incidents around Malmedy involving alleged American actions never received such a trial... which is why I oppose GunnyL treating it as if it is some sort of Gospel.

Ever heard of R.I.F.? Do us ALL a favor and join NOW, please.

Forum List

Back