Oregon: the lefts crazy logic...government high taxes= they must control rent

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
I don't get this shit, the lefty's want $250,000 dollar a year dog catchers, so they raise taxes and then realize someone has to pay for $250,000 dollar a year dog catchers....

Oregon set to become first state with mandatory rent controls to address skyrocketing housing costs

Oregon set to become first state with mandatory rent controls to address skyrocketing housing costs

Oregon could be the first state to impose mandatory rent control laws as it faces rising housing costs.

The bill is headed to the state House floor after it was approved by the House Committee On Human Services and Housing on Wednesday, according to The Oregonian.

The bill would prohibit annual rent increases of more than 7 percent plus inflation. It would also prohibit landlords from evicting tenants without cause after 12 months of residency.

I don't get this shit, the lefty's want $250,000 dollar a year dog catchers, so they raise taxes and then realize someone has to pay for $250,000 dollar a year dog catchers....

Oregon could be the first state to impose mandatory rent control laws as it faces rising housing costs.

The bill is headed to the state House floor after it was approved by the House Committee On Human Services and Housing on Wednesday, according to The Oregonian.

The bill would prohibit annual rent increases of more than 7 percent plus inflation. It would also prohibit landlords from evicting tenants without cause after 12 months of residency.

Okay, so you can't evict a tenant that's been nothing but a pain in the ass after 12 months? Don't these clowns realize most rental agreements are for 12 months and landlords are virtually helpless until that contract is up?

Where is the landlord supposed to get the money if he or she has a major water problem requiring the digging up of the property and replacing water or sewer lines? How about a removal and replacement of a roof?

Government stands behind these construction unions which cause the price of homes to increase dramatically, and then go after landlords when less people can afford those homes and landlords can capitalize on supply and demand.

Real estate is like any other investment. You work hard, save a lot of money, invest it, and do whatever you can to get the best return on your investment. We don't buy rental property as a social obligation. What landlords will do now is ask premium price for their rental units up front to cover their future losses the government is going to inflict on them. That means less affordable housing.

Californicators fled to the state of Washington, turned that state into liberal la-la land, then dropped down into Oregon and are now F'in that state up.

They will end up abandoning them if they lose control of them and can’t afford to repair them. Won’t that be lovely...

Okay, so you can't evict a tenant that's been nothing but a pain in the ass after 12 months? Don't these clowns realize most rental agreements are for 12 months and landlords are virtually helpless until that contract is up?

Where is the landlord supposed to get the money if he or she has a major water problem requiring the digging up of the property and replacing water or sewer lines? How about a removal and replacement of a roof?

Government stands behind these construction unions which cause the price of homes to increase dramatically, and then go after landlords when less people can afford those homes and landlords can capitalize on supply and demand.

Real estate is like any other investment. You work hard, save a lot of money, invest it, and do whatever you can to get the best return on your investment. We don't buy rental property as a social obligation. What landlords will do now is ask premium price for their rental units up front to cover their future losses the government is going to inflict on them. That means less affordable housing.

Californicators fled to the state of Washington, turned that state into liberal la-la land, then dropped down into Oregon and are now F'in that state up.

I don't know what happened to the proposal, but California wanted to do the same thing as Oregon is doing. I didn't follow the story to find how it turned out.

As I stated, real estate is an investment. Imagine what would happen to this country if government was able to limit profit from all investments. What would the day traders do? What would the commodities investors do?

Rental property is a very long term investment. Very few if any get rich off of it in the immediate years, and most don't even in the long term. You are simply letting others pay your loans off and collect enough to upkeep the property and make improvements if possible.

It's quite a spectacle when one delves into the lib mind. Screw one state up, get out fast, move in to next state, raise taxes, repeat.

I agree.

Libs are like a plague of locusts devastating everything.

Fumigation please.

jTOyClC.jpg

It's quite a spectacle when one delves into the lib mind. Screw one state up, get out fast, move in to next state, raise taxes, repeat.

It's happening in So. Nevada and Las Vegas currently as you post.
Not as bad as Washington or Oregon yet, but numerous Californicators who cannot afford to retire in California continue to move here cause it's affordable compared to where they came from; but once they set themselves up, they instill in our politics the same liberalism that F'ed their state up without ever realizing how their liberal politics forced them to relocate here in the first place!
And that IS the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results!

I don't know what happened to the proposal, but California wanted to do the same thing as Oregon is doing. I didn't follow the story to find how it turned out.

As I stated, real estate is an investment. Imagine what would happen to this country if government was able to limit profit from all investments. What would the day traders do? What would the commodities investors do?

Rental property is a very long term investment. Very few if any get rich off of it in the immediate years, and most don't even in the long term. You are simply letting others pay your loans off and collect enough to upkeep the property and make improvements if possible.

I know. I lived it (it being one whom rented to others).
Notice it is in the past tense.
You're 100% correct Ray!

They will end up abandoning them if they lose control of them and can’t afford to repair them. Won’t that be lovely...

They can't abandon them because they would lose everything they worked for. What this law will do is decrease the value of rental property. Landlords would get out of the business and sell their properties to rookies who think there's a lot of money to be made.

In my suburb they came out with the most ridiculous regulations. They demand that we have an inspection done on the exterior, interior, and associated rooms with the apartment such as the basement, attic or garage. with each and every new tenant.

These inspections only take place during the day, so they expect landlords to take a day off of work to inspect the place. They always find something stupid wrong, so then you have to take another day off of work to have it re-inspected after you correct what they were complaining about.

The fee for this is $225.00. And if you need work performed by a professional such as an electrician or plumber, you can only use companies on the cities list. You can't hire anybody you want even if they are certified and bonded.

When I complained to my Councilman, he told me that the Mayor said landlords are making too much money in his city, and it's time to spread the wealth. So I told him I'd like to setup a meeting with the Mayor, and perhaps he can show me where all this profit is since my professional tax preparer can't seem to find it. He never got back to me.

Oregon is about to go swirling down the drain.

They can't abandon them because they would lose everything they worked for. What this law will do is decrease the value of rental property. Landlords would get out of the business and sell their properties to rookies who think there's a lot of money to be made.

In my suburb they came out with the most ridiculous regulations. They demand that we have an inspection done on the exterior, interior, and associated rooms with the apartment such as the basement, attic or garage. with each and every new tenant.

These inspections only take place during the day, so they expect landlords to take a day off of work to inspect the place. They always find something stupid wrong, so then you have to take another day off of work to have it re-inspected after you correct what they were complaining about.

The fee for this is $225.00. And if you need work performed by a professional such as an electrician or plumber, you can only use companies on the cities list. You can't hire anybody you want even if they are certified and bonded.

When I complained to my Councilman, he told me that the Mayor said landlords are making too much money in his city, and it's time to spread the wealth. So I told him I'd like to setup a meeting with the Mayor, and perhaps he can show me where all this profit is since my professional tax preparer can't seem to find it. He never got back to me.

Sadly, they never will get back to you. They can't comprehend economics. It's quite scary considering these things are running cities.

It's happening in So. Nevada and Las Vegas currently as you post.
Not as bad as Washington or Oregon yet, but numerous Californicators who cannot afford to retire in California continue to move here cause it's affordable compared to where they came from; but once they set themselves up, they instill in our politics the same liberalism that F'ed their state up without ever realizing how their liberal politics forced them to relocate here in the first place!
And that IS the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results!

I saw it happen in Colorado.

I agree.

Libs are like a plague of locusts devastating everything.

Fumigation please.

jTOyClC.jpg

check out this other article on the same subject

About 60 percent of Oregon's new arrivals come for jobs or because they're looking for work, said Josh Lehner, a state economist. At least one-third of the new arrivals are from California, he said.

Oregon housing squeeze sets stage for statewide rent control

Sadly, they never will get back to you. They can't comprehend economics. It's quite scary considering these things are running cities.

Well, the Mayor never got back to me. He didn't run for re-eleicton and died last year. But this is liberal politics for you: attack the people that can't defend themselves via vote. We smokers know that more than anybody.

The libs often ask me why I stick up for the rich? I tell them because I know what it's like to be targeted by the government being a minority of some kind.

Well, the Mayor never got back to me. He didn't run for re-eleicton and died last year. But this is liberal politics for you: attack the people that can't defend themselves via vote. We smokers know that more than anybody.

The libs often ask me why I stick up for the rich? I tell them because I know what it's like to be targeted by the government being a minority of some kind.

There are two kinds of rich in this country. The self-made rich that are not as rich as the corporatist rich.
It's the corporatist rich that the socialist Dems will cater to if they get power; as the self-made rich will get their pockets picked by the socialists, resulting in the corporatist rich becoming richer.
What else explains why the corporatist rich support the new Democrat Socialists as much as they do?
Because they'll be in the same bed as them.

and exactly the same applies to Oregon....

wherever in America Demonrats go.....they f*** up everything!

wUQtGNH.jpg

Forum List

Back