Oregon raises min wage

Leave the issue to the states. Some will raise it, some will drop it to $3 per hour and then complain that nobody is willing to do those jobs. If you pretend to pay me I pretend to work.

Leave the issue to the states. Some will raise it, some will drop it to $3 per hour and then complain that nobody is willing to do those jobs. If you pretend to pay me I pretend to work.

Which is why we have working class poor States and the highest working poverty rate.

File:Pov crossnatl.jpeg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bullshit. I could have been poor. I decided I wouldn't like it.

Bullshit. I could have been poor. I decided I wouldn't like it.

Working class poor.

Ah, increasing the minimum wage. Just another example of how liberals and conservatives alike are equally stupid in their own unique ways.

What's wrong with keeping wages equal to costs?
Wages ARE costs.

And?
And that's why the question to which I was responding is fallacious.

You're stating something that is common knowledge, I'd think you'd have something else to offer.
You have to work with what you're given. In this case, the post I was responding to set the intellectual level, and I responded accordingly.

If that's a persons attitude towards work, it's not a wonder why they make minimum or lower wages in the first place.

When you go on the job, you do the best job you can no matter how much you get paid. That's how you create references for better jobs down the road. That's how you get better pay or promotions at the job you are currently at.

Nobody hires bad employees, employers make them bad.

Correction, nobody KEEPS bad employees (except government).

People take jobs because they need to work. Most time they are poorly paid positions.

If you are an employer, why would you have positions that an employee would use as a step stone for a resume? Wouldn't it make better sense to have all positions paying a living wage and promote from within?
Not if the job doesn't earn the company more than it costs.

There isn't such a thing.
Not for long, there isn't. At least you're tacitly admitting the one thing that MW increasers generally don't, which is that raising the cost of a job too high eliminates that job.

If that's a persons attitude towards work, it's not a wonder why they make minimum or lower wages in the first place.

When you go on the job, you do the best job you can no matter how much you get paid. That's how you create references for better jobs down the road. That's how you get better pay or promotions at the job you are currently at.

Nobody hires bad employees, employers make them bad.

People take jobs because they need to work. Most time they are poorly paid positions.

If you are an employer, why would you have positions that an employee would use as a step stone for a resume? Wouldn't it make better sense to have all positions paying a living wage and promote from within?

And unions.

And unions.

I owned a Union printing business for 20 years. Best employees and employer could ask for.
Do unions make it harder or easier to fire bad employees? It's a simple question.

So govt employees are bad employees. Nice blanket statement. They are people just like you. I worked in corporate america in my younger days...plenty of bad employees there too....in management positions most of them.
Is it easy or difficult to fire bad government employees? It's a simple question.

I was never fired...but I quit 2 jobs with no notice to my employers...they didn't deserve it. Try it...its an awesome inspiring feeling.

I was never fired...but I quit 2 jobs with no notice to my employers...they didn't deserve it. Try it...its an awesome inspiring feeling.

It may make you feel good up to the point the current employer you're trying to get a job with checks references of your past employers.

Employers are held to strict standards when answering questions about a former employees. One thing I learned is the magic question:

"If I don't hire X, and you have an opening back at your business, would you hire X again?"

If the answer is no, then many times that application gets tossed into the shredder.

I use the same question when I call past landlords about tenants applying for one of my apartments. Same thing. If they tell me they would not rent another apartment to the applicant, I don't call the applicant back for an interview.

Forum List

Back