Oregon raises min wage

Does the people living there ever have a SAY in anything that goes on in their state?
or they now have a bunch of dictators they bow to. until the people speak up they will continue to steamroll over them

Great move OR... now the STUPID BURGER FLIPPING CLASS of people in your state will make more money than most people graduating college, great move, I'm sure businesses will be flocking to OR any time now...

Does the people living there ever have a SAY in anything that goes on in their state?
or they now have a bunch of dictators they bow to. until the people speak up they will continue to steamroll over them

You do realize that those are elected representatives, right? The people of Oregon voted for them to pass laws on their behalf. Do you have any understanding of how our system of government works or do you just cash the checks they send you?

Great move OR... now the STUPID BURGER FLIPPING CLASS of people in your state will make more money than most people graduating college, great move, I'm sure businesses will be flocking to OR any time now...

Let me know when McDonalds pulls out of Oregon.

If it's going to be done, the States should be the ones to do it. I don't know if a tiered system will pass a 14th Amendment challenge, we'll see.

Let me know when McDonalds pulls out of Oregon.

McDonald's is not going anywhere, they are busy creating automated restaurants that will allow them to reduce their workforce.

The people elected them...so obviously they want this.
Oregon lawmakers approve landmark minimum wage increase

I wonder if the same idiots that whine now about the min wage sound like the idiots that whined the apocalypse was going to happen when it was raised to its current wage.....anyways good for Oregon residents,maybe now they can make ends meet a little better.
Company's will start moving out of Oregon and reconsider moving there...
Yeah like happened in Seattle eh? LOL

I live here in Oregon, and this is just the latest reason why if I were looking to start a new business, I wouldn't do it here. Especially in the Portland or Eugene area. If their regulations haven't killed your business already, this latest salvo might do it.

I live here in Oregon, and this is just the latest reason why if I were looking to start a new business, I wouldn't do it here. Especially in the Portland or Eugene area. If their regulations haven't killed your business already, this latest salvo might do it.
It's happening in urban areas all over the country...
People are not that stupid to stay where they are not wanted, only reason to start a business is for profit anything else is just insane...

The people that really are the ones who end up getting ripped off are the blue collar and lower skilled white collar workers who have been in the workforce for many years.
It's not fair that they have put in many years working their way up only to now be making just a few dollars more an hour than these newbies who have very low skills and are still wet behind the ears.

Once again government steps in to bail out the irresponsible people who should be the ones working their own way up to better paying jobs.

I personally always use self check out lanes when available...

why do you care, do you live there ? you should keep your nose out of their business

They speak up by voting, you nitwit. That's how they have their say. Are you retarded?

Because you have to pay a worker a wage you would want to live with? Wow heck of a person you are....guess we can thank goodness you won't be starting a business then.

Forum List

Back