Opinion on these psychedelic Alternative and punk English music bands

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Can somebody break down these groups to me and tell me what u think , thanks

Clash, Psyhedelic Furs, Kinks, Ramones, Cure, New order, Deepche Mode, Pet shop etc...

I find the posters on this board to be super awesome in Music
This is going to be my last music post for a long time lol I promise

Last edited:
‘Black is the most exciting colour’ (Goya). "Black when used in different ways appears the most infinite and mysterious, the most spatial and loose."
-Malcolm McLaren, essay for course at Croydon Art School, 1967

From Wikipedia:
Malcolm Robert Andrew McLaren (22 January 1946 – 8 April 2010) was an English[1] impresario, visual artist, singer, songwriter, musician, clothes designer and boutique owner, who combined these activities in an inventive and provocative way. He promoted and managed the bands New York Dolls, the Sex Pistols, and Bow Wow Wow, and recorded music in his own name.

The Kinks do not belong in that group. They've been around since 1963 and are more in the class of The Rolling Stones & The Beatles.

They were not psychedelic, alternative, or punk. They were rock.

Last edited:
PSB are also way outside of your labels . Probably because of the two Neil Tennant is so broad in his influences and personal tastes .

Back in the day I used to love the Cure, New order, Depeche Mode, Psychedelic Furs, etc. It seems like all the best music came from the UK.

Malcolm Robert Andrew McLaren (22 January 1946 – 8 April 2010) was an English[1] impresario, visual artist, singer, songwriter, musician, clothes designer and boutique owner, who combined these activities in an inventive and provocative way. He promoted and managed the bands New York Dolls, the Sex Pistols, and Bow Wow Wow, and recorded music in his own name.
And what a classic piece of Pop brilliance he left us . He could not sing two notes in tune but crafted this pearler -- thanks to the help of Giacomo Puicinni. Madam Butterfly .https://youtu.be/3JN8o8-ZK5s Bastard will not share .

Forum List

Back