Open carry...do you get it?

Open carry...

• Total voters
I don't.

Someone who gets it, please explain it to me.

The only time I open carry is when I'm in the woods.

Let's see. Explain open carry. Well, first you strap on a holster, make sure it's in plain sight, holster your weapon and "carry" it wherever ya go. Hope that helps....... :eusa_angel:

In Alaska bad lands more than thirty years ago, I get it.

Going open carry to the Dairy Queen in Carthage, Texas, on highway 79 is simply bad manners at the best.

Going open carry to the Dairy Queen in Carthage, Texas, on highway 79 is simply bad manners at the best.

Especially if you're robbing it........... or have something more nefarious in mind.......

It is bad enough "law enforcement" fags have their weapons on their Batman belts. On the other hand, in America, a land invaded by millions of illegal aliens and loaded with ghetto Obama folks, and it is hot out, external carry might be the most comfortable.

If you don't get it your position is already clear. No one is going to change your mind.

If you don't get it your position is already clear. No one is going to change your mind.

You'd be surprised...I'm a sucker for logical arguments.

Maybe five years ago or so I was in a shopping mall somewhere in Kentucky, and I see this still wet behind the ears kid with a nickel plated Jennings 9mm hanging from his belt...and I can tell you from first hand experience that it made me nervous.

And I'm a gun guy...so I can imagine how much worse an experience it would be for someone who isn't comfortable with firearms in the first place.

I am a big proponent of the 2nd amendment.

But, I see no need to strap your AR-15 over your shoulder and walk around town or go into the mall or a restaurant.

I know why people are doing it, it is a protest of Rights. Would I do it, NO.

I have had a CWP for over 30 years, but when I carry (which is rarely) it is hidden , it is no ones business if I am packing.

Nothing says....I'm a badass, don't fuck with me, like a weapon strapped to your side

I am a big proponent of the 2nd amendment.

But, I see no need to strap your AR-15 over your shoulder and walk around town or go into the mall or a restaurant.

I know why people are doing it, it is a protest of Rights. Would I do it, NO.

I have had a CWP for over 30 years, but when I carry (which is rarely) it is hidden , it is no ones business if I am packing.

I agree 100%

No one would ever know if I was carrying and that's the way it should be IMO.

We have the right to do it. It's as simple as that. And we don't want that right removed.

It's also a sign that Americans are getting fed up with having their rights and their opportunities whittled away. It's a sign we're very closed to armed conflict.

We have the right to do it. It's as simple as that. And we don't want that right removed.

That right there is your logical argument Miss. Now is there basic etiquette that people should follow just out of class? Sure. But in the end I could care less how comfortable someone is.

You'd be surprised...I'm a sucker for logical arguments.

Maybe five years ago or so I was in a shopping mall somewhere in Kentucky, and I see this still wet behind the ears kid with a nickel plated Jennings 9mm hanging from his belt...and I can tell you from first hand experience that it made me nervous.

And I'm a gun guy...so I can imagine how much worse an experience it would be for someone who isn't comfortable with firearms in the first place.

Well it's a double edged sword.

On one hand people need to be more exposed to seeing good guys with guns so they don't piss their pants & call 9-1-1 when I carry my rifle out to the truck, display it in a gun rack or shooting a destructive varmint.

On the other hand going overboard with AR-15's in packed restaurants freaking people out & disrupting business can backfire.

Last edited:
I don't.

Well, there is the ‘BBQ gun’ syndrome, where some feel the need to show off expensive handguns.

Others might argue that they can’t carry ‘enough gun’ concealed.

This argument really doesn’t work given the many compact 1911s and clones chambered in .45 ACP, as well as small revolvers in .357 Mag. And ammunition manufactures offer a wide variety of defensive rounds for .380 ACP, 9mm Luger, 9mm Mak, and .38 Special.

As with most everything else, however, it comes down to personal choice, where those who wish to open carry are at liberty to do so in accordance with the laws of their jurisdiction of residence.

I prefer to conceal carry, of course, because it affords me all possible self-defense options.

It is bad enough "law enforcement" fags have their weapons on their Batman belts. On the other hand, in America, a land invaded by millions of illegal aliens and loaded with ghetto Obama folks, and it is hot out, external carry might be the most comfortable.
Yup. Those law enforcement fags whose boots you lick and who you cry for when the beaners are trying to get you. Your retarded man.

I don't.

I do but it isnt for me. Pistols poke and jab me and I am glutiously challanged, so a hand gun on my belt also pulls my pants down. That said, open carry is nothing big for me, but walking into a fast food joint strapped up with your deer gun or what ever is a dumb. Its not normal.

That right there is your logical argument Miss. Now is there basic etiquette that people should follow just out of class? Sure. But in the end I could care less how comfortable someone is.

my basic etiquette is simple....dont fucking touch me or mine and you will not find out if i carry...simple as that....as for myself....i hated having to hide my handgun when i had one and went out...i needed it for my job....i would carry thousands of dollars about two blocks and make the night deposit...the handgun had to be hidden...why...? i think people needed to know i had it...

And the whole "omg I was terrified by the open carry dudes in teh restaurant" is just asinine. They're demonstrating outside the establishment, and come in to get something to eat...what sort of DILLHOLE then pretends they're terrified they're being attacked?

Fucking morons. Or criminals.

Forum List

Back