Open Carry, a good idea?

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Feb. 13, 2010

Huntsville, Alabama
A women opened fire in a biology faculty meeting at the U of Alabama campus on Friday, killing three people and injuring three others, two of them critically.

Des Moines, Iowa
A 12 year old boy was charged Friday with murder and other counts in a shooting that killed his stepfather and wounded a five year old girl.

Wow.

Sounds like some law abiding citizens there. I'm sure if there was a law prohibiting them from owning a firearm they would abide by it.

"Dammit, I was going to go hold up a bank today, but for that peksy law...."

You don't think those shooters would still be out shooting people if carry was not allowed?

Use your damn head.

'oh shit, they criminalized firearm carry, how will I ever manage to go spray up a college campus now!!"

Murderers are ALWAYS willing to abide by gun laws. ALWAYS.

Yeah, and ever since there have been speed limit laws in place, I haven't seen a single person exceed the limits.

There's a lot of people using and selling drugs, too. We should make that illegal so we can put a stop to it.

Oh wait...

here in massachusetts we have very strict gun laws, no open carry, and no one hardly ever gets shot by some murderous lunatic.

The Wakefield massacre occurred on Tuesday, December 26, 2000, at the Edgewater Technology in Wakefield, Massachusetts, United States, during which the gunman, Michael "Mucko" McDermott, an application support employee, shot and killed seven co-workers.

He was found by police sitting calmly and stated that he didn't speak German. At trial, he stated that he was born without a soul and that God had allowed him to earn a soul by traveling back in time to kill Nazis. However, the prosecution asserted that the killings were motivated by his employer's garnishing of his wages to the IRS, to pay back taxes.[citation needed]

The weapons he used were an AK-47 variant, a 12-gauge shotgun, and a .32 caliber pistol. He fired off a total of 37 rounds, shooting his victims in the back of the head repeatedly.

He was found guilty of seven counts of first degree murder and sentenced to seven consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole.

In the court session following the crimes, McDermott claimed he had "Travelled back in time and killed Hitler and the last 6 Nazis."

In 2008 this case was studied on the psychology programme Most Evil.

McDermott is also cited in the 2003 Psychology book "Why We Hate" By Rush W. Dozier - McGraw-Hill pub

Wakefield massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Feb. 13, 2010

Huntsville, Alabama
A women opened fire in a biology faculty meeting at the U of Alabama campus on Friday, killing three people and injuring three others, two of them critically.

Des Moines, Iowa
A 12 year old boy was charged Friday with murder and other counts in a shooting that killed his stepfather and wounded a five year old girl.

Still a good idea to open carry, those 'other' types will always be around making it bad for the rest of us. Specially those that drink and carry. Mentally unbalanced and those that 'lose it' cannot always be predicted. We cannot ban something every time someone uses any tool, device, or weapon to commit a violent act.

Many do the same thing, but in vehicles, driving drunk. Or attacking with a bat, knife, pipe or iron skillet. Haven't seen any bans on skillets lately.

The 2003 Psychology book "Why We Hate" By Rush

They seem like pretty laid back guys to me:

Rush-band-1978.jpg

So, how do we know which person who carries a firearm openly is sane or sober?
How do those of you feel about Iran going nuclear? Is a preemtive strike warranted?
If I'm in a coffee shop with my wife or child, and someone walks in with a holstered firearm, do I have the right, or do I have a responsibility, to take preemtive action?
I report, you decide.
I've already decided to boycott Starbucks, they support the fringe element playing cowboy; Peet's on the other hand tossed the fool out and made it known that anyone with a weapon is not welcome, unless they are a uniformed officer.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the shooter at UAH wasn't some wild-eyed, long haired, rightwing, pickup drivin', ammo stockpilin', NRA member, US military veteran (read 'domestic terrorist' if your a liberal) hillbilly, fundamentalist redneck evangelical...like me.

It was a Harvard educated Doctor of Philosophy female University Professor Intellectual.
Which further proves you're not safe anywhere with anyone ever.

Last edited:
So, how do we know which person who carries a firearm openly is sane or sober?
How do those of you feel about Iran going nuclear? Is a preemtive strike warranted?
If I'm in a coffee shop with my wife or child, and someone walks in with a holstered firearm, do I have the right, or do I have a responsibility, to take preemtive action?
I report, you decide.
I've already decided to boycott Starbucks, they support the fringe element playing cowboy; Peet's on the other hand tossed the fool out and made it known that anyone with a weapon is not welcome, unless they are a uniformed officer.

In my right hand, I have an apple.
In my left, an urangutan.
Which is better?

In case that is too deep for the lefties.... carrying a firearm has no relevance on the nukes in Iran issue. Anyone who thinks there is a similarity is a fool.... or a liberal.... and very likely both.

Forum List

Back