Open Carry, a good idea?

If I'm in a coffee shop with my wife or child, and someone walks in with a holstered firearm, do I have the right, or do I have a responsibility, to take preemtive action?

Every action has a consequence. I imagine your wife and child won't particularly enjoy themselves at your funeral.

So, if I challenge an open carrying person, I can expect to be shot, and likely killed? Thanks for the best example of why you and your kind are so stupid.

You live in San Francisco. What are you worried about? California does not have an open carry policy. The state will protect you. There is no need for you to be afraid.

I live in an open carry state. I have yet to see anyone exercise this right.

Feb. 13, 2010

Huntsville, Alabama
A women opened fire in a biology faculty meeting at the U of Alabama campus on Friday, killing three people and injuring three others, two of them critically.

I hope that woman professor is charged with carrying a firearm illegally on campus. They should also revoke her Concealed Carry license if she has one. Jeez!

Open Carry, a good idea?

Do you know what one is??

You are not persuading me with these old lame arguments.

Do I know what one is? Well, I assume it's when a person goes out in public with an unloaded firearm displayed. It's a stupid thing to advocate or do, and obviously you're not bright enough to foresee the unintended consequences of such behavior.

Let's see...I posted 3 lines and you have played me in your little box. hmmmm, so that is overwhelming evidence for you to cast me as one of your suspicious characters. OK anything you say!!!

Sure, did you have a point to make? My "argument" was a question; and, therefore, not an argument. Your final comment ("old flame argument") struck me as stupid. If it was not, what was your intent (because if my inference you are not bright enough is wrong, I will apologize).

Feb. 13, 2010

Huntsville, Alabama
A women opened fire in a biology faculty meeting at the U of Alabama campus on Friday, killing three people and injuring three others, two of them critically.

I hope that woman professor is charged with carrying a firearm illegally on campus. They should also revoke her Concealed Carry license if she has one. Jeez!

At the end of this thread, I will point out the illogic of all those on the attack. In the mean time, I will enjoy such self righteous and ignorant posts such as yours.

Every action has a consequence. I imagine your wife and child won't particularly enjoy themselves at your funeral.

So, if I challenge an open carrying person, I can expect to be shot, and likely killed? Thanks for the best example of why you and your kind are so stupid.

You live in San Francisco. What are you worried about? California does not have an open carry policy. The state will protect you. There is no need for you to be afraid.

Wrong! Do a little research before you post. It is legal to openly carry a firearm (not concealed) in California, as long as it is not loaded and not within 1000 yards of a school; that does not make it smart to do so.

Last edited:
Feb. 13, 2010

Huntsville, Alabama

At the end of this thread, I will point out the illogic of all those on the attack. In the mean time, I will enjoy such self righteous and ignorant posts such as yours.

there's no doubt in my mind that self righteousness and ignorance are two of your favorite things and areas of expertise.

:eusa_whistle:

Wrong! Do a little research before you post. It is legal to openly carry a firearm (not concealed) in California, as long as it is not loaded and not within 1000 yards of a school; that does not make it smart to do so.

Hell with a law like that I couldn't take a gun out of the house. And an unloaded weapon is a great way to get yourself killed.

Hell with a law like that I couldn't take a gun out of the house. And an unloaded weapon is a great way to get yourself killed.

Amazing, we agree 100%.

Actually, this I knew, having lived in California for more than thirty years and being a gun owner. I chose to ignore this aspect of the law in my post for the simple reason that it is moronic to carry an unloaded gun. Unless you intend to throw it at a bad guy. Regardless of the technicalities my point still stands, you still have nothing to worry about in California, the state will take care of you.

there's no doubt in my mind that self righteousness and ignorance are two of your favorite things and areas of expertise.

"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong; The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong; The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

"It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it"
Steven Wright

Do I know what one is? Well, I assume it's when a person goes out in public with an unloaded firearm displayed. It's a stupid thing to advocate or do, and obviously you're not bright enough to foresee the unintended consequences of such behavior.

Let's see...I posted 3 lines and you have played me in your little box. hmmmm, so that is overwhelming evidence for you to cast me as one of your suspicious characters. OK anything you say!!!

Sure, did you have a point to make? My "argument" was a question; and, therefore, not an argument. Your final comment ("old flame argument") struck me as stupid. If it was not, what was your intent (because if my inference you are not bright enough is wrong, I will apologize).

Sure. my point is that it is very old to take 2 individual cases and attempt to extrapolate nutcases as cause to interfere with the Constitutional rights of the ordinary American citizen. Old news buddy..

Last edited:

You asked if you had the right to take preemptive action, implying aggression, so yes, you could probably expect to be shot. That would be your stupidity, not mine.

You asked if you had the right to take preemptive action, implying aggression, so yes, you could probably expect to be shot. That would be your stupidity, not mine.

You infered aggression, I stated preemtive action. Your inference aside, my initial reaction would be to contact the manager (in the example) and express my concern for the safety of my family, myself and others in the establishment. If the manager did nothing, I would contact the police, identify myself as retired law enforcement, and ask that an officer be dispatched to verity the weapon was not loaded.
If all was fine I would leave, and follow up with a letter to the owner of the business, and the owner of the property of my concern, and thereby give legal notice to the owner(s) of their policy which placed customers at risk.
So, is Isreal or the US justified in a preemtive attack on Iran?

Last edited:

You infered aggression, I stated preemtive action. Your inference aside, my initial reaction would be to contact the manager (in the example) and express my concern for the safety of my family, myself and others in the establishment. If the manager did nothing, I would contact the police, identify myself as retired law enforcement, and ask that an officer be dispatched to verity the weapon was not loaded.
If all was fine I would leave, and follow up with a letter to the owner of the business, and the owner of the property of my concern, and thereby give legal notice to the owner(s) of their policy which placed customers at risk.

How many rounds could be fired off while you are doing all that?

thats the kinda of laws this state has....and the ones who sponsored it and voted on it....really think they are doing what is right....and smart....

Actually, this I knew, having lived in California for more than thirty years and being a gun owner. I chose to ignore this aspect of the law in my post for the simple reason that it is moronic to carry an unloaded gun. Unless you intend to throw it at a bad guy. Regardless of the technicalities my point still stands, you still have nothing to worry about in California, the state will take care of you.

thats what the bad guys used to do after emptying their weapons on Superman....

Do the rest of the country a favor and please stay in California. We have enough "busy bodies" spread around the country without having the California tainted types interfere with or complain about the legal rights of both private citizens and business owners everywhere else.

How many rounds could be fired off while you are doing all that?

Thanks for making the point.

Forum List

Back