Open Carry, a good idea?

Open Carry, a good idea?

Bad idea...unless you are trained specifically to do so.

Barmaid_beer_1110644c.jpg

Midcan, your statistics are 10 years old.

In 2000 Clinton had been president the preceding 8 years, the Assault weapon and High capacity magazine ban had been in effect since 1994 (six years) and waiting periods on handgun purchases were the order of the day.

To cut Clinton some slack, your stats are gun fatalities, not firearm homicides...a favorite trick for gun banners.

Likely two thirds of your total fatalities are suicides, and while tragic...a person who wants to kill themselves are going to kill themselves, as proven by Canada and Japan where handguns are rare yet suicides are higher than the US.

and take gang banging shootings out of there and it drops even more.....a lot more....

Harry, you're full of bull shit. I'm beginning to believe your as stupid as Crusaderfrank.

it doesnt drop?.....and i am stupid?.....so far Wry you claim to be a Republican....and got shot down by other Republicans....you claim to be in or was in law enforcement in another thread and your posts there were pretty weak for a "lawman", like they are here.....and now you are saying if you take away the shootings between Gangs the gun violence stats dont drop......keep posting Wry.....like your other phony buddy Jake....each post you make will reveal more and more of who and what you really are....

and take gang banging shootings out of there and it drops even more.....a lot more....

Harry, you're full of bull shit. I'm beginning to believe your as stupid as Crusaderfrank.

it doesnt drop?.....and i am stupid?.....so far Wry you claim to be a Republican....and got shot down by other Republicans....you claim to be in or was in law enforcement in another thread and your posts there were pretty weak for a "lawman", like they are here.....and now you are saying if you take away the shootings between Gangs the gun violence stats dont drop......keep posting Wry.....like your other phony buddy Jake....each post you make will reveal more and more of who and what you really are....

Harry, I am not now, never have been and never claimed to be a Republican. I believe labor is noble, and capital necessary but inherently evil. I spent 32 years as a deputy, supervisor and manager in two different law enforcement agencies - because I have that experience I have a different persepctive on violence and guns than do you, and a greater understanding of the systemic problems in the criminal justice system here in America.
You, and other 'conservatives' make a priori judgements and label those who question your conclusions (or find them absurd) as anti-American, libtards and worsen - but never provide clear, factual and historically honest examples of your conclusions based on cause and effect.
Calling you or suggesting you're stupid is wrong. But I do believe you are willfully ignorant. You rely, it seems, on your emotions and make judgements without a careful examination of the evidence.

Harry, I am not now, never have been and never claimed to be a Republican. I believe labor is noble, and capital necessary but inherently evil. I spent 32 years as a deputy, supervisor and manager in two different law enforcement agencies - because I have that experience I have a different persepctive on violence and guns than do you, and a greater understanding of the systemic problems in the criminal justice system here in America.
You, and other 'conservatives' make a priori judgements and label those who question your conclusions (or find them absurd) as anti-American, libtards and worsen - but never provide clear, factual and historically honest examples of your conclusions based on cause and effect.
Calling you or suggesting you're stupid is wrong. But I do believe you are willfully ignorant. You rely, it seems, on your emotions and make judgements without a careful examination of the evidence.

You would be WRONG as usual. The FACTS REMAIN. MORE States have open carry and concealed carry laws now then ever before and crime is GOING DOWN. People like you were INSISTING loudly and with the support of the left leaning press we were headed for Dodge city shoot outs in the streets.

NONE of it has happened, in fact the OPPOSITE happened. Crime DECREASED. No shoot outs between open carry people in the streets, no surde of shootings from concealed carry people either. Instead CRIME WENT DOWN.

ok lets take it from here....i have never claimed to be a republican...i have defended the right,but i also have called them idiots....and the only gun issue i have out of this thread is if Gang gun violence just disappeared over night,are you going to tell me that the gun violence stats would not improve dramatically for the good?.....and i dont see how emotions figure in there......and i dont see where i have ever called ANYONE in these threads ant-american....except Yukon....and lets face it...he is.....

You would be WRONG as usual. The FACTS REMAIN. MORE States have open carry and concealed carry laws now then ever before and crime is GOING DOWN. People like you were INSISTING loudly and with the support of the left leaning press we were headed for Dodge city shoot outs in the streets.

NONE of it has happened, in fact the OPPOSITE happened. Crime DECREASED. No shoot outs between open carry people in the streets, no surde of shootings from concealed carry people either. Instead CRIME WENT DOWN.

"People like you", sure, people like me. Yet people like you make claims, loudly ("CRIME WENT DOWN") as if you have evidence that open carry reduced crime. You say so, but provide no evidence.
I know, you think I'm arrogant because I think you're stupid. I can't help that, there's even a name for your stupidity, it's called a "hasty genrealization" or jumping to conclusions. I believe your stupid because you support open carry, and, I understrand why - you're a chicken shit, and not too bright.
First of all carrying an unloaded weapon is stupid, even dull normals understand why (do I need to explian why?).
Second, by supporting open carry you accept as obvious anyone carrying openly is sane and sober, and in fact has and unloaded weapon on their hip (dumb, maybe fatal, conclusion).
Third, IF you are a combat vet, you know that even those well trained can panic and discharge their weapon inappropriately, and the consequencies are tagic for all involved.

"People like you", sure, people like me. Yet people like you make claims, loudly ("CRIME WENT DOWN") as if you have evidence that open carry reduced crime. You say so, but provide no evidence.
I know, you think I'm arrogant because I think you're stupid. I can't help that, there's even a name for your stupidity, it's called a "hasty genrealization" or jumping to conclusions. I believe your stupid because you support open carry, and, I understrand why - you're a chicken shit, and not too bright.
First of all carrying an unloaded weapon is stupid, even dull normals understand why (do I need to explian why?).
Second, by supporting open carry you accept as obvious anyone carrying openly is sane and sober, and in fact has and unloaded weapon on their hip (dumb, maybe fatal, conclusion).
Third, IF you are a combat vet, you know that even those well trained can panic and discharge their weapon inappropriately, and the consequencies are tagic for all involved.

Lesson 1 : There is no such thing as an unloaded weapon.

Well, in most combat situations, shooting with a pistol will be more effective than throwing it, unless it is a P1 Pistol, in which case throwing and shooting will have roughly the same effect. One can also use unloaded Pistols to Bludgeon other people, but again, that would be a waste of efficiency.
I mean, if someone goes after you despite you openly carryieng a weapon, and discovers your weapon is not loaded, his suprise will be positive. If however, he goes after you despite you openly carrying a knife, and then discovers that the knife is ballistic, his suprise may be terminal.

An armed society is a polite society.

Just sayin'.

I am required to take a yearly qualifying test for my concealed license as a licensed private investigator.
The public should have to do the same for any carry.
Just last year a man was at the Hardees here getting a biscuit. He had a weapon in his pocket. While reaching for his $, he discharged the automatic weapon.
The overwhelming majority of Americans have no business carrying a weapon, much less using it.
The reason ALL law enforcement is against open carry is a no brainer. They are left to pick up the mess.

I am required to take a yearly qualifying test for my concealed license as a licensed private investigator.
The public should have to do the same for any carry.
Just last year a man was at the Hardees here getting a biscuit. He had a weapon in his pocket. While reaching for his $, he discharged the automatic weapon.
The overwhelming majority of Americans have no business carrying a weapon, much less using it.
The reason ALL law enforcement is against open carry is a no brainer. They are left to pick up the mess.

I normally don't carry if i am going into a business. Mostly if i am out for my exercise.

Feb. 13, 2010

Huntsville, Alabama
A women opened fire in a biology faculty meeting at the U of Alabama campus on Friday, killing three people and injuring three others, two of them critically.

Des Moines, Iowa
A 12 year old boy was charged Friday with murder and other counts in a shooting that killed his stepfather and wounded a five year old girl.

Open carry of unloaded guns is a stupid Idea, loaded gun perfectly acceptable.

Feb. 13, 2010

Huntsville, Alabama
A women opened fire in a biology faculty meeting at the U of Alabama campus on Friday, killing three people and injuring three others, two of them critically.

Des Moines, Iowa
A 12 year old boy was charged Friday with murder and other counts in a shooting that killed his stepfather and wounded a five year old girl.

Open carry of unloaded guns is a stupid Idea, loaded gun perfectly acceptable.

Any carry of an unloaded weapon is pure stupidity. An unloaded weapon does nothing but make you a target. Besides, there is no such thing as an unloaded weapon.

It appears that the pendulum is swinging too far in the other direction. It swung too far left over the past few decades........and now it's swinging too far right.

I think states should have the ability to regulate firearms, since the militia (as mentioned in the 2nd amendment) is a state regulated body. I don't think any state should have the right to out right ban firearms. But I don't think that open carry in a bar (especially in a bar), church, or on college campuses is particularly a good idea. It's been proven time and time again, that alcohol and guns don't mix.

It appears that the pendulum is swinging too far in the other direction. It swung too far left over the past few decades........and now it's swinging too far right.

I think states should have the ability to regulate firearms, since the militia (as mentioned in the 2nd amendment) is a state regulated body. I don't think any state should have the right to out right ban firearms. But I don't think that open carry in a bar (especially in a bar), church, or on college campuses is particularly a good idea. It's been proven time and time again, that alcohol and guns don't mix.

It seems to me the the new RW's fall back position is, if you don't like it here, go away. So, if Chicago or San Francisco voters approve gun control measures, and the RW cowboys want to parade around with their guns, let them go somewhere else.

Forum List

Back