Only in New York

Do you understand that standing water does not equal mosquito? California has huge tracts of standing water, they put guppies in it to eat the mosquitoes. That makes the Democrats in California smarter than the Republican mayor of New York city, who you are defending.

Bloomberg is an independent.

My point still stands, Franco is defending a Republican. I am hoping his head explodes when he realizes what he has done.

Do you understand that standing water does not equal mosquito? California has huge tracts of standing water, they put guppies in it to eat the mosquitoes. That makes the Democrats in California smarter than the Republican mayor of New York city, who you are defending.

Bloomberg is an independent.

My point still stands, Franco is defending a Republican. I am hoping his head explodes when he realizes what he has done.

:lol:

This kind of big government nonsense happens in a lot of states...

For instance Utah - one of our country's most Republican, conservative states - has made it illegal for Utah residents to collect rainwater in rain barrels (for purposes of watering, ect). So in other words, Utah's state government OWNS the rainwater, no matter who's property it happens to fall on.

Only in Utah, right?....

Collecting rainwater now illegal in many states as Big Government claims ownership over our water

Last edited:
In Texas.........

It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.

The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home

A city ordinance states that a person cannot go barefoot without first obtaining a special five-dollar permit

It is illegal to milk another person's cow

It is illegal to dust any public building with a feather duster

It is illegal to sell Limburger cheese on Sunday

It is illegal for children to have unusual haircuts

Obnoxious odors may not be emitted while in an elevator

It is illegal to urinate on the Alamo

You can ride your horse in the saloon

Owners of horses may not ride them at night without tail lights

Dumb Texas Laws

FYI.......Every state has some weird assed laws.....

Every state still has some old, absurd blue laws on the books. The difference is those are no longer enforced. That is not the case with the OP's story, so I'm not entirely sure what point you were trying to make.

Ya know I just ran into the absurd--not once, but twice--from leftists on this board, both of whom went off on loony tangents in pms and even subtracted rep from me for simply expressing an opinion contrary to their own, which is something leftists do around here, apparently. Initially, it appears to me that all DaGoose was doing was highlighting the absurd, not making a literal, absolute comparison. Just adding some color to the thread.

Now his wondering off into gay land is a distraction to be sure, and I certainly don't agree with his politics, but Rabbi's calling him a dumbass with regard to the initial post is uncalled for.

Franco points out that the matter goes to the well-known heath hazards associated with standing water, but to bar birdbaths outright, rather than simply require sensible, basic maintenance, is boorishly heavy-handed, as it treats responsible citizens with contempt.

I have a birdbath in both my yards--front and back. They are rigged with fresh-water-replacement devices.

But, of course, anyone who disagrees with Franco must be a "selfish, oblivious, careless Pub dupe".

The civlity on this thread, over friggin' birdbaths, no less, is overwhelming.

Well, with Rabbi most of us are used to it and simply ignore his petty little outbursts.

For instance Utah - one of our country's most Republican, conservative states - has made it illegal for Utah residents to collect rainwater in rain barrels (for purposes of watering, ect). So in other words, Utah's state government OWNS the rainwater, no matter who's property it happens to fall on.

Only in Utah, right?....

Collecting rainwater now illegal in many states as Big Government claims ownership over our water

El Paso, TX taxes you based on the amount of rainwater runoff on your property even if you collect it.

Only in Utah, right?....

El Paso, TX taxes you based on the amount of rainwater runoff on your property even if you collect it.

It's pretty crazy, and doesn't even make sense.

If citizens are collecting water, and using it on their own property, isn't that going to ease the amount of demand on the system? How is it more efficient for the government to (1) collect it, (2) purify it unnecessarily (because it will be used on plants) and then (3) ship it all the way back to the end-user?

In Texas.........

The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home

A city ordinance states that a person cannot go barefoot without first obtaining a special five-dollar permit

Dumb Texas Laws

you, um.. DO realize those are not real Texas laws... right? I mean, your source website should clue you in on that...ahajokes.com

In Texas.........

Dumb Texas Laws

you, um.. DO realize those are not real Texas laws... right? I mean, your source website should clue you in on that...ahajokes.com

I'm pretty sure those are real laws.

The "joke" is that they're real, that's why it's "funny".

In Texas.........

Dumb Texas Laws

OMG.... This poor chap needs medication or something.

Forum List

Back