Only Great Minds Can Read This...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! If you can raed this forwrad it

Only complete idiots think it takes a great mind to read that. Everyone can read it, dolt. LOL!

Only complete idiots think it takes a great mind to read that. Everyone can read it, dolt. LOL!

No, they can't, ya filthy shit stain. Now go ruin someone else's thread ya two bit pud licker.

Last edited:
Actually, it is a marvel of the human mind that we can do this.

And the fun thing is, it makes a lot more sense than anything several people here type up.

Amazing the way the mind processes stuff.

No, they can't, ya filthy shit stain. Now go ruin someone else's thread ya two bit pud licker.

HAHA!!!

Yes, they can. Everyone can read it.

Sorry, dick lips, no, they can't. Ever hear of dyslexia? No, you probably don't know about that either, ya ignorant, nipple headed, obama ass kisser. There's proof right there you're a fuckin' idiot.

And the fun thing is, it makes a lot more sense than anything several people here type up.

Yes it is, regardless of the drivel coming from the peanut gallery.

HAHA!!!

Sorry, dick lips, no, they can't. Ever hear of dyslexia? No, you probably don't know about that either, ya ignorant, nipple headed, obama ass kisser. There's proof right there you're a fuckin' idiot.

Oh I get it, so you're saying if someone has dyslexia, then they don't have a great mind.

But everyone else in the world, besides dyslexics do have a great mind?

You're a fucking retard.

LOL!!!!!!

:clap2:

Um no, he said only great minds can read it.

You've got it all wrong.

Um no, he said only great minds can read it.

You've got it all wrong.
So, it's not a marvel of the human mind that we can do this? And it's not amazing the way the mind processes stuff?

(Not everything at USMB is partisan, Sam. Give it a rest every once in a while and you might enjoy a few folks here.)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
The point here is that the mind is a terrific organ for cognitive processing, if only we will use it. For a lot of people it is like a tremendous treasure buried and useless in the attic.

• Thanks
HAHA!!!

Oh I get it, so you're saying if someone has dyslexia, then they don't have a great mind.

But everyone else in the world, besides dyslexics do have a great mind?

You're a fucking retard.

LOL!!!!!!

:clap2:

The only retard here, pal, is you! Now put your head back up your fart stack where it belongs!

• Thanks
"Fart Stack???"

ROFLMAO!!!

ROFL-1.gif

Last edited:
Think the context of the sentence has a lot to do with it too. When I am reading real fast I don't read every word but my mind grasps the intent of the whole sentence. Part of that has to do with understanding the language and all the reading I have done in my life. Now reading Spanish is different because I do not have all the years of experience with it

Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! If you can raed this forwrad it

Can you read this? Only 55 people out of 100 can.

I couldn't believe that I could actually understand what I was reading. The phenomenal power of the human mind, according to a researcher at Cambridge University, it doesn't matter in what order the letters in a word are, the only important thing is that the first and last letter be in the right place. The rest can be a total mess and you can still read it without a problem. This is because the human mind does not read every letter by itself, but the word as a whole. Amazing huh? Yeah and I always thought spelling was important! If you can read this forward it.

Actually, I've heard that hearing works like this too. We actually hear a lot less of the spoken word than we think. Our brains are more than capable of filling in the rest.

I could read it, but I also teach for a living. I've seen much much much worse.

I can read it, but am cautious regarding Whole Word theories.

Replacing standard phonics with Whole Word has made children less literate.

Forum List

Back