Only 8 of 52 Tea Party causus members voted against extending the Patriot act?

Ohh wow did not take them long to neoconize did it?

I am sure that Beck will be calling them out on it on his show.

Nothing about the Patriot act is a problem and the 3 specific items those 8 voted against are rather important. Once again 277 Dem, Republicans voted yes. This will pass easily.

Standing up for individual rights is being a neocon? Thanks for letting me know that, I thought that neocons voted for the PATRIOT Act.

Standing up for individual rights is being a neocon? Thanks for letting me know that, I thought that neocons voted for the PATRIOT Act.

Yes as did the vast majority of the new Tea Party caucus.
Why I said it did not take them long to neoconize.

Yes as did the vast majority of the new Tea Party caucus.
Why I said it did not take them long to neoconize.

i thought only 8 of the tea people voted for it.

Last edited:
here is the list of the ONLY republicans voting against the extension. I am not familiar with Tea Party members anyone else know if they are or not? I actually hope they are.

Republicans voting against the bill were Reps. Justin Amash (Mich.), Roscoe Bartlett (Md.), Rob Bishop (Utah), Paul Broun (Ga.), John Campbell (Calif.), John Duncan (Tenn.), Mike Fitzpatrick (Pa.), Chris Gibson (N.Y.), Tom Graves (Ga.), Dean Heller (Nev.), Randy Hultgren (Ill.), Tim Johnson (Ill.), Walter Jones (N.C.), Jack Kingston (Ga.), Raul Labrador (Idaho), Connie Mack (Fla.), Kenny Marchant (Texas), Tom McClintock (Calif.), Ron Paul (Texas), Denny Rehberg (Mont.), Phil Roe (Tenn.), Dana Rohrabacher (Calif.), Bobby Schilling (Ill.), David Schweikert (Ariz.), Rob Woodall (Ga.), and Don Young (Alaska).

Sheldon posted this.
House TP Caucus:

Robert Aderholt (AL-4)
Todd Akin (MO-2)
Rodney Alexander (LA-5)
Michele Bachmann (MN-6)
Joe Barton (TX-6)
Roscoe Bartlett (MD-6)
Gus Bilirakis (FL-9)
Rob Bishop (UT-1)
Michael Burgess (TX-26)
Paul Broun (GA-10)
Dan Burton (IN-5)
John Carter (TX-31)
Howard Coble (NC-6)
Mike Coffman (CO-6)
Ander Crenshaw (FL-4)
John Culberson (TX-7)
John Fleming (LA-4)
Trent Franks (AZ-2)
Phil Gingrey (GA-11)
Louie Gohmert (TX-1)
Tom Graves (GA-9)
Ralph Hall (TX-4)
Gregg Harper (MS-3)
Wally Herger (CA-2)
Pete Hoekstra (MI-2)
Lynn Jenkins (KS-2)
Steve King (IA-5)
Doug Lamborn (CO-5)
Blaine Luetkemeyer (MO-9)
Cynthia Lummis (WY)
Kenny Marchant (TX-24)
Tom McClintock (CA-4)
Gary Miller (CA-42)
Jerry Moran (KS-1)
Sue Myrick (NC-9)
Randy Neugebauer (TX-19)
Mike Pence (IN-6)
Ted Poe (TX-2)
Tom Price (GA-6)
Denny Rehberg (MT)
Phil Roe (TN-1)
Ed Royce (CA-40)
Steve Scalise (LA-1)
Pete Sessions (TX-32)
John Shadegg (AZ-3)
Adrian Smith (NE-3)
Lamar Smith (TX-21)
Cliff Stearns (FL-6)
Todd Tiahrt (KS-4)
Zach Wamp (TN-3)
Lynn Westmoreland (GA-3)
Joe Wilson (SC-2)

Bold are the ones who voted against the extension
(sorry I lost the bolding in the copy)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
see posts 16 and 17 in this thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/154419-house-fails-to-extend-patriot-act-surveillance-as-republicans-defect-2.html

Last edited:
uh, you know the members of the tea party caucus are not all tea party supporters
many were already in congress before this past election

8 of 42? me Kukunich to foil the Patriot act extension. The rest have been neoconized, umm well they always were neocons. some just believed their lies.

It kills me y'all are knocking the Tea Party after the Democrats passed it when they controlled everything.

Feel free to give them credit for breaking from their party and voting it down after the Dems and Obama failed to.

I won't hold my breath.

It kills me y'all are knocking the Tea Party after the Democrats passed it when they controlled everything.

Feel free to give them credit for breaking from their party and voting it down after the Dems and Obama failed to.

I won't hold my breath.

The dems did not controll everything when the origional Patriot Act was passed..

The Repubs did :D

Go fish.

Forum List

Back