Only 8 of 52 Tea Party causus members voted against extending the Patriot act?

He was a registered Republican until 2001, and while he certainly sided in voting with Democrats more than he did with the Republicans-I wont dispute this-he didn't vote exclusively Democrat. Therefore I don't think it's accurate to say that the Democrats controlled the Senate.
he left from the GOP and sided with the dems, giving the dem a controlling majority
if you dont think so, how do you think Daschle became Majority leader of the Senate

btw, last i knew, 50-49-1 gives one a majority

Majority-not control.
then why was Daschle senate MAJORITY LEADER

and all committee chairs went to dems

Last edited:
he left from the GOP and sided with the dems, giving the dem a controlling majority
if you dont think so, how do you think Daschle became Majority leader of the Senate

btw, last i knew, 50-49-1 gives one a majority

Majority-not control.
then why was Daschle senate MAJORITY LEADER

and all committee chairs went to dems

This entire line of debate is meaningless anyway because this was in no way a partisan bill. The original bill was supported by the entire senate with one nay vote total. ONE.... There was no party division. Who was in 'control' is entirely pointless as there was zero opposition. In the house there was almost nothing there as well as 70% of the democrats voted yea as well. Simply put, there was brad support all around for the original bill. Even during the first renewal there was little change in the senate. The house democrats flipped but that was it. Overall, this bill has always enjoyed bipartisan support. I had hoped the republican would have woke up and realized that the bill needs to be trashed or at least seriously reworked but alas, government does not like to relinquish power that it has managed to wrest from the people.

Ohh wow did not take them long to neoconize did it?

I am sure that Beck will be calling them out on it on his show.

Standing up for individual rights is being a neocon? Thanks for letting me know that, I thought that neocons voted for the PATRIOT Act.

If you believe that's what Beck does, then you're wackier than he is. Beck is all about his bottom line. He doesn't care what he has to do to make money as long as he makes money.

Forum List

Back