Online Q & A with Julian Assange

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
The Guardian/UK will direct any Wiki-related questions to Julian and post selected responses "as we receive them."

One sample question:

"people1st: Tom Flanagan, a senior adviser to Canadian Prime Minister recently stated 'I think Assange should be assassinated ... I think Obama should put out a contract ... I wouldn't feel unhappy if Assange does disappear.' How do you feel about this?

Julian Assange: It is correct that Mr. Flanagan and the others seriously making these statements should be charged with incitement to commit murder."

Julian Assange Answers

"distrot: The State Dept is mulling over the issue of whether you are a journalist or not. Are you a journalist? As far as delivering information that someone [anyone] does not want seen is concerned, does it matter if you are a 'journalist' or not?

Julian Assange: I coauthored my first nonfiction book by the time I was 25.

"I have been involved in nonfiction documentaries, newspapers, TV and internet since that time.

"However, it is not necessary to debate whether I am a journalist, or how our people mysteriously are alleged to cease to be journalists when they start writing for our organisaiton.

"Although I still write, research and investigate my role is primarily that of a publisher and editor-in-chief who organises and directs other journalists.

Julian Assange Answers

Forum List

Back