Online Q & A with Julian Assange

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by georgephillip, Dec 3, 2010.

1. georgephillip

georgephillip Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,039
    The Guardian/UK will direct any Wiki-related questions to Julian and post selected responses "as we receive them."

One sample question:

"people1st: Tom Flanagan, a senior adviser to Canadian Prime Minister recently stated 'I think Assange should be assassinated ... I think Obama should put out a contract ... I wouldn't feel unhappy if Assange does disappear.' How do you feel about this?

Julian Assange: It is correct that Mr. Flanagan and the others seriously making these statements should be charged with incitement to commit murder."

Julian Assange Answers

2. georgephillip

georgephillip Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,039
    "distrot: The State Dept is mulling over the issue of whether you are a journalist or not. Are you a journalist? As far as delivering information that someone [anyone] does not want seen is concerned, does it matter if you are a 'journalist' or not?

Julian Assange: I coauthored my first nonfiction book by the time I was 25.

"I have been involved in nonfiction documentaries, newspapers, TV and internet since that time.

"However, it is not necessary to debate whether I am a journalist, or how our people mysteriously are alleged to cease to be journalists when they start writing for our organisaiton.

"Although I still write, research and investigate my role is primarily that of a publisher and editor-in-chief who organises and directs other journalists.

Julian Assange Answers