Online Purchases Soon To Be Taxed Nationwide...

So, if the taxes collected on my non-taxable item are apportioned back to my state, how do I go about getting my money back?...A tax refund, maybe?

Speaking of having no fucking clue...:lol:
How do you know there are taxes collected on non taxable items? Clueless.

If a person residing in New Jersey which does not tax purchases of clothing, shoes and other necessities, shops on line and is taxed on the purchase by the retailer, he is asking how does that NJ resident go about getting back the taxes paid on the purchase.

How do you know that is what will happen? Perhaps the retailer has NJ coded as a non tax state with regard to those items and doesnt charge tax?
No one knows that kind of tax will be instituted. It is merely guessing at this point.

Here's the deal...Slapping taxes to on line purchases will not increase revenue. People will simply not buy as much.
This is merely a political move to placate the Brick and Mortar retail sales lobby.
It's a money grab. That's all.
The way I see it is most people shop regularly throughout the year are impulse buyers.
As with any retailer, Amazon et al do most of their business from October through the week before Christmas. If people know they have to pay taxes on purchases, they will go to the retailer. On line sales companies will get killed. And THAT is the goal here.
Brick and Mortar retailers don't want the competition.
Anyone who favors this money grab is buying into the scam.
Online sales companies have advantages over brick and mortar in selection and pricing. B&M have advantages in service and time. It is up to the customer to decide which is more valuable for that particular purchase.
But it is not up to the customer to decide he can cheat the state out of sales tax that he legimiately owes by not buying from the local store. That gives an unfair advantage to the online retailer.
IMO is it the states cheating the consumer.
I despise sales taxes. It's double dipping. I have already paid taxes on that money when I earned it.....We allow government to boot us in the ass and we are too chicken shit to even say OWWW....

I hadn't thought of it that way, but it's true. You pay the state (and feds) income tax on the money you make, and then they tax whatever is left with a sales tax when you make a purchase. And don't the Feds already levy a hefty tax on gasoline and other petroleum products, ostensibly to pay for roads, bridges, etc?

Good to see you agree that the Affordable Care Act is a good law.

You just said that you don't cheat on taxes. That means you, like all honest people, pay all their taxes, including the tax on the MP3s you buy from iTunes.

I don't buy Mp3's from ITunes.

If I did I would include it with my total out of state purchases for use in Louisiana on my tax form.

Again, you argue that honest people pay taxes, but you still want to make businesses in Nevada responsible for tax cheats in California. That makes as much sense as you trying to tell me Einstein didn't make up the cosmological constant because his equations had the universe collapsing to a point long before he was born.

Just LEAVE THE FUCKING INTERNET ALONE, PERIOD!

It works, it's fine, and the LAST thing it needs is GOVERNMENT to get THEIR FILTHY, GREEDY FINGERS on it.

Government should keep their hands off our interstates and medicare,too!

Oh stop it....with every one of these tax discussions one of you flaming libs brings up roads...
Cut the shit. Infrastructure is an essential form of both federal and state government.

He thinks people buy gas from Amazon to avoid paying taxes on it. Even if Amazon sold gas, which they don't, people would still pay the gas tax that supports building intestate highways and bridges, and even bike paths.

No one ever planned for the internet to be a tax free haven forever, the question came up first thing when the commercial net was getting started and it was decided that to encourage the growth of this new sector that they would hold off a while. I think things are pretty well established by now.

The issue came up well before the internet. It came up with interstate catalog sales. The Supremes said that a state can't force another state, or a business in another state, to collect taxes for them. The idea of the Feds collecting a uniform sales tax for distribution back to the states has been floated around for many years. The companies with brick and mortar in many states, that do online sales, like Walmart, Lowes, etc., like the idea of a single collection system. It'll save them money.

Last edited:

It works, it's fine, and the LAST thing it needs is GOVERNMENT to get THEIR FILTHY, GREEDY FINGERS on it.

Government should keep their hands off our interstates and medicare,too!

Oh stop it....with every one of these tax discussions one of you flaming libs brings up roads...
Cut the shit. Infrastructure is an essential form of both federal and state government.

Yeah, except the difference is that right winged morons realize that the government helped create the roads.

Last edited:
You just said that you don't cheat on taxes. That means you, like all honest people, pay all their taxes, including the tax on the MP3s you buy from iTunes.

If I did I would include it with my total out of state purchases for use in Louisiana on my tax form.

Oh yes...We believe you....

would you like to see my la tax return? You shouldn't presume that simply because you are of the character to cheat your fellow citizens that everyone else is.

The above statement reflects ignorance to the highest.

The internet was created by the military, NASA, and the Department of Energy, the NSF, and other government agencies.

You fearists are fucking MORANS (sic).

Last edited:

Again, you argue that honest people pay taxes, but you still want to make businesses in Nevada responsible for tax cheats in California.

Nope.

That makes as much sense as you trying to tell me Einstein didn't make up the cosmological constant because his equations had the universe collapsing to a point long before he was born.
I didn't tell you that.

Online sales companies have advantages over brick and mortar in selection and pricing. B&M have advantages in service and time. It is up to the customer to decide which is more valuable for that particular purchase.
But it is not up to the customer to decide he can cheat the state out of sales tax that he legimiately owes by not buying from the local store. That gives an unfair advantage to the online retailer.

It's double taxation. Either get rid of income tax or stop imposing sales taxes. On-line sales hardly touch the infrastructure that the brick & mortar retailer does.

Brick & Mortar retailers need the state & local government to provide police security, planning & zoning committees, fire protection, ambulance service, handicap access sidewalks, water, sewer, gas, electric, storm water control, environmental, trucking roads, loading zones, construction, TIFF subsidies, landscaping, streets, lighting, traffic control, interchange, armored car & B&M Bank service.

Last edited:

It's double taxation. Either get rid of income tax or stop imposing sales taxes. On-line sales hardly touch the infrastructure that the brick & mortar retailer does.

Brick & Mortar retailers need the state & local government to provide police security, planning & zoning committees, fire protection, ambulance service, handicap access sidewalks, water, sewer, gas, electric, storm water control, environmental, trucking roads, loading zones, construction, TIFF subsidies, landscaping, streets, lighting, traffic control, interchange, armored car & B&M Bank service.

Everything is double taxation in that sense. SO what?
The issue is that the public is engaged in massive tax cheating against states and that needs to stop. Here's how to do it.

The issue is that the public is engaged in massive tax cheating against states and that needs to stop. Here's how to do it.

Don't enforce taxes on me until you make the rich pay the 35% tax they should be instead of cheating through UBS Swiss Banks, Nevada Corporations, Cayman Islands, Carried Interest & other BS tax loop-holes. The average person earning $5 million a year & up pays less than 17% taxes while the average family making $500K pays 28%. The $500K people create jobs here & the multi-million earners send jobs over seas.

Why was a tax break on Ethanol at the pump considered a subsidy but tax breaks for the rich not considered subsidizing the rich?

Last edited:
Boy, the number of Big Brother Bootlickers is amazing. What happened to these people? Maybe this can explain it a bit?...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okPnDZ1Txlo]SCHOOL SUCKS: The American Way - YouTube[/ame]

Don't enforce taxes on me until you make the rich pay the 35% tax they should be instead of cheating through UBS Swiss Banks, Nevada Corporations, Cayman Islands, Carried Interest & other BS tax loop-holes. The average person earning $5 million a year & up pays less than 17% taxes while the average family making $500K pays 28%. The $500K people create jobs here & the multi-million earners send jobs over seas.

Why was a tax break on Ethanol at the pump considered a subsidy but tax breaks for the rich not considered subsidizing the rich?

What does one have to do with the other? The rich are not cheating. They are taking advantage of legitimate provisions in the law. If you dont pay use tax on items you are likely cheating.

Boy, the number of Big Brother Bootlickers is amazing. What happened to these people? Maybe this can explain it a bit?...
What happened to obeying the law? You dont like sales taxes? Get them repealed.
It's true: the narco-libertarians have nothing, zip, to do with the founding father and are really anarchists, first cousins to Bolsheviks.

Forum List

Back