“One Year Old Baby Dies in Hot Car While The Mother Got Her Hair Done!”

I think it was a bad idea to make it a law to put kids in the backseat.
They need to be upfront so a parent can attend them better.
People do forget sometimes when stressed.
How many do you see with coffee cups or purses on top of the car.
But to forget the whole time while getting hair done?
I don't buy it.

the "getting the hair done" thing-----rankles me too.
===when in doubt-----wrap a damned kerchief around
your idiot head. HOWEVER-----she may have a demanding
job or an idiot husband of which she could not DIVEST herself --
ya nevah know------and even a few more kids at home. People CAN
be under untold stress

For 6 hours??

I’ve seen stories like this MUCH to often about children and Pets left in HOT cars for STUPID reasons. When actually there shouldn’t be ANY reason at all for this insane thing to happen!
This is the second story I have heard in two days. I am thinking that state's need to change the law to allow children to ride in the front seat. Most times the air bag can be disabled.

I can very easily see this happening. People forget and get preoccupied, isn't right but that is what happens.

For 6 hours??

I’ve seen stories like this MUCH to often about children and Pets left in HOT cars for STUPID reasons. When actually there shouldn’t be ANY reason at all for this insane thing to happen!
This is the second story I have heard in two days. I am thinking that state's need to change the law to allow children to ride in the front seat. Most times the air bag can be disabled.

I can very easily see this happening. People forget and get preoccupied, isn't right but that is what happens.
So your assessment is that the child was murdered? Is that what you really believe?

How could you forget your baby for 6 hours and then cover her up when asking someone to help start your car? And then go to hospital for herself, not her baby? No, this woman was more than negligent-

Police said they don’t believe Fowler intended to harm the child. She left the air conditioning running, but when she finally emerged the car had shut off, according to DeKalb police.

IN DEPTH: Mom charged with murder after baby dies in hot car in DeKalb

MORE: No bond for mom charged in baby’s DeKalb hot car death

The warrants suggest the case against Fowler was partly built by security camera footage.

Fowler had a hair appointment in the Northlake Tower Festival Shopping Center in the Tucker area at 10 a.m. Footage shows her enter at 10:06 a.m. and later emerge at 4 p.m., the warrants say.

Witnesses confirmed she never left the salon.

In the parking lot, Fowler couldn’t start the car and got a man at the hair dresser’s to assist.

The good Samaritan didn’t see the baby because, police believe, Fowler covered her up with clothes that were in the car or hid her in some other way.
“Between 4 and 4:54 (p.m.) she texted the child’s godfather that she was going to go to an urgent care for headaches,” a detective wrote. “(Fowler) also Googled about signs of seizures.”

She arrived at Emory at 4:54 p.m., soon dialing 911.

Police allege Fowler didn’t mention the child and instead said that she herself was “having a seizure of some kind.”

When officers arrived, Skylar was unresponsive in the back seat.

The medical examiner’s office believes she had been dead for “some period of time,” the detective wrote.

DeKalb cops: Baby died in hot car while mom got her hair done

Negligent homicide
For 6 hours??

So your assessment is that the child was murdered? Is that what you really believe?

they forget they have a child???
NO, they forgot the child was asleep in the back seat. The alternative would be they were just callus fools who let their child stay in an overheated car. I don't buy it, mistakes are made everyday and I will not make myself feel better because someone else made a tragic mistake.
has nothing to do with me. nothing at all. but i can't just go "oh well accidents happen" after leaving a child in the car to die.
Who is saying oh well? What you posted is murder, I am saying it would be manslaughter, big difference. Of all the threads I am the only one that suggested some sort of answer, that I saw. This is happening everyday, all these people are not committing a really late term abortion. They are just people who forget, who get pre-occupied, who do bad things without malice. It is a sad thing, really sad.
your attitude seems to be "oh well it happens...i can't get upset with the parents.

i disagree. they should be held 100% accountable and if other children - question whether they'll "forget" again.
Can it be both ways? Understand how it happened, condemning the parents without calling them murderers?

that is all I am saying. They made a grievous mistake, they were not out to kill their child. They made a mistake that I could easily see myself making, but when I had kids I was VERY careful not to make that mistake. I had to have reminders especially if the kids were sleeping.

I always got them out of the car no matter how short of time. It was a major PITA but I did it anyway because I didn't ever want to forget. These parents learned a hard lesson and will pay for the rest of their lives.

How could you forget your baby for 6 hours and then cover her up when asking someone to help start your car? And then go to hospital for herself, not her baby? No, this woman was more than negligent-

Police said they don’t believe Fowler intended to harm the child. She left the air conditioning running, but when she finally emerged the car had shut off, according to DeKalb police.

IN DEPTH: Mom charged with murder after baby dies in hot car in DeKalb

MORE: No bond for mom charged in baby’s DeKalb hot car death

The warrants suggest the case against Fowler was partly built by security camera footage.

Fowler had a hair appointment in the Northlake Tower Festival Shopping Center in the Tucker area at 10 a.m. Footage shows her enter at 10:06 a.m. and later emerge at 4 p.m., the warrants say.

Witnesses confirmed she never left the salon.

In the parking lot, Fowler couldn’t start the car and got a man at the hair dresser’s to assist.

The good Samaritan didn’t see the baby because, police believe, Fowler covered her up with clothes that were in the car or hid her in some other way.
“Between 4 and 4:54 (p.m.) she texted the child’s godfather that she was going to go to an urgent care for headaches,” a detective wrote. “(Fowler) also Googled about signs of seizures.”

She arrived at Emory at 4:54 p.m., soon dialing 911.

Police allege Fowler didn’t mention the child and instead said that she herself was “having a seizure of some kind.”

When officers arrived, Skylar was unresponsive in the back seat.

The medical examiner’s office believes she had been dead for “some period of time,” the detective wrote.

DeKalb cops: Baby died in hot car while mom got her hair done
Her trying to cover it up doesn't make it murder, but the punishment should be more sever.

six hours? !!!!!!!! air conditioning-----I would not trust an infant alone in an AIR CONDITIONED car for 20
minutes--------babies can COOL in that period of time ------I have a story but am reluctant to tell it----long ago
my hospital lost a baby-----back then the MRI machines had to be kept really cold-------nevah mind..............

they forget they have a child???
NO, they forgot the child was asleep in the back seat. The alternative would be they were just callus fools who let their child stay in an overheated car. I don't buy it, mistakes are made everyday and I will not make myself feel better because someone else made a tragic mistake.
has nothing to do with me. nothing at all. but i can't just go "oh well accidents happen" after leaving a child in the car to die.
Who is saying oh well? What you posted is murder, I am saying it would be manslaughter, big difference. Of all the threads I am the only one that suggested some sort of answer, that I saw. This is happening everyday, all these people are not committing a really late term abortion. They are just people who forget, who get pre-occupied, who do bad things without malice. It is a sad thing, really sad.
your attitude seems to be "oh well it happens...i can't get upset with the parents.

i disagree. they should be held 100% accountable and if other children - question whether they'll "forget" again.
Can it be both ways? Understand how it happened, condemning the parents without calling them murderers?

that is all I am saying. They made a grievous mistake, they were not out to kill their child. They made a mistake that I could easily see myself making, but when I had kids I was VERY careful not to make that mistake. I had to have reminders especially if the kids were sleeping.

I always got them out of the car no matter how short of time. It was a major PITA but I did it anyway because I didn't ever want to forget. These parents learned a hard lesson and will pay for the rest of their lives.
never called them murders - you keep doing that for me. i just think they're so very irresponsible and question their ability to parent. last year the number of deaths tripled. what the HELL is more important than your kids?

you sound like your priorities were in order - great. theirs should be also.

The solution is real easy: Keep the engine running with heating or air conditioning on while you are doing your business, if you need to leave a child or a pet in your vehicle for a short time.

Leave the vehicle locked with a second set of keys in your pocket.

The solution is real easy: Keep the engine running with heating or air conditioning on while you are doing your business, if you need to leave a child or a pet in your vehicle for a short time.

not a short time------I have a personal story------I was scheduled to "pick my child up" from school----
at 3 pm.
I had a dental appointment something like 11:30 AM----and went----HOURS PASSED ----I finally climbed
into the dentist chair-----the dentist clamped on the tooth destined for extraction----and the poor little
thing shattered. The dentist cursed----and moaned---"this belongs in the operating room"---(sheeesh)
It went on for another three hours-------after awhile I was sure that my kid was IN THE HANDS OF THE
STATE. -------I ran back at about 5 PM-------the people in the school office told me---
"he kept telling us ---'don't worry----my mom always finds me' " -------It was close-----in another venue at that
time I would have found myself arrested. Things happened----that lady miscalculated TIME-----probably the
PERM SOLUTION was defective and she was chained to the hair dryer

not a short time------I have a personal story------I was scheduled to "pick my child up" from school----
at 3 pm.
I had a dental appointment something like 11:30 AM----and went----HOURS PASSED ----I finally climbed
into the dentist chair-----the dentist clamped on the tooth destined for extraction----and the poor little
thing shattered. The dentist cursed----and moaned---"this belongs in the operating room"---(sheeesh)
It went on for another three hours-------after awhile I was sure that my kid was IN THE HANDS OF THE
STATE. -------I ran back at about 5 PM-------the people in the school office told me---
"he kept telling us ---'don't worry----my mom always finds me' " -------It was close-----in another venue at that
time I would have found myself arrested. Things happened----that lady miscalculated TIME-----probably the
PERM SOLUTION was defective and she was chained to the hair dryer

I never left any of my kids in my vehicle unattended for any length of time.

Presently I speak about leaving pets in vehicles.

Leave them comfortably with heat or air on and pay the fine for idling motor vehicle if you get caught.

BTW, do busybody government lackeys ticket your house when you leave it and leave the heat or the air on?

So here is her photo that evening after 6 hours in the salon

1500410604288.jpg

Mother charged weeks after child found dead in car at Emory Hospital parking deck
And she googled seizure symptoms after she found poor Skylar dead. Turns out she drove around for awhile too.

In Alaska you cannot leave a kido in a car for more than like checking the mail at your box; anything else is grounds for calling police/CPS. Kind of the same with dogs, though slightly less aggressively enforced in the summers. (Fun fact, in Alaska dogs are treated much like children, to include custody and visitation hearings during divorces.)

never called them murders - you keep doing that for me. i just think they're so very irresponsible and question their ability to parent. last year the number of deaths tripled. what the HELL is more important than your kids?

Yeah you kinda did call them murderers: "after leaving a child in the car to die." Your statement indicates premeditation.

Cars and engines fail.

Yeah you kinda did call them murderers: "after leaving a child in the car to die." Your statement indicates premeditation.
Oh get over yourself. Stop changing what I say to fit your views.

I can't imagine if she left her in the car with it running someone didn't have it checked out if a baby could be seen.

It's intentional...they are too lazy an cheap to find or pay for a babysitter.

When I was a kid my mother would leave me and my siblings in the car while she went into a store or something. Maybe not at one years old though. But not only were those different times, she had the common sense to roll a window down.
Did she leave you there for 6 hours?

Forum List

Back