One Term.. Obama..?

Obama will not be reelected. Obama is Jimmy Carter in an afro. And like Jimmy Carter he didn't even expect to get elected. Carter didn't get a second term; neither will Obama.

Not sure where you get the Idea Carter did not expect to get re-elected. He clearly wanted to be re-elected and was personally crushed when he lost.

Obama has lost the moderate position, he has history now, he was a leftist before the 2010 election but now it's obvious to all. I believe Democrats wont be able to move to the center unless Obama is thrown under the bus.

Just wait until after the mid terms. I predict Obama will attempt to remake himself into the Moderate fiscal conservative we were sold in the election.

He is incapable of that. He is so ideologically Left that he cannot compromise. To compromise is to treat with the enemy, in his mind.

That certainly is the impression he has been giving. But Nov could be a serious wake up call. The question will be whether he cares about Ideology or legacy more.

I know where I'd put my money....

Clinton owes his re-election to working with Republican majorities and the ensuing prosperity.

Has Obama showed any willingness to moderate or change?

Hell no.

Just wait until after the mid terms. I predict Obama will attempt to remake himself into the Moderate fiscal conservative we were sold in the election.

Does anyone else remember these initiatives:
1. going after off-shore tax evaders, such as Swiss bank accounts (this good idea got tamped down. Probably doesn't want to end up like the Wellstones)
2. Fixing Social Security solvency (this was a "layup")
3. Fixing Medicare solvency (this was a tougher problem)
4. Cleaning up Wall Street (gave this one a 1 in 1,000,000 probability)
5. Any other fiscal/financial campaign initiatives I missed?

My opinion ...Obama will be a one term President... in fact .. I don't think he'll make it past the primaries for 2012...
and there is a chance he may not even make it to the primaries, and President Biden will lose to Hillary.

Doubt it, but I had to entertain a happy thought.

My opinion ...Obama will be a one term President... in fact .. I don't think he'll make it past the primaries for 2012...
and there is a chance he may not even make it to the primaries, and President Biden will lose to Hillary.

Doubt it, but I had to entertain a happy thought.

Yes.. happy thoughts...:lol:

[...]No, Obama is an idiot.
"Obama is an idiot?"

That's quite a statement coming from an anonymous, insignificant schmuck in an Internet discussion forum. But you and your ilk are well known for audacity, which is why you are so loved in the world.

There is much to criticize Obama for but he is no idiot. The man is a Constitutional scholar and he's managed to elevate himself to occupy the most powerful political Office in the world. But you say he's an idiot.

The problem with Obama is he is too young to be President without a family fortune to fall back on when he leaves Office (as did JFK). So he needs to be careful about who he offends while he's President. This is why he seems so inert, so timid and indecisive.

He's not an idiot. He's just being careful. Which is why I'm hoping the Democrats put up an alternate candidate in 2012. Someone who is too old to give a damn whose toes he steps on.

Obama will not be reelected. Obama is Jimmy Carter in an afro. And like Jimmy Carter he didn't even expect to get elected. Carter didn't get a second term; neither will Obama.

Not sure where you get the Idea Carter did not expect to get re-elected. He clearly wanted to be re-elected and was personally crushed when he lost.

I said Carter didn't expect to get elected. I did not say Carter didn't expect to get REelected.

Of course he wanted to be reelected. And he expected it.

[...]No, Obama is an idiot.
"Obama is an idiot?"

That's quite a statement coming from an anonymous, insignificant schmuck in an Internet discussion forum. But you and your ilk are well known for audacity, which is why you are so loved in the world.

There is much to criticize Obama for but he is no idiot. The man is a Constitutional scholar and he's managed to elevate himself to occupy the most powerful political Office in the world. But you say he's an idiot.

The problem with Obama is he is too young to be President without a family fortune to fall back on when he leaves Office (as did JFK). So he needs to be careful about who he offends while he's President. This is why he seems so inert, so timid and indecisive.

He's not an idiot. He's just being careful. Which is why I'm hoping the Democrats put up an alternate candidate in 2012. Someone who is too old to give a damn whose toes he steps on.

"Me and my ilk"??
No, Obama is an idiot. Only an idiot could pursue the kinds of policies he has, appoint the kinds of people he has, expect the kinds of results he has, and then act surprised when it didnt work out.
Here is the "brilliant constitutional scholar":
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt5dY3vVoZ0&feature=related[/ame]

I too think he's Jimma Carta in a fro!!
You can't attack every business that moves and be expected to be seen as good for the economy.
Unless the economy gains mucho speedo, he's gonna be helping habitat for Humanity with Carter.

Republicans made the same assumptions about the Clinton Presidency; that he'd never clean-up DADDY Bush's economic-debacle....and, Republicans would waltz, right-back-into-Office, in '96.

:eusa_whistle:

December 9, 2002

Let's Look At The Record

"For the past decade, it has been a conservative crusade to: a) deny Bill Clinton's policies any credit for the historic prosperity the nation enjoyed during his presidency, or b) deny that those good old Clinton days were really that good at all.

First, when Clinton won the White House, the federal budget deficit was at a historic high of $290 billion, 10 million Americans were out of work and the nation's economic growth rate under the outgoing Republican administration was the lowest in more than half a century. Clinton introduced his controversial economic plan that raised the income taxes of the richest 1.4 percent of Americans. We immediately heard from the Gloom and Doom congressional Republicans, every one of whom voted against the Clinton plan. Sen. Phil Gramm, R-Texas, announced, "This tax bill is a one-way ticket to a recession." House Republican Whip Newt Gingrich predicted, "This is the Democrat machine's recession, and each one of them will be held personally accountable."

What followed is unarguable: creation of more than 22 million new jobs; the nation's lowest unemployment rate in 30 years; the lowest unemployment rate among women in 40 years; and the lowest Hispanic and African-American unemployment rate in history. The nation went from the largest budget deficits in history to the largest budget surpluses in history, while the average family's income went up more than $5,000."

Clinton owes his re-election to working with Republican majorities and the ensuing prosperity.

Hell no.

That simply is not true.

Republicans wanted Clinton out. They closed down government and tried to impeach him. There was no "working" together. Clinton started out as a moderate and remained a moderate. Same as Obama.

If unemployment numbers go down..Obama will get a second term. If not..he's probably out in 2012.

You are welcome to assume what you want..

You assume that Obama has 46% approval so that means he will be beat in 2012. But you still have to fill in the second half of that assumption..

Who from the GOP can you run that is capable of defeating Obama? The list is very short

Hell no.

That simply is not true.

Republicans wanted Clinton out. They closed down government and tried to impeach him. There was no "working" together. Clinton started out as a moderate and remained a moderate. Same as Obama.

If unemployment numbers go down..Obama will get a second term. If not..he's probably out in 2012.

If Obama's a "moderate", then that confirms what I have thought "moderates" to be all along.

Hell no.

That simply is not true.

If Obama's a "moderate", then that confirms what I have thought "moderates" to be all along.

Good, for you.

:rolleyes:

You are welcome to assume what you want..

You assume that Obama has 46% approval so that means he will be beat in 2012. But you still have to fill in the second half of that assumption..

Who from the GOP can you run that is capable of defeating Obama? The list is very short
Hey lumpy, since they're attributing MY quote to you, remind them to send their negrep to me instead since they "respectfully disagree".

And Wrongwinger, just so you know, George Soros is pulling his support for the DNC as he find them no longer effective. Something that just came out in the last few days. Without the kingpin of the DNC, and Hillary about ready to make a run for it in 2012, you think Barack has a chance now that he has a record as one of the worst presidents (accomplishmentwise) in history???

Great spin, but nothing else. He burned off his white liberal guilt when he wrecked the economy even more.

Forum List

Back