One Reason Americans Elected Trump....

Just what we need, more of our troops stationed in other countries defending them instead of defending the US.
You're seemingly unaware that the law prohibits the use of the military (i.e., active and reserve Army, Air Force, Navy, and Marine personnel and resources) in domestic situations except in limited circumstances.
Too, it seems you are unaware that we have something called the National Guard whose very purpose is to do the sorts of things to which you allude.

The National Guard consists of the Army National Guard and the Air Force Air National Guard. While federally funded, the National Guard is organized and controlled by state. However, in times of war, the National Guard can become federalized and deployed. The National Guard engages in a number of activities. During local emergencies, National Guard units assist communities endangered by storms, floods, fires, and other disasters. National Guard companies deployed overseas may see combat, but are more often building schools and hospitals, training local peacekeepers, or teaching local farmers more efficient farming techniques and better ways to use of their land. As with the Reserve, the National Guard requires training drills one weekend a month and two weeks per year. National Guard members are given Veteran status if they have served for 30 consecutive days in a war zone. (Source)
I presume you wrote what you did because you thought it "sounded good." Anyone who bothered to think about U.S. law and law enforcement capabilities, resources and constraints would know that for however good such a remark "sounds," it's nonetheless an utterly insipid one to make for there is neither an emergent nor chronic need to deploy U.S. military personnel who'd otherwise be stationed abroad to the defence of the U.S. (49 continental states, Hawaii and the various U.S. territories around the world).

I know all about the Posse Comitatus act and it has been taken to extremes it was never meant to be taken to.

And it has nothing to do with us defending other nations and not our own. And this is from a guy that spent more than half of his 20 years in the Corps on foreign soil.

Just what we need, more of our troops stationed in other countries defending them instead of defending the US.
You're seemingly unaware that the law prohibits the use of the military (i.e., active and reserve Army, Air Force, Navy, and Marine personnel and resources) in domestic situations except in limited circumstances.
Too, it seems you are unaware that we have something called the National Guard whose very purpose is to do the sorts of things to which you allude.

The National Guard consists of the Army National Guard and the Air Force Air National Guard. While federally funded, the National Guard is organized and controlled by state. However, in times of war, the National Guard can become federalized and deployed. The National Guard engages in a number of activities. During local emergencies, National Guard units assist communities endangered by storms, floods, fires, and other disasters. National Guard companies deployed overseas may see combat, but are more often building schools and hospitals, training local peacekeepers, or teaching local farmers more efficient farming techniques and better ways to use of their land. As with the Reserve, the National Guard requires training drills one weekend a month and two weeks per year. National Guard members are given Veteran status if they have served for 30 consecutive days in a war zone. (Source)
I presume you wrote what you did because you thought it "sounded good." Anyone who bothered to think about U.S. law and law enforcement capabilities, resources and constraints would know that for however good such a remark "sounds," it's nonetheless an utterly insipid one to make for there is neither an emergent nor chronic need to deploy U.S. military personnel who'd otherwise be stationed abroad to the defence of the U.S. (49 continental states, Hawaii and the various U.S. territories around the world).

I know all about the Posse Comitatus act and it has been taken to extremes it was never meant to be taken to.

And it has nothing to do with us defending other nations and not our own. And this is from a guy that spent more than half of his 20 years in the Corps on foreign soil.

Well, then do share. By what reasoning do you construe that U.S "troops stations in other countries" be not "defending the U.S." (and its interests if not its political and physical sovereignty) by their presence there? Are not several interests of the U.S. also possessions (sometimes tangible and sometimes not) of the U.S. that too need defending from threats foreign and domestic? Might not some foreign threats be threatening from afar? Need threats to U.S. interests be "knocking on our door" as it were?

Seems to me far more strategically efficacious to interdict threats while they are distant. It seems, however, you view the matter of defense differently than I.

The best time to build a bomb shelter is well before a bomb drops.
-- My father​

Some comments from the article quoted in the OP:

Despite having carriers to deploy in the area, we need this base. We have found Erdogan in Turkey is an unreliable "ally" who will close off Turkish airspace at the drop of a hat. Erdogon is an Islamist and we cannot be at his mercy. Build up this base and reduce the Turkish airbase we have there.

An attack on Isreal will now constitute an attack on America. Hope that figures into the minds of the Iranian high command.

All getting ready for the looming conflict between Israel and Saudi Arabia vs. Iran.

...Trump is here and O'Dumbo is gone.

This is a tremendous event, demonstrating our commitment to Israel.

US breaks ground for new permanent base in Israel

"Israel is ready to share intelligence on Iran with Saudi Arabia – IDF chief
"With President Donald Trump, there is an opportunity for a new international alliance in the region and a major strategic plan to stop the Iranian threat," Lt. Gen. Gadi Eisenkot, chief of staff of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) told the paper. "We are ready to exchange experiences with moderate Arab countries and exchange intelligence to confront Iran."

When asked whether Israel has recently share intelligence with Saudi Arabia, Eisenkot responded by saying: "We are ready to share information if necessary. There are many common interests between us..."
Israel is ready to share intelligence on Iran with Saudi Arabia – IDF chief

There is only one reason why Hussein Obama demanded that the world's worst state sponsor of terrorism, Iran, be awarded nuclear weapons....

Forum List

Back