One question that science can't answer: "What's the point of it all?"

Why do you seek the answer to a philosophical question among scientists? Philosophy is not the purview of science.

ERRRRRT! Wrong. Science and philosophy are codependent branches of the SAME THING. Philosophy attempts to answer those things that science fails to do. AS soon as science does, it stops being a philosophy. Jesus, is anyone else here actually even or has been a practicing scientist? Or are all you people just armchair clucks with an excessive amount of free time on your hands?

Creation scientists can tell you why. Sir Francis Bacon, the father of the scientific method, wrote, "There are two books laid before us to study, to prevent our falling into error; first, the volume of the Scriptures, which reveal the will of God; then the volume of the Creatures, which express His power.”

Scientists can tell you how, but they can't tell you why.

And, as my Latin teacher used to say: "He who knows why is master of he who knows how."

There is no godless future where people turn to science to solve life's difficult problems.
It’s not incumbent upon science to ‘answer’ such a ‘question.’
It's a good thing you know that, but some scientists appear not to know it.
A scientist can't give you advice on how to lead your life.
And?

Again, it’s not his responsibility to do so.
That's what I'm saying.
What you’re saying is ridiculous, and fails as a strawman fallacy.
You always say that. Try saying something new.

Why do you seek the answer to a philosophical question among scientists? Philosophy is not the purview of science.

ERRRRRT! Wrong. Science and philosophy are codependent branches of the SAME THING. Philosophy attempts to answer those things that science fails to do. AS soon as science does, it stops being a philosophy. Jesus, is anyone else here actually even or has been a practicing scientist? Or are all you people just armchair clucks with an excessive amount of free time on your hands?
Science attempts to understand the natural world. What is the earth made of? Hello Geology! What has ever lived here? Why it's our old friend Paleontology! What explains the stars? Astronomy! Come on down!

The 'meaning' of life? That's a state of mind and heart. It cannot be measured, recorded, run through the very method that makes science science.

Science attempts to understand the natural world. What is the earth made of? Hello Geology! What has ever lived here? Why it's our old friend Paleontology! What explains the stars? Astronomy! Come on down!

The 'meaning' of life? That's a state of mind and heart. It cannot be measured, recorded, run through the very method that makes science science.
Right, that was my point.

I'm addressing the people who somehow think science can replace religion.

It can't.

If people ever abandon Christianity, they will go to other religions, they won't go to science.

And, as my Latin teacher used to say: "He who knows why is master of he who knows how."

There is no godless future where people turn to science to solve life's difficult problems.

The answer is 42!

It can't.

If people ever abandon Christianity, they will go to other religions, they won't go to science.
That just isn't going to happen

Do you think the Holy Bible can serve as a Geology text book? A Paleontology text? Astronomy?

Theses concerns can be overlooked in a Pluralist society. Taking Scripture literally would mean the laws of Leviticus would be enforced. If the Biblical Literalists get their way it would be as if a Christian Taliban took over.

On the other hand we should look to history. Darwin published Origins of Species at the dawn of the Industrial Revolution. Just as Protestant sects in Great Britain organized missionary work in the far flung Empire.

And in America Joseph Smith created the Church of the Latter Day Saints. In up state New York along the banks of the Erie Canal there was such a curiosity of fire and brimstone tent preachers.

The point is innovation and religious faith share and play well with others.

Last edited:

Never apparently heard of psychology, neurobiology, etc., I see.

Every atheist out there thinks that science replaces religion.

Why what
This is the question that you ask several time in this section about science
Galileo, Newton and Einstein also ask why.

Is English your second language

Why what

Yes, they wondered about the question but without insulting science, I speak three languages

Why what

Yes, they wondered about the question but without insulting science, I speak three languages
Is English a second or third language to you, because your grammar is very poor which is why I ask.

I by the way have never insulted science, I have insulted clowns pretending to be part of science.

Now can you explain dark matter?

Why what

Is English a second or third language to you, because your grammar is very poor which is why I ask.

I by the way have never insulted science, I have insulted clowns pretending to be part of science.

You can insult me about my English, I do not care ... I prefer to have a bad english that a vicious attitude like you, what exactly are you looking for at the forum with your insult ?

Vini,vidi,vici, and as Caesar would also say " Because it's there".

You can insult me about my English, I do not care ... I prefer to have a bad english that a vicious attitude like you, what exactly are you looking for at the forum with your insult ?
I am not insulting your English, I am insulting all people who believe in dinosaurs living with people and others who see dark matter on the wind

I am not insulting your English, I am insulting all people who believe in dinosaurs living with people and others who see dark matter on the wind
Yes, you insulted me about my English, but here at the forum the members know me now and they do not care how I speak. You seem to be very unhappy in your real life to look for trouble with member who only want to discuss science. I hope you understood what I said? i ask you since i express myself so badly.

Yes, you insulted me about my English, but here at the forum the members know me now and they do not care how I speak. You seem to be very unhappy in your real life to look for trouble with member who only want to discuss science. I hope you understood what I said? i ask you since i express myself so badly.
You said you believe the wind is or is caused by dark matter, please explain

Does science also believe what you do

One great thing about religion is it gives you the answers

It may not be the right answer, but it is an answer

Forum List

Back