One question that science can't answer: "What's the point of it all?"

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Scientists can tell you how, but they can't tell you why.

And, as my Latin teacher used to say: "He who knows why is master of he who knows how."

There is no godless future where people turn to science to solve life's difficult problems.

Why do you present it as a binary choice?

Science is a methodology... Religion is a belief.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

And, as my Latin teacher used to say: "He who knows why is master of he who knows how."

There is no godless future where people turn to science to solve life's difficult problems.
Why what

It’s not incumbent upon science to ‘answer’ such a ‘question.’
It's a good thing you know that, but some scientists appear not to know it.

What question...…………

Jesus you people are gullible

6a00d8341c03bb53ef01bb0855b040970d-pi

A scientist can't give you advice on how to lead your life.

Why do you seek the answer to a philosophical question among scientists? Philosophy is not the purview of science.

Ask a philosopher. If you want to restrict your search to the eccumenical, don't dismiss all religious beliefs. I think that way, you can see a pattern emerge.

Why do you present it as a binary choice?
Science is a methodology... Religion is a belief.
The two aren't mutually exclusive.
Please. You are NOT a scientist.
Science itself is both a process AND a belief. Man puts great faith in many things science leads us to until we find out that it was wrong and replace it with a newer theory.
Religion is a belief. But so is atheism. Religious belief is usually based on actual, personal experiences. Atheism is based on the LACK of them.
Only atheists believe that a LACK of experience or knowledge is proof of something.
That is kind of like having never been to France so concluding that since you haven't seen it, it can't possibly exist.

Seriously? It is not incumbent upon science to answer or find the cause to things?
Where did you dig that dreck up? This is science's ultimate goal!

It's a good thing you know that, but some scientists appear not to know it.
A scientist can't give you advice on how to lead your life.
And?

Again, it’s not his responsibility to do so.
That's what I'm saying.
What you’re saying is ridiculous, and fails as a strawman fallacy.

Forum List

Back