"One of the things I don't miss in CA is all of the weirdos you see every day."

AlexanderPK

Gold Member
May 23, 2017
There's this sentence one of the forumites wrote. Does it imply that he still lives in CA or he left CA a while back? What do you say? A purely linguistic query.

There's this sentence one of the forumites wrote. Does it imply that he still lives in CA or he left CA a while back? What do you say? A purely linguistic query.
went there on business maybe 20+ years ago. People seemed sub-human, like they might kill themselves tomorrow or they might not :)

The writer either lived or often visited California in the past, but no longer does so.

went there on business maybe 20+ years ago. People seemed sub-human, like they might kill themselves tomorrow or they might not :)
Second you and the man though I've never been but this one is about linguistics, only. ;)

There's this uh.."skinny" faction in CA where they're all super-skinny and that is desirable to them.

It looks unhealthy to me. :dunno:

There are weirdos in every state and community. There are some people that see nothing wrong in this type of behavior.

The writer either lived or often visited California in the past, but no longer does so.
Somehow I got the impression that he's in CA. I think there lurks an ambiguity here. Might an American eye see any?

Sadly I'm starting to see weirdos where I live.

Saw some obvious tranny with a wig on, wearing head to toe black, and a mask on covering half its face walking down a major road in 80 degree weather yesterday. Black chicks wearing the most god awful outfits with nasty hair using their outdoor voices indoors. Homeless people sitting at intersections holding signs that are just incorherent writing and images.

When I was a kid a weirdo around here was a gay guy, a guy that drove in a van completely covered in Jesus stickers with a crucifix on the hood, and guy that carried mashed potatoes in his pocket that he ate. I miss when the weirdos were simple and rare.

Forum List

Back