One Of The Main Reasons People Didn't Listen To Frank Zappa...

He sang (term used loosely) a song called Stinkfoot. To me that encompasses Frank Zappa. Simplistic, gross really. Unlistenable, I agree.

Lolz

Simplistic?

He made complex stuff sound funny

The solo on that song is otherworldly

If he saw a fly on the wall, he'd write a song about it. Like Taylor Swift does..

When Taylor Swift can find and hire musicians like Vinny Colaiuta, Steve Vai, Ike Willis, Terry Bozzio, etc. you give me a call

Lolz

Simplistic?

If he saw a fly on the wall, he'd write a song about it. Like Taylor Swift does..

Zappa was hated for 2 reasons:

1. Vehemently anti-drug, thought the notion of musicians being able to play better when they were stoned was total insanity and

2. Sued the record company (and won) for fucking him over

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9-zh1WnbKE]Frank Zappa Stink Foot UK70sProgRock.com Bromidrosis Apostrophe (') - YouTube[/ame]

He put a Barcus Berry pick up in the neck of the guitar for that solo.

It was pure gold coin when he played "The Slime" on SNL. :lol:

For me Live at Filmore East for the kick ass album to die for. I was lucky enough in my lifetime to catch Zappa in concerts a number of times.

Last edited:
He sang (term used loosely) a song called Stinkfoot. To me that encompasses Frank Zappa. Simplistic, gross really. Unlistenable, I agree.

Lolz

Simplistic?

he was also one of the few Musicians who actually was able to Read and write music and no doubt understood Counterpoint.....

Lolz

Simplistic?

he was also one of the few Musicians who actually was able to Read and write music and no doubt understood Counterpoint.....

He has 5 whole CD's worth of solos. Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar is well, just listen

It's an awe inspiring amount of music

One Of The Main Reasons People Didn't Listen To Frank Zappa...

... is because his music was all crap.

Last edited:
Lolz

Simplistic?

He has 5 whole CD's worth of solos. Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar is well, just listen

Actually there are more than 5- you missed Trance Fusion (posthumously released):thup:

Actually there are more than 5- you missed Trance Fusion (posthumously released):thup:

I have that, actually I forgot

Did you know that "on the bus" from Joes Garage was actually an earlier "Inca Roads" solo.
Just fucking amazing that he could do that

Lolz

Simplistic?

Having been an affiliated members of the real time GTO'S I beg to differ. Second tier.

We would rock up there.

You have no clue do you? Tis ok.....

Now every one else may hate him, but when I saw Frank with Jean Luc I knew I witnessed genius. Frank was just so awesome.

Did you know that "on the bus" from Joes Garage was actually an earlier "Inca Roads" solo.

Didn't know, but not surprised.

I love his music (most of it). Watermelon in Easter Hay solo.....one of my fav's

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9DqykUsqRY]Frank Zappa - Watermelon In Easter Hay - 1988 - YouTube[/ame]

Zappa was before my time for the most part, but I'll never forget the first time I heard "Dancing Fool" on a radio.

The eccentricity of it all was mind-blowing...I certainly appreciate what he did.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT2yUND72DY]Frank Zappa - Inca Roads (On The Bus) Live Solo, 1979 - YouTube[/ame]

Inca Roads solo, that FZ xenochrony into "On the Bus"

Didn't know, but not surprised.

I love his music (most of it). Watermelon in Easter Hay solo.....one of my fav's

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9DqykUsqRY]Frank Zappa - Watermelon In Easter Hay - 1988 - YouTube[/ame]

It's an amazing work and I've not heard it played once on "Rock" radio

this is horrible camera work.....they dont show Frank soloing but they have a close up of that horrible thing called Yoko....i guess she called it singing....how John allowed her anywhere near a mike i will never know.....i can imagine Frank was wondering the same thing

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SB7vTv8CPA]John Lennon - Well (Baby Please Don't Go) (Live at the Fillmore East) [HiD] - YouTube[/ame]

I'm sure my new nieghbours don't understand me doing the "mudshark". Thank god they are young and think me eccentric.

Bless their souls. They have no idea.

Forum List

Back