One Nation Under God?!?

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
One Nation Under God?!?

I say "Bullshit!"

For that statement to be true, at least 75% of us would have to agree on what or who 'God' is.... the major religions practiced here don't agree on a concept of 'God' between them and the various sects within them all think even their closest religious relatives are going to hell... I doubt that any single concept of 'God' can claim the hearts and minds of more than 20% of the population, including Christianity, if behavior is used as the litmus test rather than bumper stickers.

One Nation Under God? Bullshit.​

Last edited:
One Nation Under God?!?

I say "Bullshit!"

For that statement to be true, at least 75% of us would have to agree on what or who 'God' is.... the major religions practiced here don't agree on a concept of 'God' between them and the various sects within them all think even their closest religious relatives are going to hell... I doubt that any single concept of 'God' can claim the hearts and minds of more than 20% of the population, including Christianity, if behavior is used as the litmus test rather than bumper stickers.

OK :razz:

I think it is clear that this nation is not under God anymore anyway. I amnot going to be too concerned because I know that I am "one man under God."

That is enough for me, and hundreds of thousalds more. As God leads us, some will be added to that number.

If you don't want to be under the Christian God, we are not here to change your mind or heart. But, I do believe that God is here for that, and He will deal with your needs as only He can.

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

One Nation Under God?!?

I say "Bullshit!"

I believe that we could have a nation under Dell Comics. All the fantasy beliefs could organize under the umbrella of the biggest publisher of make believe....or maybe disney ..if they would lighten up and stop pushing judaism and protestant exclusively.

One Nation Under God?!?

I say "Bullshit!"

I think it is clear that this nation is not under God anymore anyway. I amnot going to be too concerned because I know that I am "one man under God."

That is enough for me, and hundreds of thousalds more. As God leads us, some will be added to that number.

If you don't want to be under the Christian God, we are not here to change your mind or heart. But, I do believe that God is here for that, and He will deal with your needs as only He can.

I wish more religious people in this country had a relationship with their God more similar to yours. Religion really is a poor reason to form a government.

One Nation Under God?!?

I say "Bullshit!"

I believe that we could have a nation under Dell Comics. All the fantasy beliefs could organize under the umbrella of the biggest publisher of make believe....or maybe disney ..if they would lighten up and stop pushing judaism and protestant exclusively.

You ever see the sci-fi movie called 'Enemy Mine' with Lou Gossett Jr and Dennis Quaid?

Early in the movie Quaids character makes an off the cuff religious reference to worshiping Micky Mouse and that is followed by a scene where they're fighting and Lou Gossetts character puts a passionate curse on his enemy's god "Micky Mouse" which stops the fight because Quaid is almost unable to hold back the laughter.

'God' is such a personal concept...

One Nation Under God?!?

I say "Bullshit!"

I wish more religious people in this country had a relationship with their God more similar to yours. Religion really is a poor reason to form a government.

I agree. :eusa_angel:

God is entirely personal, even the concept is personal.

If it was not we would have clear proof of God's existence.

One Nation Under God?!?

I say "Bullshit!"

You ever see the sci-fi movie called 'Enemy Mine' with Lou Gossett Jr and Dennis Quaid?

Early in the movie Quaids character makes an off the cuff religious reference to worshiping Micky Mouse and that is followed by a scene where they're fighting and Lou Gossetts character puts a passionate curse on his enemy's god "Micky Mouse" which stops the fight because Quaid is almost unable to hold back the laughter.

'God' is such a personal concept...

I see goodness in the individual ability and right to see "what is". It saddens me that what most do with this ability is defer that which which is thier most precious ability and what makes us different from monkeys onto monkeys.

No, we are still a nation under God. Simply because some of us choose not to recognize his Sovereignty doesn't mean He isnt there and we arent under His watchful eye.

The day when we as a people turn away from the Lord will be the day we are swept from the land. I dont think we are at that point, but we are heading that way.

No, we are still a nation under God. Simply because some of us choose not to recognize his Sovereignty doesn't mean He isnt there and we arent under His watchful eye.

The day when we as a people turn away from the Lord will be the day we are swept from the land. I dont think we are at that point, but we are heading that way.

You can let god watch you if you want...I catch him peekin in one of my port holes and I'll give him one right between his eyes.:lol::lol::lol:

You can let god watch you if you want...I catch him peekin in one of my port holes and I'll give him one right between his eyes.:lol::lol::lol:

I'm not worried. You'll never see what you pretend doesnt exist. He could stand in front of you and you'd probably refuse to see Him. I hope Im wrong. But i doubt that for some reason.

I'm not worried. You'll never see what you pretend doesnt exist. He could stand in front of you and you'd probably refuse to see Him. I hope Im wrong. But i doubt that for some reason.

All I'm saying is don't get too carried away thinking you know what I am supposed to see. You have enough "visions" for both of us.:lol::lol:

The part where your god commands you go out and convert others to your religions will lead to bad juju for you. Some of us believe it or not have convictions as strong or stronger than the ones you subscribe to. The way we are heading with the crazy fundis like Michelle Bachmann pushing her god down others throats I can easily see an actual violent and bloody war over these issues. Take my word for this...we are not your lost sheep or your gods property. Keep your distance.

Who came up with the ass number of "at least 75 percent of the people would have to agree?"

All I'm saying is don't get too carried away thinking you know what I am supposed to see. You have enough "visions" for both of us.:lol::lol:

The part where your god commands you go out and convert others to your religions will lead to bad juju for you. Some of us believe it or not have convictions as strong or stronger than the ones you subscribe to. The way we are heading with the crazy fundis like Michelle Bachmann pushing her god down others throats I can easily see an actual violent and bloody war over these issues. Take my word for this...we are not your lost sheep or your gods property. Keep your distance.

Ive never seen Michelle do a single thing to push anyone's God, let alone hers down anyones throat. Do you have evidence to support your claim? Im not saying you're wrong. I just dont care about her enough to search everything she says and the things I have seen her say have had nothing to do with pushing thing on anyone. Quite the opposite. Ive seen her fighting to prevent things from being forced on us.

And I also have no doubt that you will get violent and persecute people of faith. You arent any different than anyone else who has done so. But I can promise you that if you attack me, it will not be because of anything Ive done to you. I have no desire to be violent.

Avatar, according to the words of your Christ, you, and each of us, see him every day. And all too many of us turn our faces away. Whenever we see a hungry man, woman, or child, we have seen the Christ of the Bible. Whenever we see someone in distress that needs comforting, we have seen the Christ of the Bible. And when we see the sick, those afflicted in mind or body, we have seen another face of the Christ of the Bible.

What we do when we see him essentially states our belief or non-belief in him and his teachings. These teachings and actions have many ramifications, not only in our daily lives, but in our political beliefs as relating to the care of our fellow human beings.

Ive never seen Michelle do a single thing to push anyone's God, let alone hers down anyones throat. Do you have evidence to support your claim? Im not saying you're wrong. I just dont care about her enough to search everything she says and the things I have seen her say have had nothing to do with pushing thing on anyone. Quite the opposite. Ive seen her fighting to prevent things from being forced on us.
And I also have no doubt that you will get violent and persecute people of faith. You arent any different than anyone else who has done so. But I can promise you that if you attack me, it will not be because of anything Ive done to you. I have no desire to be violent.

The "us" you refer to does not include me. I only offer her up as an example because she has power over others lives many of which resent her abuse of seperation of religion and our government as prescribed in our constitution. You as you accuse of me don't see it because you fundimentally agree with her positions. From my perspective she is certifiably insane and has no business representing americans in the senate. She would be much more justifyably suited being a lobbiest for christian causes. She is one of far too many that represent fundamentalist causes at the expense of making what most americans envision as a better america.

It is a distinctly "american" reaction defending ones own rights. I do not hope to kill or even harm anyone. I am not the monster you think I am. If you conceed that I have the right to not have your christianity interfere in my life then we have no quarrel. It is the extension of your religion into my life that I take offense.

When laws are passed that only benefit your religion you tread on mine and others rights. Lets take abortion. Neither of us are women but you claim territory that is not yours. I take the position that it is none of mine or yours business because we are not female. But this may suprise you. As much as I abhore laws against abortion..I fully support your picketing abortion clinics as it is your constitutional right to gather in groups and exercise free speech. I do not believe you should have the right to block them but if you feel you need to address your concerns to the women entering them go ahead and try to lawfully convince them till your hearts content.

She supports separation of government and religion, which is why she is so adamant that the government has no say in the religiousity of politicians.

Forum List

Back