One Juror will not convict Michael Slager, which imperils all the jurors

Do you have all your bullshit saved, so you can just copy and paste it here?
I know what foolz like you will say, so it is second nature to respond to haterz like you. No police state for you!

The hold out juror is probably an illiterate low info alt right fool who approves of cops shooting blacks.

That lone juror is probably carefully weighing all the facts before sending a man to jail for 30 years. I thought you were being reasonable the thread until your "low info alt right" comment. It was totally uncalled for as is a lot of other comments on this thread.
So you think, Fang, so shove the butt hurt, kid. The juror's opinion is (1) uninformed, and (2) possibly because of far right social and cultural taboos. If you don't like it, Fang, sux to be you. I hope the juror does some good reflection this weekend, as you should be doing but obviously not.

Wow, I can see I touched a nerve. LOL First the election and now this. You must be so angry and miserable. I'm having a GREAT day. My candidate is doing a Thank You tour, my football team kicked some ass and I upset a bigoted Liberal on USMB for calling you out!!! Woo Hoo!!! Buh bye!

I know what foolz like you will say, so it is second nature to respond to haterz like you. No police state for you!

The hold out juror is probably an illiterate low info alt right fool who approves of cops shooting blacks.

That lone juror is probably carefully weighing all the facts before sending a man to jail for 30 years. I thought you were being reasonable the thread until your "low info alt right" comment. It was totally uncalled for as is a lot of other comments on this thread.
So you think, Fang, so shove the butt hurt, kid. The juror's opinion is (1) uninformed, and (2) possibly because of far right social and cultural taboos. If you don't like it, Fang, sux to be you. I hope the juror does some good reflection this weekend, as you should be doing but obviously not.

Wow, I can see I touched a nerve. LOL First the election and now this. You must be so angry and miserable. I'm having a GREAT day. My candidate is doing a Thank You tour, my football team kicked some ass and I upset a bigoted Liberal on USMB for calling you out!!! Woo Hoo!!! Buh bye!
You are projecting your butt hurt, fang. I don't think you understand that you are so obvious to the reader. My team won Thurs, by the way, so congrats on your team's victory. In the meantime, the juror is wrong, and that won't change. You being wrong is not going to change either.

You are projecting your butt hurt, fang. I don't think you understand that you are so obvious to the reader. My team won Thurs, by the way, so congrats on your team's victory. In the meantime, the juror is wrong, and that won't change. You being wrong is not going to change either.

OK, we can trade jabs on how butt hurt we are, or we can discuss the topic. How is the juror wrong? I'm not saying the juror is not wrong, I just haven't seen enough about facts about the case. Like I said, I could see voluntary manslaughter based on what I know, but it's hard to say anyone is wrong without being in the courtroom. (Or we can discuss how my Ravens are gonna beat your Cowboys in the Super Bowl!)

OK, we can trade jabs on how butt hurt we are, or we can discuss the topic. How is the juror wrong? I'm not saying the juror is not wrong, I just haven't seen enough about facts about the case. Like I said, I could see voluntary manslaughter based on what I know, but it's hard to say anyone is wrong without being in the courtroom. (Or we can discuss how my Ravens are gonna beat your Cowboys in the Super Bowl!)
I think the juror is (1) not aware of the difference between doubt and reasonable doubt, or (2) of the opinion that if you run under any circumstances the police legally and morally are alright in shooting you, or (3) racist (that's only a suggestion: I have no idea if . . .), or a combination of any or all three.

The DA will try the case again if it is deadlocked.

[Right now, if the Cowboys are on their game, they are unbeatable. If think they will take the Giants in giantville by 12 points or better.]

Anyone black and running away from an arrest is probable cause.
If Slager walks there will be riots and it will be a matter of time before some cop(s) is assassinated in retaliation. Cops like Slager are motivated by their own feelings with no consideration of the possible (probable) consequences.

If Slager is dismissed that will be it for the criminal trial. But there still will be a civil trial and that shooting will cost the taxpayers millions -- in addition to the cost of the riots and retaliatory assassinations.

These are consequences which should be weighed against race-based attitudes.

Police officers have been assassinated for a couple of years now. This is a war. What can they threaten? More war.

If Slager walks there will be riots and it will be a matter of time before some cop(s) is assassinated in retaliation. Cops like Slager are motivated by their own feelings with no consideration of the possible (probable) consequences.

If Slager is dismissed that will be it for the criminal trial. But there still will be a civil trial and that shooting will cost the taxpayers millions -- in addition to the cost of the riots and retaliatory assassinations.

Guilt or Innocence has nothing to do with what a crowd may do later. That you think it does proves you do not believe in Justice at all.

Guilt or Innocence has nothing to do with what a crowd may do later. That you think it does proves you do not believe in Justice at all.
Justice is whatever you,get in a courtroom. You don't have to believe.

I had no idea that so many board members had come to Charleston, gained entry to the courtroom, heard all the testimony, and saw all the evidence...

Seriously, while I have no doubt in my mind of Slager's guilt based on what I saw on the news and read in the newspaper (and I'd be willing to bet that's more than most of you posting in this thread), I was not in that courtroom. I did not hear the testimony, I did not see the evidence.

Let me share with you an anecdote...

About two years ago I served on a jury here, a burglary case involving the theft of a firearm. Serious crime here in South Carolina with serious penalties. When we, the jury, retired to the jury room to deliberate there were ten ready to convict and two who said no. I was one of the two. Despite the fact that, in my gut, I knew the defendant was guilty, the prosecution did not prove their case (this was the belief of the other not guilty vote as well). We, the jury talked, asked questions, explained our points of view, and in the end two not guilty votes turned into twelve. Because we followed the law, not our gut instinct. The evidence did not tell the story the prosecution was weaving.

The point is, unless you are on that jury, in that courtroom, you don't really know. Anything.

What was the background of this thug? Was he a preacher or was he on his third conviction? Let's not portray this runner as an innocent.

[...]

The point is, unless you are on that jury, in that courtroom, you don't really know. Anything.
What I know is what I saw in the video. As far as my personal feelings are concerned, I'm neutral. I have no personal feelings for either Slager or the guy he shot. But I do resent cops who are not constrained by the likely consequences of their excessive actions but are guided by their emotions and sense of offended authority. I can best summarize my feelings in this matter by saying my main concern is with the taxpayers of Charleston.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back