Once Upon a Time, the DOJ Argued the Presidential Records Act Gave a President Massive Authority Over His Records

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Not long ago, in what is a seminal court case, involving Bill Clinton, the DOJ sided with Clinton.

Jack Smith, the buffoon that he is, ignored this in his vendetta against Trump.

In defending NARA, the Justice Department argued that NARA doesn’t have “a duty to engage in a never-ending search for potential presidential records” that weren’t provided to NARA by the president at the end of his term.

Nor, the department asserted, does the Presidential Records Act require NARA to appropriate potential presidential records forcibly. The government’s position was that Congress had decided that the president and the president alone decides what is a presidential record and what isn’t.

He may take with him whatever records he chooses at the end of his term.

Not long ago, in what is a seminal court case, involving Bill Clinton, the DOJ sided with Clinton.

Thanks. I was going to post a similar article myself in another thread. Very good essay.

I know right, they should instead be like you and have some talking head tell them what to think about the indictment since you are not intelligent enough to read it for yourself and understand it

Or you, constantly deflecting, protecting your ruling elite.

You hoping for a camp guard job so you can finally get laid?

Yes, telling you to think for yourself is deflecting! :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Been married over 30 years and our sex life has never been better!

What I am hoping for is that you fuckers to not screw up the country too much more in the next 6 years before the wife and I get the hell out of it.

Trump could have moved to quash the subpoena if he thought the PRA gave him the right to indiscriminately keep whatever documents he wanted to keep...he didn't

Trump could have returned the documents required by the subpoena and then sue in court to get those documents back...if he thought the PRA gave him the right to retain whatever docs he wanted...he didn't

What he did do was lie to the FBI, asked his own attorneys to help him hide the documents, ignore a legally issued subpoena, and later lied to his own lawyers....causing many of them to drop him...

No, Clinton, Obama, Biden, Pence or no one else did what Trump is doing......you will soon see that the bullshit your rightwing overlords tell you on Newsmaxx and FOX don't hit the same in court.....

Do you honestly believe Trump is not one of the ruling elites?
original.jpg

"The Most Powerful Member of the Ruling Class​

Using 'the ruling class' and 'overlords' as shorthand for Trump’s critics is Orwellian nonsense."

The Most Powerful Member of the Ruling Class

Do you honestly believe Trump is not one of the ruling elites?
original.jpg

"The Most Powerful Member of the Ruling Class​

Using 'the ruling class' and 'overlords' as shorthand for Trump’s critics is Orwellian nonsense."

The Most Powerful Member of the Ruling Class

Trump is the ENEMY of the ruling elite. Their efforts to destroy him prove it.
It takes a complete idiot to not see that.

Hello idiot.

Biden is President, the orange sexual abuser is not.

Forum List

Back