On Your Night Stand?

Our politics may be simpatico, but how do you get through reading Coulter? I find her offensive in many ways, not the least as a female.

Coulter has a way of spotlighting society problems, bringing new insights, and often running counter to the current political herd. I happen to like her satirical and humorous take on things, as well as her careful documentation of her points.

Since you probably haven't read her most recent book, let me give you an example of what I find brilliant about her writing. In chapter 2, she gives a scathing review of single-motherhood's effect on society. Did you know that once you remove children of single mothers from the stats, black and white crime are essentially equal.

If you can give me some examples of where she turned she off, I would love to see if I agree.

Coulter has a way of spotlighting society problems, bringing new insights, and often running counter to the current political herd. I happen to like her satirical and humorous take on things, as well as her careful documentation of her points.

Since you probably haven't read her most recent book, let me give you an example of what I find brilliant about her writing. In chapter 2, she gives a scathing review of single-motherhood's effect on society. Did you know that once you remove children of single mothers from the stats, black and white crime are essentially equal.

If you can give me some examples of where she turned she off, I would love to see if I agree.

and why are there so many single mothers? the kids who are having the most kids are being taught abstinence only.

as for Coultergeist... nothing satirical and humorous about someone who says a presidential candidate should be killed in a terrorist attack because she disagrees with his politics.

see my sig line...she's an unhinged lunatic.

and why are there so many single mothers? the kids who are having the most kids are being taught abstinence only.

as for Coultergeist... nothing satirical and humorous about someone who says a presidential candidate should be killed in a terrorist attack because she disagrees with his politics.

see my sig line...she's an unhinged lunatic.

Ah, Jillian -- the poster child for going off, excuse the expression, "half-cocked." A pity that your irrational hate of the right prevents you from seeing the truth. Now pay careful attention to the events as they unfolded and you may see the cleverness of Coulter's humor:

Bill Maher, that vile, hateful spokesman of the left, suggested that it would be a good thing if Vice-President Richard Cheney were to be killed, there was no disapproval from those of your ilk. But when Our-Gal Ann used a gay slur with respect to "the two Americas -- children born in marriage and my other one" (refering to Edward's illegitimate child), all the libs fell on the floor and banged their little fists up and down. So Ann said, with satire and tongue firmly in cheek, it would be best if next time she suggested Edward be killed. Get it?

Remember this? When Conservative pundit Ann Coulter insults Democrat John Edwards with a gay slur, the Chron has a hissy fit. When in the same week, Bush bashing pundit Bill Maher expresses regret that Vice President Cheney was not successfully assassinated, not a peep from our fair minded Chronicle writers.

SFGate: Blogs: The Ross Report : The liberals' equivalent of Ann Coulter?

So you see, Ms. Half-Informed, your "should be killed in a terrorist attack because she disagrees with his politics" was misplaced, and should be aimed at Maher. But you wouldn't dare do that, as it might cost you some of your liberal creds.

Let's review:

Coulter was not suggesting death to anyone.

She was merely, spotlighting that the gay slur was more important to those on your side of the aisle than the death of Cheney.

Apologise?

Ah, Jillian -- the poster child for going off, excuse the expression, "half-cocked." A pity that your irrational hate of the right prevents you from seeing the truth. Now pay careful attention to the events as they unfolded and you may see the cleverness of Coulter's humor:

Bill Maher, that vile, hateful spokesman of the left, suggested that it would be a good thing if Vice-President Richard Cheney were to be killed, there was no disapproval from those of your ilk. But when Our-Gal Ann used a gay slur with respect to "the two Americas -- children born in marriage and my other one" (refering to Edward's illegitimate child), all the libs fell on the floor and banged their little fists up and down. So Ann said, with satire and tongue firmly in cheek, it would be best if next time she suggested Edward be killed. Get it?

Remember this? When Conservative pundit Ann Coulter insults Democrat John Edwards with a gay slur, the Chron has a hissy fit. When in the same week, Bush bashing pundit Bill Maher expresses regret that Vice President Cheney was not successfully assassinated, not a peep from our fair minded Chronicle writers.

SFGate: Blogs: The Ross Report : The liberals' equivalent of Ann Coulter?

So you see, Ms. Half-Informed, your "should be killed in a terrorist attack because she disagrees with his politics" was misplaced, and should be aimed at Maher. But you wouldn't dare do that, as it might cost you some of your liberal creds.

Let's review:

Coulter was not suggesting death to anyone.

She was merely, spotlighting that the gay slur was more important to those on your side of the aisle than the death of Cheney.

Apologise?

I think Ann Coulter and Bill maher should hook up and have a dozen children.
Think what that would produce.

It's like thinking about what Kurt Cobain's kid will turn out like. (with courtney love)

I've usually got something by David Brin or Tim Powers on my nightstand. I'm superstitious, I won't keep anything political on my nightstand, I don't want to get stupid through osmosis.

Just finished 'The Colditz Story' by P.R.Ried. It was the true story of captured allied POWS trying and sometimes suceeding from escaping the Nazi's most guarded POW camp.

Colditz Castle
NL-LI-3-c.jpg

I just started two new books, 'Dreadnought' by Robert Massie, which covers the naval race between britain and germany that helped lead to the tragedy of the great war, and 'With all Dispatch' by Alexander kent, an historical fiction novel about a British officer serving from the American revolution through Waterloo, this particular novel is set in the 1790s right before revolutionary France went again to war with england.

I'm also three quarters done rereading 'Return to Sodom and Gomorrah' by Charles pellegrino, one of the most brilliant men of our times. The book covers his attempts to find biblical locations through actual archaeology and includes many wondeful historical tidbits such as the activity of TH Lawrence in Iraq before the first world war.

I finished LEFT TO TELL, Discovering God amidst the Rwandan Holocaust by Immaculee Ilibagiza, and STRANGE PIECE OF PARADISE By Terri Jenz, which is the true story of a woman who survived being randomly attacked by a hatchet in a camp ground and lived to find and bring her killer to justice.

I'm reading a novel by Sarah Waters called THE NIGHT WATCH, about four people--including lesbians and gay men in Britain during three years 1941-1944. The also wrote Fingersmith and Tipping the Velvet which have been made into major movies.

All Quiet on the Western Front

10/10

I agree. I just finished reading it as well. Makes me wonder if we have to go back in history to read good fiction. It was a tough book to get through because it goes into great detail about the horror of war. A coming of age book that may be appropriate for teenagers.

What else but Ann Coulter's Guilty ~ Liberal "Victims" and Their Assault on America. Solid research, plenty of footnotes and...statistics!!! And I almost forgot -- her personality shines right through each page and loads of fun to read.

Our politics may be simpatico, but how do you get through reading Coulter? I find her offensive in many ways, not the least as a female.

People find the truth offensive. We're supposed to ignore the crimes of the left and pretend they don't happen. It's not PC and it's "offensive" when people hear the ugly truth.

I just finished "Treason" by Coulter. I didn't find her offensive at all, because I don't behave treasonously, or sympathize with those who do.

I read mostly guilty pleasure type books of all varieties,and I have two on my night stand right now.

The Mummy- Anne Rice.

Trouble In Paradise- Robert B Parker.

Just finished 'The Colditz Story' by P.R.Ried. It was the true story of captured allied POWS trying and sometimes suceeding from escaping the Nazi's most guarded POW camp.

Colditz Castle
NL-LI-3-c.jpg

I just started two new books, 'Dreadnought' by Robert Massie, which covers the naval race between britain and germany that helped lead to the tragedy of the great war, and 'With all Dispatch' by Alexander kent, an historical fiction novel about a British officer serving from the American revolution through Waterloo, this particular novel is set in the 1790s right before revolutionary France went again to war with england.

I'm also three quarters done rereading 'Return to Sodom and Gomorrah' by Charles pellegrino, one of the most brilliant men of our times. The book covers his attempts to find biblical locations through actual archaeology and includes many wondeful historical tidbits such as the activity of TH Lawrence in Iraq before the first world war.
As I have finished all of these now, I'm working on three other books:

A bridge too far by Cornelius Ryan, I loved the movie and am enjoying the book, as Airborne is a favorite subject of mine.

Battles of the Revolutionary War by WJ Wood, which includes a lot of really good character portraits of the people involved.

Great Battles of World War I by Anthony Livesey, which is a fine book for quick reference, and was given to me as a gift.

Freakonomics (third time through it)

King Jame's Bible

Glock 19

What else but Ann Coulter's Guilty ~ Liberal "Victims" and Their Assault on America. Solid research, plenty of footnotes and...statistics!!! And I almost forgot -- her personality shines right through each page and loads of fun to read.

Is it a real skinny book ? :lol:

:lol: I'm sure reading all of those footnotes is such a calming experience preparing you for sleepytime.

Forum List

Back