On Trump's so-called "violent rhetoric" and rumors of invisible ninja assassins

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
You know, I wish people (especially some liberals I see on TV and here on this board) were objective enough to be concerned not only with what Trump supposedly implied with his "Second Amendment people" comments at his North Carolina rally, but with comments made by people like Obama, who at a 2008 fundraiser in Philadelphia said this:

Obama retold the story of an unemployed man who offered to buy Obama and Casey a beer during one of their stops on the Pennsylvania bus tour. "Bob and I were at a sports bar trying to catch a little bit of the game. A guy offered to buy us a beer. We already had a beer we drank but he offered to buy us one," Obama said. The man could not afford gas to drive around looking for a new job.

Obama took several jabs at John McCain. He gave his standard line that he proposes "300 billion in tax cuts, not paid for."

“Not only does he have no plan for education, not an idea, not even a bad idea,” Obama said.

He told the crowd that he was in Wisconsin yesterday and asked how many people make $2.8 million. "I was going to say to them ‘You should leave now because John McCain is the candidate for you.”

At that point a wealthy female donor yelled out “Hey, that’s not fair!”

“Every once in a while what he really means slips out like yesterday on the Today Show,” Obama said of McCain’s comment about leaving troops in Iraq.

He warned that the general election campaign could get ugly. “They’re going to try to scare people. They’re going to try to say that ‘that Obama is a scary guy,’” he said. A donor yelled out a deep accented “Don’t give in!”

“I won’t but that sounded pretty scary. You’re a tough guy,” Obama said.

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said. “Because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”

Mcall.com: Pennsylvania Ave. Blog
Obama, Guns and ‘The Untouchables’

Or in 2010, when Obama suggested there would be "hand to hand combat" if Republicans won congress that year:

A Republican majority in Congress would mean "hand-to-hand combat" on Capitol Hill for the next two years, threatening policies Democrats have enacted to stabilize the economy, President Obama warned Wednesday.

Speaking on Michael Baisden's syndicated radio show, Obama also made a direct appeal to African Americans about the importance of the November vote, even though he's not on the ballot himself.

GOP takeover of Congress would mean 'hand-to-hand combat,' Obama warns

It was ironic that three years later, after the Tuscon shooting in 2011, Obama urged Americans to tone down the rhetoric:

“At a time when our discourse has become so sharply polarized, at a time when we are far too eager to lay the blame for all that ails the world at the feet of those who think differently than we do,” he said, “it’s important for us to pause for a moment and make sure that we are talking with each other in a way that heals, not a way that wounds."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/13/us/13obama.html?_r=0

That only shows hypocrisy on Obama's part. Hell, I could even go on about that time when liberal radio commentator Ed Schulz said this about Dick Cheney. But neither he, nor Obama are running for president against Trump. Hillary Clinton is.

It was getting late in the 2008 Democratic primary season, and then candidate Hillary Clinton was being increasingly pressured to drop out of the race and cede to the front-runner, then Senator Barack Obama. When asked why she was still staying in the race, despite the long odds, by the editorial board of the Argus Leader, a Newspaper in South Dakota, she dismissed calls to drop out, replying:

My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don't understand it.

Hillary Clinton’s Kennedy assassination comment draws fury | New York Post

That comment was even enough to draw Keith Olbermann's ire, as seen in this video clip.. It was also in a not-so-surprisingly hypocritical move, that Hillary Clinton then blasted Trump for his "Second Amendment people" remark on Twitter yesterday.

Hillary Clinton on Twitter

I wish liberals and conservatives were objective enough to condemn not only the other side when someone implies (or not) violence in their rhetoric, but theirs as well. I wish they could be objective. But today in American politics, it seems, objectivity is obsolete. It seems a bunch of liberals believe that Trump has ordered a group of invisible ninja assassins hired by the NRA to find Hillary and take her in her sleep.

$

Last edited:
Oh well. I wasn't expecting any rebuttals or defenses. It's funny though how people suddenly develop short memories when their candidate has been quoted saying something deplorable in the past.

Last edited:
Oh well. I wasn't expecting any rebuttals or defenses. It's funny though how people suddenly develop short memories when their candidate has been quoted saying something deplorable in the past.
this is the very first time there has ever been a presidential election in the united states, though...

this is the very first time there has ever been a presidential election in the united states, though...

Party like it's 1788.

Forum List

Back