On This Day the Government Staged an Attack

September 1, 1939. The German SS, in collusion with the German military, staged an attack on a German radio station. The Germans falsely accused the Poles of this attack. Hitler then used the action to launch a “retaliatory” campaign against Poland.

World War 2 was underway.

Tucker just said he expects us to go to war with Russia inside of a year so the gov can declare the war powers act so the dems can hold power.
I hope to God he's wrong since war between Russia and the US is a loser for everyone.

Tucker just said he expects us to go to war with Russia inside of a year so the gov can declare the war powers act so the dems can hold power.
I hope to God he's wrong since war between Russia and the US is a loser for everyone.
I’ll be surprised if we’re not in a war next year. Democrats need another distraction.

Wouldnt surprise me a bit.
Dems have a solid history of war mongering.
They love to waste our money on death, and send our people to die.

The first thing a totalitarian regime does when it assumes authority is to take over media information sources that might be hostile to the regime. Biden didn't have to worry, the mainstream media was the willing propaganda arm of the banana republic democrat party for decades.

September 1, 1939. The German SS, in collusion with the German military, staged an attack on a German radio station. The Germans falsely accused the Poles of this attack. Hitler then used the action to launch a “retaliatory” campaign against Poland.

Britain and France mobilized immediately, but then issued an ultimatum saying essentially "This time we mean it" as Poles fought tooth and nail (and occasionally on horseback) to survive the onslaught, which caught them totally off guard. The Soviet Union, meanwhile, ratified a non-aggression pact with Adolf !@#$ing Hitler.

1693667690187.png

1693667709830.png

I was hoping this thread would lead to a discussion of the reasons why Germany attacked Poland. Here's at least four:
1. Regain German territory lost after WW1;
2. Entice USSR to not ally with UK/France (by giving it half of Poland);
3. Preparation for later attack on USSR; and/or
4. Lebensraum for German people.

I think all four were in Hitler's thinking, but Polish intransigence (egged on by the British) on the issues of connections with (German) East Prussia and the status of of the city of Danzig may have tipped the scales in favor of his decision to attack.
What do you think?

I was hoping this thread would lead to a discussion of the reasons why Germany attacked Poland. Here's at least four:
1. Regain German territory lost after WW1;
2. Entice USSR to not ally with UK/France (by giving it half of Poland);
3. Preparation for later attack on USSR; and/or
4. Lebensraum for German people.

I think all four were in Hitler's thinking, but Polish intransigence (egged on by the British) on the issues of connections with (German) East Prussia and the status of of the city of Danzig may have tipped the scales in favor of his decision to attack.
What do you think?
Easy prey in the first steps towards world domination.
If Hitler had not declared war on Russia and US when he did, he probably would have been successful.

Easy prey in the first steps towards world domination.
If Hitler had not declared war on Russia and US when he did, he probably would have been successful.
In that case, he still may have failed, but at the very least the opposition would have been much longer and much, much more costly.

Forum List

Back