On The Middle East: Chaos and Carnage

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
If Israel determines that the rockets reaching into Tel Aviv have been provided by Iran, does Israel have the moral authority to use weapons of mass destruction against Tehran?

In June 1968 I attended Bobby Kennedy's celebration on winning the California Primary. We saw him at the SF Civic Auditorium hours before he went to LA and was assassinated. His comments then to us ring true today. He said the Middle East was the greatest threat to world peace and the most likely powder keg to start WW III.

If our leaders cannot come together with a comprehensive policy on the Middle East, if they cannot agree on foreign policy, we and the world are in deep trouble.

If Israel determines that the rockets reaching into Tel Aviv have been provided by Iran, does Israel have the moral authority to use weapons of mass destruction against Tehran?

In June 1968 I attended Bobby Kennedy's celebration on winning the California Primary. We saw him at the SF Civic Auditorium hours before he went to LA and was assassinated. His comments then to us ring true today. He said the Middle East was the greatest threat to world peace and the most likely powder keg to start WW III.

If our leaders cannot come together with a comprehensive policy on the Middle East, if they cannot agree on foreign policy, we and the world are in deep trouble.
Maybe both Kennedy brothers were scared straight by the Cuban Missile Crises?

I suspect Bobby was dead right about the Middle East and the threat it poses to world peace.
At some point it seems likely to me the global BDS movement targeting Israel will have the same effect it had in White South Africa a generation ago. If that happens, Israel's economy will crash. Should that occur hundreds of thousands of settlers might find it necessary to return to Israel proper.

Will the next holocaust be a consequence of a Civil War in Israel?
A civil war within a state with hundreds of nuclear weapons?

Forum List

Back