On the fiscal cliff, Republicans are so screwed

Polls show, if we go off the cliff, America will blame the GOP, and I think they will have sunk themselves for 2014.

We need to go off the cliff. Really we do. The democrats need about 12 more years to get us to the bottom. Let's give it to em.

So far, all you conservatives have been saying the Republicans should do nothing and let the country fall to it's knees, just to show the Dems.

Yet another reason why you lost the election.

this was their strategy during the last fiscal debate where they where willing to let it all fall apart. These fuckers are willing to let the world economy crash. they are nothing more than economic terrorists and traitors.

This is the exact same playbook as before. They seriously don't learn. If they where to loose the house as well, they still wouldnt learn a thing. They would triple down on their stupid policies.

If the world and the US was smart. They would shun these talk radio/fox news pundit machine and get on with reality.

If no deal is reached then taxes will also go up on the middle class as well as the rich and there will be cuts to social programs as well as defense the Republicans will get their share of the blame but anyone who thinks Obama and the Democrats won't as well is being naive. Both sides have to be willing to comprise to make a deal Bob Woodward's the price of politics shows that was not something Obama was willing to do in his first term so far he has shown no interest in doing that in his second term either.

Republicans have been just as bad, if not worse, than Obama when it comes to compromise. They have a very immature "my way or the highway" attitude. Sure, they'll compromise, as long as it doesn't involve raising taxes on the rich or defense cuts.

That's just it. The Rs don't want tax hikes or defense cuts the Ds don't want cuts on anything else. The compromise solution IS doing nothing, letting the cuts expire, spending cuts on everything (are those spending cuts on everything?)

i thought Obama offered 400 billion to be named later.
You people are acting like this was a one shot deal to get this right. The GOP is playing it that way sort of.

The point is he offered up something, and waited for a counter offer. He got "laughed at" instead.

That's not debating, that's not really talking about anything, that's not solving anything. That's more of the same, from the same playbook we saw before.

On the fiscal cliff, Republicans are so screwed

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t see how Republicans have anything but bad options regarding the fiscal cliff. At least, not in the short term.
Even if Republicans negotiate the best bipartisan deal possible (something akin to the Corker plan), anyone who votes for it would be accused of selling out.

This would cause the base to either become demoralized or (more likely) angry — angry enough to primary the “read my lips” traitors. Either way, it’s not a good thing.

On the other hand, if no deal is reached, Republicans will surely be blamed (this is always a safe assumption and a smart default position — for a variety of reasons.)

This hasn’t stopped some conservative pundits from acting as if Republicans hold all the cards. But the notion that Republicans have leverage is silly. It’s the same kind of happy thinking that led some to boldly predict a Romney victory.

Look at it from Obama’s perspective. Would allowing the sequestration cuts to kick in be that bad? It would allow him to cut the U.S. military (and blame Republicans), make some much-needed spending cuts (without taking heat from his base), and — as a bonus – raise taxes!

*snip*

Republicans are so screwed.

This is from thedailycaller.com, Fucker Carlson's online wingnut-fest. It was written by Matt K. Lewis:

mlewis-717718814-icon.jpg
, ubiquitous wingnut mouthpiece.

Actually, it's the country that's screwed.

No it's not.

The cuts in defense will prove once and for all that government spending creates jobs. And to the very people that say it doesn't.

I am really hoping this happens.

Is that a fact, so the defense industry doesnt exist? and these people will work for whom? the government? and who pays government employees, additional Chineese debt underwriters? So I guess his request to defense contractors not to report potential layoffs was all a sham? Once a nut always a nut.

Republicans have been just as bad, if not worse, than Obama when it comes to compromise. They have a very immature "my way or the highway" attitude. Sure, they'll compromise, as long as it doesn't involve raising taxes on the rich or defense cuts.

That's just it. The Rs don't want tax hikes or defense cuts the Ds don't want cuts on anything else. The compromise solution IS doing nothing, letting the cuts expire, spending cuts on everything (are those spending cuts on everything?)

You people are acting like this was a one shot deal to get this right. The GOP is playing it that way sort of.

The point is he offered up something, and waited for a counter offer. He got "laughed at" instead.

That's not debating, that's not really talking about anything, that's not solving anything. That's more of the same, from the same playbook we saw before.

generally you begin from a realistic starting point.

$1.6 trillion in revenue?

entitlement cuts to be worked out next year, with no guarantees.

no more debt ceiling, raises at will?

who says Obama didnt start out that way? you have been given links and haven't bothered to find out. You can't complain that his purposal is outrageous.
This is the first attempt and idea tossed out there. Naturally Obama wasn't going to win over the GOP in one shot. When do these things ever work out that way?

What isn't helping are these losers saying to walk away.

All this info is great....except Obama has made his proposals regarding cuts. Here they are. Seems like no nutters want to read this info.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2013/assets/ccs.pdf

can you post some of the salient points? thx in advance.

I'm not trying to be a dick.....but there is a summary page in the document that I linked. It doesn't get any easier.

who says Obama didnt start out that way? you have been given links and haven't bothered to find out. You can't complain that his purposal is outrageous.
This is the first attempt and idea tossed out there. Naturally Obama wasn't going to win over the GOP in one shot. When do these things ever work out that way?

links to what exactly?

the deal ( that didn't happen) last year, was for 800 Bn in revenue and 1.6 trillion in cuts incl. medicare and SSI adjustments etc. .

Now? 1.6 trillion in revenue and no offerings on cuts, well, 400 Bn 'to be named later'....

so you walk onto a car lot, the guy had said hey pay me 800 , you say ok, thats doable, then he changes it to 1.2 when he hears the guy down the street sold the same car for 800 and had given up less in options.....thats pretty much what happened last year.

so now, you go back and take another look, the price has doubled and the options are all gone. I'd walk, what would you do? Dicker? to what? 1.4, 1.2? maybe 400 in options?

links to what exactly?

the deal ( that didn't happen) last year, was for 800 Bn in revenue and 1.6 trillion in cuts incl. medicare and SSI adjustments etc. .

Now? 1.6 trillion in revenue and no offerings on cuts, well, 400 Bn 'to be named later'....

so you walk onto a car lot, the guy had said hey pay me 800 , you say ok, thats doable, then he changes it to 1.2 when he hears the guy down the street sold the same car for 800 and had given up less in options.....thats pretty much what happened last year.

so now, you go back and take another look, the price has doubled and the options are all gone. I'd walk, what would you do? Dicker? to what? 1.4, 1.2? maybe 400 in options?

the economy isnt a car.

I'm not trying to be a dick.....but there is a summary page in the document that I linked. It doesn't get any easier.

Check the document. There are alot of cuts in there. But it mostly deals with removing redundancies and inefficiencies.

Those are the bane of Republicans. Because for the most part, that's how the boys they cater to make money.

Doing nothing and getting chicks for free.

A good example of that was moving student loans out of the hands of bankers.

Which Republicans went nuts over.

Check the document. There are alot of cuts in there. But it mostly deals with removing redundancies and inefficiencies.

I see your comprehension hasn't improved...

Those are the bane of Republicans. Because for the most part, that's how the boys they cater to make money.

Doing nothing and getting chicks for free.

Which Republicans went nuts over.

:lol: the hits keep coming....

you realize that this is a political document? example- right, lets see,page 9, 2nd paragraph down- to wit- Paygo.....oh yes he signed a Paygo pledge, then he blew it right out the window....just like Pelosi, who in 2007 took the same pledge, that whole section is one big lie, yes, lie. Page 161, strengthening Medicare? so are those savings or cuts, I thought h wasn't cutting medicare, oh wait hes amalgamating it, with rules they have not even completed yet.

next- the budgets they allude to where this data was first surfaced died in the senate with ZERO votes....they have not done a budget since October of 2008.

And to cap it off, this grand scheme, cuts from a 2012 baseline of 1.2 trillion, 25, yes twenty five billion dollars.

Speaking of baselines, please show me the zero out for baseline increases, take your time, I will wait.

Whats a baseline zero? go look it up.

here, more idiocy-

P1-BJ311_Studen_NS_20121127182707.jpg

looking good eh? student loan delinquencies now outpace CC's...:clap2:

another bailout coming up.

and -

are you posting drucnk again, what the hell does that even mean?

links to what exactly?

the economy isnt a car.

no shit , really? thx for the lucid response, concept analogy are to simple for you I guess you...:rolleyes:

you realize that this is a political document? example- right, lets see,page 9, 2nd paragraph down- to wit- Paygo.....oh yes he signed a Paygo pledge, then he blew it right out the window....just like Pelosi, who in 2007 took the same pledge, that whole section is one big lie, yes, lie. Page 161, strengthening Medicare? so are those savings or cuts, I thought h wasn't cutting medicare, oh wait hes amalgamating it, with rules they have not even completed yet.

next- the budgets they allude to where this data was first surfaced died in the senate with ZERO votes....they have not done a budget since October of 2008.

And to cap it off, this grand scheme, cuts from a 2012 baseline of 1.2 trillion, 25, yes twenty five billion dollars.

Speaking of baselines, please show me the zero out for baseline increases, take your time, I will wait.

here, more idiocy-

and -

Insults don't help your case none.

Neither does your inability to actually listen to what the people you've supported were saying.

Romney was talking about "stealing" from medicare to pay for Obamacare.

That didn't happen.

What did happen was the government stopped paying money to Medicare Plus..a private firm..and the lobbyists went nuts.

Same thing with the student loans and banks.

I can't think of anything more stupid then giving government money to the banks, so they can make loans..and money..to students.

Romney wanted to end that too.

Why?

Because he's part of the party that caters to those folks.

Who the fuck is "drucnck" now? :alcoholic: Trajan?

:lol:

here, more idiocy-

and -

Insults don't help your case none.

and stupidity doesn't help yours.

Neither does your inability to actually listen to what the people you've supported were saying.

READ WHAT I WRITE not what you think I am saying.

Romney was talking about "stealing" from medicare to pay for Obamacare.

That didn't happen.

What did happen was the government stopped paying money to Medicare Plus..a private firm..and the lobbyists went nuts.

TAPPER: “One of the concerns about health care and how you pay for it — one third of the funding comes from cuts to Medicare.”

BARACK OBAMA: “Right.”

TAPPER: “A lot of times, as you know, what happens in Congress is somebody will do something bold and then Congress, close to election season, will undo it.”

OBAMA: “Right.”

TAPPER: “You saw that with the ‘doc fix’.”

OBAMA: “Right.”

TAPPER: “Are you willing to pledge that whatever cuts in Medicare are being made to fund health insurance, one third of it, that you will veto anything that tries to undo that?”

OBAMA: “Yes. I actually have said that it is important for us to make sure this thing is deficit neutral, without tricks. I said I wouldn’t sign a bill that didn’t meet that criteria.”

CBO: Obamacare = at least $109 Billion in Deficit Spending Over 10 Years; UPDATE: Former CBO Director: Obamacare Deficit will be $562 Billion over 10 years
CBO: Obamacare = at least $109 Billion in Deficit Spending | CentristNet

and this was BEFORE the CLASS act bit the dust too. and as well know and Sibelius admitted you cannot use the same money twice.

Same thing with the student loans and banks.

I can't think of anything more stupid then giving government money to the banks, so they can make loans..and money..to students.

Romney wanted to end that too.

Why?

Because he's part of the party that caters to those folks.

I cannot think of anyone stupider than you, so now where are we?

they didn't give money to the banks, they guaranteed the loans. You do know the difference, right?No I guess not. The banks used STANDARDS, you know what those are? Instead of making them submarine their standards like they did the banks who were making home loans, they just gobbled up thr student loan portfolios, so they could take young and dumb and get them on the gov. tit, then promise them a lower rate or , wait for it- the soon to come bailout to buy their vote.

and yea why not, I mean hey lets 'give' money to a couple of quasi gov. agencies to make home loans or guarantee loans, what can go wrong?

Oh right, the hosing bubble:badgrin: now to be followed by....the student loan bubble, did you look at the chart I posted or is that jim beam giving you double vision?

Who the fuck is "drucnck" now? :alcoholic: Trajan?

:lol:

wow spell-check finally won one for you eh? take it when you can get it.

links to what exactly?

the economy isnt a car.

no shit , really? thx for the lucid response, concept analogy are to simple for you I guess you...:rolleyes:

no i got the concept, it s just a shitty one.

If the Republicans are smart they'll do nothing at all just walk away. leave no room for the democrats to blame them for what the democrats have done.
Be the party of NO FINGERPRINTS

They already have the blame and there is no escaping it by walking away, whatever that means, everyone not a tea party fool knows where the blame for the "fiscal cliff" lies and republicans own it entirely.
Dumb ass 70+ years of democratic control plus since 2007 the democrats been in control of the senate don't go there with that stupid shit you god damn moron

If the Republicans are smart they'll do nothing at all just walk away. leave no room for the democrats to blame them for what the democrats have done.
Be the party of NO FINGERPRINTS

How is that different from the way the Republicans have operated in the past? They aren't called the Party of Do Nothing for nothing.

Yes they are already feverishly trying to blame it all on Obama, I guess for not caving in to their terrorist hostage demands in 2011, but to suggest they can scurry away from it and leave it to democrats to repair, shedding themselves of blame, is like blaming the janitor for the puddles of puke he has to clean up.

obama-blame-bush.jpg

you_cant_blame_bush_anymore_bumper_bumper_sticker.jpg

obamablamehimnow.jpg

Forum List

Back