On the fiscal cliff, Republicans are so screwed

Democrat voters should be ashamed of the games Obama and his comrades in arms are playing with this all over tax hikes he wants...but instead they just laugh

Republicans should walk away

What they SHOULD do is go ahead and give the democrats everything they want. Then when it all falls apart, and it will, the public will have no one to blame but the democrats. Sort of like what Pelosi and Reid did to Bush.

They should do that but they won't. They have a handycap that the left isn't saddled with; morals.

If the Republicans are smart they'll do nothing at all just walk away. leave no room for the democrats to blame them for what the democrats have done.
Be the party of NO FINGERPRINTS

How is that different from the way the Republicans have operated in the past? They aren't called the Party of Do Nothing for nothing.

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t see how Republicans have anything but bad options regarding the fiscal cliff. At least, not in the short term.
Even if Republicans negotiate the best bipartisan deal possible (something akin to the Corker plan), anyone who votes for it would be accused of selling out.

This would cause the base to either become demoralized or (more likely) angry — angry enough to primary the “read my lips” traitors. Either way, it’s not a good thing.

On the other hand, if no deal is reached, Republicans will surely be blamed (this is always a safe assumption and a smart default position — for a variety of reasons.)

This hasn’t stopped some conservative pundits from acting as if Republicans hold all the cards. But the notion that Republicans have leverage is silly. It’s the same kind of happy thinking that led some to boldly predict a Romney victory.

Look at it from Obama’s perspective. Would allowing the sequestration cuts to kick in be that bad? It would allow him to cut the U.S. military (and blame Republicans), make some much-needed spending cuts (without taking heat from his base), and — as a bonus – raise taxes!

*snip*

Republicans are so screwed.

This is from thedailycaller.com, Fucker Carlson's online wingnut-fest. It was written by Matt K. Lewis:

mlewis-717718814-icon.jpg
, ubiquitous wingnut mouthpiece.

Democrats love to screw over the Republican, You wanted a divided country Now you have it. You won.

Jake Starkey has already given his Democrat congressman the go-ahead to raise taxes on everyone who does not have and Obamaphone.

Polls show, if we go off the cliff, America will blame the GOP, and I think they will have sunk themselves for 2014.

We need to go off the cliff. Really we do. The democrats need about 12 more years to get us to the bottom. Let's give it to em.

If the Republicans are smart they'll do nothing at all just walk away. leave no room for the democrats to blame them for what the democrats have done.

How is that different from the way the Republicans have operated in the past? They aren't called the Party of Do Nothing for nothing.

Yes they are already feverishly trying to blame it all on Obama, I guess for not caving in to their terrorist hostage demands in 2011, but to suggest they can scurry away from it and leave it to democrats to repair, shedding themselves of blame, is like blaming the janitor for the puddles of puke he has to clean up.

Yes they are already feverishly trying to blame it all on Obama, I guess for not caving in to their terrorist hostage demands in 2011, but to suggest they can scurry away from it and leave it to democrats to repair, shedding themselves of blame, is like blaming the janitor for the puddles of puke he has to clean up.

Not a single solitary Republican voted for obamacare, that puddle of puke is strictly for the dems to lap up.. enjoy it.

Polls show, if we go off the cliff, America will blame the GOP, and I think they will have sunk themselves for 2014.

Agreed. And Boehner knows it, and that he'll be a Newt redux if he doesn't play ball with the Administration. He won't just lose the Speaker seat, he'll be looking for a day job.

Agreed. And Boehner knows it, and that he'll be a Newt redux if he doesn't play ball with the Administration. He won't just lose the Speaker seat, he'll be looking for a day job.

And that's a bad thing?

And that's a bad thing?

For Johnny, you bet. Thus he'll play ball, which is good news. He played the no new taxes game as far as it'll go, and the chickens have come home to roost.

Couldn't happen to a nicer asshole.

TISSUE?
leave it to the Democrats to REPAIR.?

four years and STILL over 8% unemployment, 800billion stimulus, where are the SHOVEL READY JOB? BILLIONS in taxpayers monies WASTED on green energy that most went BANKRUPT and put people out of work, ObamaTAX getting ready to hit people and ANOTHER monster Government program we can't afford and the utopia beat goes on
let the Democrats drive your ass, your children, grandchildren and GREAT grandchildren into more into dept..you all deserve it..it's just too bad the rest of us have to go down with you

Last edited:

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t see how Republicans have anything but bad options regarding the fiscal cliff. At least, not in the short term.
Even if Republicans negotiate the best bipartisan deal possible (something akin to the Corker plan), anyone who votes for it would be accused of selling out.

This would cause the base to either become demoralized or (more likely) angry — angry enough to primary the “read my lips” traitors. Either way, it’s not a good thing.

On the other hand, if no deal is reached, Republicans will surely be blamed (this is always a safe assumption and a smart default position — for a variety of reasons.)

This hasn’t stopped some conservative pundits from acting as if Republicans hold all the cards. But the notion that Republicans have leverage is silly. It’s the same kind of happy thinking that led some to boldly predict a Romney victory.

Look at it from Obama’s perspective. Would allowing the sequestration cuts to kick in be that bad? It would allow him to cut the U.S. military (and blame Republicans), make some much-needed spending cuts (without taking heat from his base), and — as a bonus – raise taxes!

*snip*

This is from thedailycaller.com, Fucker Carlson's online wingnut-fest. It was written by Matt K. Lewis:

You're exactly right and the main reasons are an elitist prick like Grover Norquist wanting all the money borrowed and funneled to the top through tax cuts and no cuts in spending.....the Reagan strategy.

Last edited:
Democrat voters should be ashamed of the games Obama and his comrades in arms are playing with this all over tax hikes he wants...but instead they just laugh

Republicans should walk away

What they SHOULD do is go ahead and give the democrats everything they want. Then when it all falls apart, and it will, the public will have no one to blame but the democrats. Sort of like what Pelosi and Reid did to Bush.

They should do that but they won't. They have a handycap that the left isn't saddled with; morals.

Lack of awareness is what got you nutters where you are. You are completely oblivious to reality.

*snip*

You're exactly right and the main reasons are an elitist prick like Grover Norquist wanting all the money borrowed and funneled to the top through tax cuts and no cuts in spending.....the Reagan strategy.

Don't you have some Christians to persecute? :lol:

Forum List

Back