On the Disingenuous Democrats and WMD

CSM said:
I dont care if you are a brain surgeon and self lobotomized. High school chemistry doesn't make you a chemical weapons expert by a long shot.

The fact that you try to take stuff out of context to make twist what I stated just proves my point.

In the end I see that you agree with me that people like you will do and say anything to get at the President.

Ha ha ha ha. I wasn't going to brag about the fact that my major in college was chemical engineering, so I toned it down. I think I may know a little bit more than you do on this topic.

Cabernet said:
Ha ha ha ha. I wasn't going to brag about the fact that my major in college was chemical engineering, so I toned it down. I think I may know a little bit more than you do on this topic.

Yea, and I understand sometimes those terrorist bomb experts accidentally blow themselves up sometimes. :blowup: opppps, guess even experts are wrong sometimes

Said1 said:

Very accurate, actually. Most developed countries that still maintain chemical weapons have them as binary weapons. The problem for countries trying to develop binary chemical weapons is not necessarily in producing the chemicals but in developing the binary capability; i.e. making sure the chemical agents do not mix prematurely (as in firing an artillery shell and having the chemicals mix before they impact where they are supposed to). Some chemical agents (as is pointed out) have an almost indefinite shelf life like mustard, though its potency will be reduced over long, long periods of time.

Add to this, if a country like Iraq does finally develop binary weapons, (using artillery shells as an example) there is nothing that would force them to mark the shells in a conventional manner. For example, the US used to use specific markings on artillery shells to designate which shells were chemical, which were/are standard high explosive, etc. Thus, Iraq (this is my opinion only) could very well have intentionally mismarked chemical shells so that UN inspectors would not find them. I believe that many of those shells, along with other types of artillery munitions, are still stockpiled out in the desert.

While the previous poster is correct in that unitary weapons usually have a short shelf life, as Said points out in her posted article, binary weapons make shelf life IRRELEVANT.

Cabernet said:

If that is true, why do you feel it necessary to mislead the readers of this board? You know (or should if you are what you say you are) full well that binary weapons make shelf life irrelevant. Your post was a deliberate attempt to misrepresent the issue. You have undeniably proved that you are one of those who will do or say anything to make the current President look bad; even to the point of distorting the truth.

Obviously, you didn't take any ethics courses and have little integrity.

Cabernet said:

And my uncle was an Army artilleryman who regularly handled VX and Sarin rounds. He tells me that if you don't mix Sarin until you're ready to use it, the component chemicals will stay viable for centuries. He also says that VX, even after it's mixed, will stay viable for at least 50 years (as long as it's been invented), since that's when the stuff starts to eat through the containers and they have to dispose of it. But you don't have to take my word for it. Check out said's link.

BTW: Having a major in college doesn't make you an expert. I'm a computer engineer, but that doesn't mean I know the accuracy of our missile guidance software.

Hobbit said:
BTW: Having a major in college doesn't make you an expert. I'm a computer engineer, but that doesn't mean I know the accuracy of our missile guidance software.

What's interesting is he is trying to claim expertise for having a major in college. Yet yesterday he was telling me to leave the analysis of the Libby case to the legal experts. So somehow undergraduate work in a field makes him an expert yet graduate work in law doesn't make me one. Interesting conclusion.

Of course I don't claim to be an expert yet. Maybe in 10 or 20 years I will. but even then id probably just state what I know and let people make their own decisions.

What's interesting is he is trying to claim expertise for having a major in college. Yet yesterday he was telling me to leave the analysis of the Libby case to the legal experts. So somehow undergraduate work in a field makes him an expert yet graduate work in law doesn't make me one. Interesting conclusion.

Of course I don't claim to be an expert yet. Maybe in 10 or 20 years I will. but even then id probably just state what I know and let people make their own decisions.

I dont think any of the regular posters on this board are surprised at the double standard. I also am not surprised that Cab totally ignores the facts when confronted with them. He instead attacks my credentials and categorically states thet he knows more on the subject than I do; interestingly enough he does not even know what my credentials are. For all he knows, I could be a chemical weapons designer.

His approach to this makes me question his integrity; the fact that he fails to mention binary munitions at all indicates that A) he is not really a chemistry major or B) he did not do well in his chosen course of study (perhaps both A) and B) are true) and finally C) he is exactly what I portray him as: one who will do and say anything to discredit the President.

CSM said:
I dont think any of the regular posters on this board are surprised at the double standard. I also am not surprised that Cab totally ignores the facts when confronted with them. He instead attacks my credentials and categorically states thet he knows more on the subject than I do; interestingly enough he does not even know what my credentials are. For all he knows, I could be a chemical weapons designer.

His approach to this makes me question his integrity; the fact that he fails to mention binary munitions at all indicates that A) he is not really a chemistry major or B) he did not do well in his chosen course of study (perhaps both A) and B) are true) and finally C) he is exactly what I portray him as: one who will do and say anything to discredit the President.

Your analysis is correct and she's banned. :D

Cabernet said:

You seem to think you know more about everything than anyone else huh?? I love it when eltist Liberals prove how right we are about them ;)

tim_duncan2000 said:
If it was so obvious that the intelligence was faulty, then why did the Democrats vote for the war?

and a well trained sleight of hand artist who duped the poor Dems. You see, the Dems were not only fooled by Bush's debating rhetoric but the President was able to make WMD's appear and then magically disapppear before their very eyes. To now blame Dems for their previous pro-war stances is just to take advantage of the poor darlings.. The Dems are without sin and can therefore cast all the stones they want.

Forum List

Back