On Racism and Racial Discrimination

Asians come from countries were they are programmed to not make waves . .....

Are you "programmed," or are you an individual human being? Are you the only one in the world?
I have lived in Japan didshit.
The entire population in FACT is 'programmed' to behave in a certain way to others.
[ .

You are completely full of shit, clown.
OK.
Let us all know when we don't need to be giving your 'special needs race' food stamps and free housing anymore.
We all could be using the money for other things.

Asians come from countries were they are programmed to not make waves . .....

Are you "programmed," or are you an individual human being? Are you the only one in the world?
I have lived in Japan didshit.
The entire population in FACT is 'programmed' to behave in a certain way to others.
[ .

You are completely full of shit, clown.
OK.
Let us all know when we don't need to be giving your 'special needs race' food stamps and free housing anymore.
We all could be using the money for other things.

Wrong again, liar.

it isn't so much about quality, but I do think it is important that people immigrating to this country seek opportunity and contribute to our economy.
"Seek opportunity and contribute to our economy" is a little ambiguous to me.
What do you think is a "good-enough" contribution? Providing general labor? Having engineering/management skills? How would you define "seeking opportunity and making contribution"? Should a Cuban construction worker who genuienly wish to start his new life in the free world be allowed to immigrate to America?
I think anybody should be able to immigrate to America. To me a good enough contribution is anything that adds to the workforce and pays Taxes. I don't think people should immigrate and be on government assistance. I also don't think immigrants should be used to drive wages down. This makes a tricky situation as that Cuban construction worker is going to be much more willing to accept any position offered to him at a much lower wage as he is trying to get his foot in the door.

On one side it is good for the business owner who is looking for cheap labor but for our country and the American construction workers who are collecting unemployment checks and not highly motivated to get a new job until their government benefits run out... it creates an economic problem. All of these factors need to be considered when deciding on policy. I wish I had all the answers but my process involves recognizing all problems and factors so the proper solutions can be explored.
"Anybody should be able to immigrate to America" - "anything that adds to the workforce and pays Taxes". This seems to be a really generous suggestion.

I am sure that there are millions of people all over the world who wish to start a new life in America, and that they are willing to do their best to contribute to this country. An important question is whether America can afford such generosity. Healthy influx of immigrants can usually be associated with booming economy and large number of job opportunities. It appears to me that many Americans are worried about the economic situation in this country, which indicates insufficient job opportunities. Do you think America nowadays is ready to embrace millions of immigrants without stricter selection?

it isn't so much about quality, but I do think it is important that people immigrating to this country seek opportunity and contribute to our economy.
"Seek opportunity and contribute to our economy" is a little ambiguous to me.
What do you think is a "good-enough" contribution? Providing general labor? Having engineering/management skills? How would you define "seeking opportunity and making contribution"? Should a Cuban construction worker who genuienly wish to start his new life in the free world be allowed to immigrate to America?
I think anybody should be able to immigrate to America. To me a good enough contribution is anything that adds to the workforce and pays Taxes. I don't think people should immigrate and be on government assistance. I also don't think immigrants should be used to drive wages down. This makes a tricky situation as that Cuban construction worker is going to be much more willing to accept any position offered to him at a much lower wage as he is trying to get his foot in the door.

On one side it is good for the business owner who is looking for cheap labor but for our country and the American construction workers who are collecting unemployment checks and not highly motivated to get a new job until their government benefits run out... it creates an economic problem. All of these factors need to be considered when deciding on policy. I wish I had all the answers but my process involves recognizing all problems and factors so the proper solutions can be explored.
"Anybody should be able to immigrate to America" - "anything that adds to the workforce and pays Taxes". This seems to be a really generous suggestion.

I am sure that there are millions of people all over the world who wish to start a new life in America, and that they are willing to do their best to contribute to this country. An important question is whether America can afford such generosity. Healthy influx of immigrants can usually be associated with booming economy and large number of job opportunities. It appears to me that many Americans are worried about the economic situation in this country, which indicates insufficient job opportunities. Do you think America nowadays is ready to embrace millions of immigrants without stricter selection?
You are correct in your statement, our economy is the most important factor that effects immigration... In todays economy need to make some progress on wage growth and job creation before we flood the market with millions of new immigrants. Until then we do need to be selective in who we let in. The problem is using the right level of judgment. To some, the status of our economy is never going to be good enough for them to be satisfied... Others will take an extreme humanitarian approach and want to welcome anybody in need because we have the means to give them a better life. This contrast is one of the benefits of how right and left wing policies can work together to balance each other out.

I wonder if China has accepted any Syrian Refugees, or if they will let any Muslims at all into the country.

And, if not, why not?
With respect to your questions: no, primarily because we cannot afford it.

I did read your post on education though. We in the US have an old saying "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."
It's an argument commonly made by people who support affirmative actions, which I do not necessarily agree. If I understand it correctly, you were indicating that the black is "a horse that does not want to drink". In other words, a large portion of the black does not value high-quality education, and consequently, affirmative actions are ineffective.

As for the black communities in this country, they continue to be irresponsible which is why they are held back. Whites are not holding them back, they are holding themselves back.

The out of wedlock births for blacks in the US is over 70%. Single parent homes are directly related to poverty. Whites have no control over that. In the US, you are four times more likely to get murdered by a black than a white, but blacks only make up about 14% of our population.
This, is the problem that some attempt to fix through affirmative actions. Clearly, you are no fan of affirmative actions, especially on education. However, you recognize the problem. Do you think something must be done by the government to address this problem? If so, what would you recommend the government to do?

What does the average Chinese person think about the Japanese? What does the average Chinese person think about negroes?
What does the average Chinese person think about Whites?
There are large number of Japanese "fans" and "haters" in China. Fans tend to be of younger generations.

Most Chinese think that the black are ... black (I mean the color of their skin). In other words, we don't think much about the black because they are not a noticeable part of our society.

Most Chinese have a neutral or positive view on the white, largely due to respect and recognition of white public figures in science, art, and other fields.

Get the point?
I guess it has something to do with "racial discrimination to some extent is natural and justifiable", correct me if I am wrong.

I wonder if China has accepted any Syrian Refugees, or if they will let any Muslims at all into the country.

And, if not, why not?

I define racism as NOT including an inclination to hang around people and cultures like yourself. The East & West Coast Liberals think just the opposite.

One problem with being around Blacks is that they are always on the ook out for being slighted. Everybody is an ass sometimes. Some more often. If a white is an ass to another white the offended white assumes it is because he is an ass.

But, if a white is an ass to a black, the black automatically assumes it is because he is black...when most often, he is just an ass.

Result: I have spent a career being especially nice to blacks I deal with, so as to be sure not to get the race card played on me.

It was pure pandering, or cowardice....but it's one factor in me preferring as a rule to socialize with those that are most like me.

Limited experience with other races, but the Asians and Indians seem particularly polite, self-reliant, and intelligent, and not in need of special handling.

Muslims: We have quite enough thank you.

:lol:

You know there are already millions of Muslims in China, right? Have been for a very long time.

And, if not, why not?
With respect to your questions: no, primarily because we cannot afford it.
There has not been, there currently is not nor will there ever be any time when a communist country can afford to allow massive undocumented illegal immigrants into the country.
On the other hand who the hell would want to?

Until then we do need to be selective in who we let in.
Interesting. What are some of the criteria that you would recommend?
Canada has an extremely selective immigration policy.
You want to immigrate from say China you need hundreds of thousands of dollars. You must buy or start a business that employees people other than your family.
Or you must have a profession deemed to be needed in Canada like as a physician, engineer etc etc and you must have a job to come to.
That is a common-sense approach to immigration IMO.
Yes there are policies which will allow refugees to come to Canada but NOT before they are extremely carefully fully vetted BEFORE! they get on the plane to come to Canada.

Until then we do need to be selective in who we let in.
Interesting. What are some of the criteria that you would recommend?
I did read your post on education though. We in the US have an old saying "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."
It's an argument commonly made by people who support affirmative actions, which I do not necessarily agree. If I understand it correctly, you were indicating that the black is "a horse that does not want to drink". In other words, a large portion of the black does not value high-quality education, and consequently, affirmative actions are ineffective.

As for the black communities in this country, they continue to be irresponsible which is why they are held back. Whites are not holding them back, they are holding themselves back.

The out of wedlock births for blacks in the US is over 70%. Single parent homes are directly related to poverty. Whites have no control over that. In the US, you are four times more likely to get murdered by a black than a white, but blacks only make up about 14% of our population.
This, is the problem that some attempt to fix through affirmative actions. Clearly, you are no fan of affirmative actions, especially on education. However, you recognize the problem. Do you think something must be done by the government to address this problem? If so, what would you recommend the government to do?
Nothing, the government has done nothing n will do nothing. To rely on gov. Keeps us all enslaved. What's ur agenda?

[

At least now you are admitting that IN FACT stats confirm negro IQ are significantly lower than Whites/Asians.
That's a good start.
The FACT is modern societies across the globe are designed around the premise that their populations have IQs between 110-120. Every modern technology is made for that level of average IQ. No point in designing a car that can only be driven by someone with an IQ of 145 right?
Just to put a final note on this subject. There are many virtually 100% negro populated countries with NO 'racist Whites' anywhere to be found in Africa. Name one that isn't a fucking violent hell-hole to live in. They do it to themselves.

Where do you come up with your stats? The mean of IQ is 100, the tests are designed to elicit the mean. 110 (109.6) is one standard deviation from the mean, 120, is over 2, meaning that less than 3% will score that high.

Standard_Deviation_Distribution.png

Notice the above graph, that it is a normal distribution (bell curve) and shows that 68.2% of all people tested will have an IQ between 90.4 and 109.6, which is one standard deviation from the mean.

I'd like to have a discussion about racism with you guys, from a visitor's (I'm a Chinese visiting researcher) perspective. I am genuinely curious about how Americans think about the problem of racism. I have a short list of questions as a starter. I would appreciate it a lot if you could share rational and honest opinions.

1. In your own word, how would you define racism and racial discrimination?
2. Do you agree or disagree that racial discrimination is among the top three most serious social problems nowadays in America?
3. Do you agree or disagree that more laws and regulations should be enacted to protect people from racial discrimination?

The list of questions may grow slowly. Also, feel free to discuss other related questions/issues!

1. I would define racism as a system that benefited the race defined as superior to the detriment of the race defined as inferior. I would define racial discrimination as someone discriminating against another person due (in whole or part) to their race.

2. It is the absolute biggest and long standing in the history of the US.

3. Yes i agree more and harsher punishments be enacted to punish reacial discrimination. Nothing can protect people from it.

Thanks for opening up a substantive discussion
I define racism as actions or language with the intension of harming, oppressing, insulting, or demeaning a person or group of people solely based on their race.
2. Do you agree or disagree that racial discrimination is among the top three most serious social problems nowadays in America?
I think racial discrimination has been an ongoing problem for centuries but has come a long way in America. There is still plenty of progress to be made, however, I would name National Security, our Jobs/Economy, and Education as the top three most important issues... Followed closely by the Environment, a Corrupt political campaign system, and wealth inequality.
3. Do you agree or disagree that more laws and regulations should be enacted to protect people from racial discrimination?
There is a limit to what laws and regulations can accomplish and in many cases they can add fuel to the fire. So I would say No to your question. I would rather see funds and energy put into programs that support social acceptance and support. I think better education and community programs are the best way to promote a more accepting environment.

Thanks!
You are the first one who actually answered all the questions on my list!

A friend here just gave us a few examples of "nasty" comments against Asians.
When i was at school this guy used to say, "its a bit nippy" and rub his arms like it was cold, when an asian student was nearby. It was very white when i was akid so not many ethnics. It was pretty mean.
The other day i gave this drugo a lift. When someone drove badly he said, "he must have been asian because he doesnt see well". it wasnt that bad because it wasnt in earshot of an asian person. But after chuckling, i realized it wasnt nice and said nothing.
To some, the comments made in these examples may appear "insulting and demeaning". Would you use the word "racist" to describe those people in the examples? If not, why?

Clearly, you do not believe that racial discrimination is among the most important issues faced by America. However, you also suggested that there is plenty of progress to be made. What do you think is the most needed progress?

Lastly, what do you think about the affirmative actions (especially those supported by laws)? In particular, what is your take on affirmative actions with respect to education?
AA is bullsh#t. Higher education should be based on ethics/ability and merit NOT color.
It took white people 400 years to legislate against white AA.

I'd like to have a discussion about racism with you guys, from a visitor's (I'm a Chinese visiting researcher) perspective. I am genuinely curious about how Americans think about the problem of racism. I have a short list of questions as a starter. I would appreciate it a lot if you could share rational and honest opinions.

The list of questions may grow slowly. Also, feel free to discuss other related questions/issues!

Being from China, perhaps you could share with us why Asians have a "racial" hierarchy. Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, and so on.

Being from China, perhaps you could share with us why Asians have a "racial" hierarchy. Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, and so on.

I don't understand?

I know that Japanese view themselves as superior to all other people, but so do Koreans, so I'm not sure this is a hierarchy rather than just nationalism.

Racism is a primitive form of collectivism. It is the belief that the thoughts and attitudes of a person are the result of their lineage rather then a result of their culture and experiences. Racism is the concept that the thoughts, actions and attitudes of people are passed through birth to successive generations.

Racial discrimination is the treatment of people based on the belief that race dictates who that person is.

Disagree, though there are forces at work increasing the the instances and severity of racism. Over the last 8 years, racism has grown exponentially in this country.

Disagree.

Racism cannot be solved by edicts from rulers. It is a cultural, not a legal problem.
I don't agree with the whole Obama made racism worse argument. Sometimes when you bring issues to the surface they ignite. One could say that slavery wasn't a problem until the revolt and civil war. So did Lincoln make slavery worse? When you want to instigate change it results in debate and pushback so there is always an illusion of digression through the process of progression.

I agree that there is no need for more laws/regulations, however, I don't agree that "racism can't be solved by edicts from rulers" as you say, the laws that were put on the books during the civil rights movement helped carve a path towards massive progression, i don't see how you can deny that.

There is no argument that Lame Duck President Obama has made racism worse since taking office while he promised just the opposite.

President Obama began with his books written during his time as a member of racist Rev. Jerimiah Wright's church for over twenty years. If he was so absorbed in that environment, how did he not absorb that culture?

Here is what Barack Hussein Obama wrote.

"But this strategy alone couldn’t provide the distance I wanted, from Joyce or my past. After all, there were thousands of so-called campus radicals, most of them white and tenured and happily tolerated. No, it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.

“Dreams From My Father,” page 101 (paperback, ISBN 978-1-4000-8277-3)

"Tim was not a conscious brother. Tim wore argyle sweaters and pressed jeans and talked like Beaver Cleaver. …His white girlfriend was probably waiting for him up in his room, listening to country music."

“Dreams From My Father,” pp. 101-102

Anti-White statements from President Barack Hussein Obama himself.

If you recall, one of the first things President Obama did when taking office was to attack a white police officer, saying the police acted stupidly when they properly arrested a friend of President Obama acting strangely about the outside of his house. The President said, in his own statement that he did NOT have all the facts but the police acted stupidly.

During President Obama's term, he dropped the penalty phase of a trial against the New Black Panthers for voter intimidation.

Perhaps you have not noticed but we now have a growing group, supported by President Obama called Black Lives Matter. Is this not true?

Here are President Obama's own words....

ObamaMarxistProfessors-1_1.jpg

Here are the words of, as President Obama called him, a member of his family. The Reverand who married Barack and Michelle as well as Baptizing their two girls. As you know too, the Rev. Wright traveled with his good friend Minister Louis Farrakhan to Libya to meet with Muammar Gaddafi.

More? THE most divisive president in modern history.

The most effective aid to the black community would be to stop the welfare checks so the fathers would stay with the families.

70 % single motherhood, yeh that's a problem right there.

As usual though, the libby regressed solution is to take other people's money to solve the issue, or to give special privileges to people in an attempt to nourish their vote farms. This is their solution to everything indeed.

The War on Poverty is the cause of the collapse of the black family unit. Once it was one of the strongest family units in America. Now, as you have so aptly put it, it is one of the weakest. Tragic.

The most effective aid to the black community would be to stop the welfare checks so the fathers would stay with the families.

70 % single motherhood, yeh that's a problem right there.

As usual though, the libby regressed solution is to take other people's money to solve the issue, or to give special privileges to people in an attempt to nourish their vote farms. This is their solution to everything indeed.
Doesnt your side use the ol saying " you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink?" So under that logic you propose to take away the water and the horses will no longer be thirsty??

No, they will be even more thirsty which will make them try harder to get water.

Back in the 90's when Newt and the Republicans passed Welfare Reform, the predictions by the left were grim: people starving in the streets, increase in theft and violent crime, food pantries wiped out clean.......

None of this happened of course. In fact, the program had many successes. People stated they felt liberty for the first time in their lives. More poor people stayed married longer and there were more two-parent homes.

In Maine, they got sick of all the social leaches getting food stamps. So they created a new law that stated any adult with no children had to work a part-time job of at least 20 hours a week, volunteer their time to charity 20 hours a month, or be enrolled in a vocational program to learn how to get into a new career.

To no surprise, most of those people dropped out of the food stamp program. Seems they weren't that hungry to begin with.
Which prez was that under?
AA is bullsh#t. Higher education should be based on ethics/ability and merit NOT color.
If someone makes the following argument:

Certain group of people, e.g. the black, suffer from significantly lower level of education in an average sense. Consequently, they tend to be less successful and cause serious problems (e.g. crimes). If left unattended, the vicious cycle would continue and the situation get worse over time. Therefore, something has to be done to break such cycle. The most effective way of doing it is through better education, which cannot be offered to them if the criteria is solely merit-based.

Why is he wrong?
For ONCE use your head!
The US education system was designed to educate kids with an average IQ of 110-115. That's a fucking FACT!!!!!
The average negro kid has an IQ in the low eighties. Another scientific FACT!!!!!
That's the essence of the problem. There is not today a single predominantly negro country which is remotely close to being a safe prosperous place to live. Not one!
The fucking LIBs refuse to accept this reality. Their 'solution' has been to 'stream' nego kids through school. To 'dumb-down the curriculum. 'AA' is a joke. It hasn't worked.

If what you are posting FACTS, please show us the sites and links. If you refuse, then what you are posting is not worth diddly squat.

Forum List

Back