On Michele Bachmann’s Must-Read List: Book On Robert E. Lee That Defends Slavery

So what's wrong with reading a book that promotes slavery?

I read Mien Kampf or as much as I could stomach. I didn't agree with anything said. But sometimes reading opposing viewpoints is a good thing. Helps you understand others and how things can get corrupted so quickly.

I read a book by Alan Colmes once too.
She signed a statement that claimed black people were better off as slaves. That's what is wrong with it.

So encouraging people to read books is now equal to signing a statement that claims black people were better off as slaves now?

If there is a statement, than it really wouldnt be terribly difficult to produce. My guess is this is nonsense that really doesnt address any issues raised in the original post.

Yet another Michelle Bachmann thread ?

Dear God.

Why so much bigoted hate for women by you people.
Find me one post in this entire site that criticizes Bachmann solely because she's a woman....you won't find it I bet.

She's criticized because she's a brainless twerp like Palin, not because she's a woman.

Or Santorum (Google it!), or Rand Paul, or Alan West, or Louis Gohmert, or any of the other brainless twerps!

Why do you on the left presume that if you don't understand someone, they are stupid? Did you ever consider maybe the reason you don't understand is the exact opposite?

''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.''
Wow, talk about lying. You should get an award.

Ravi that is a direct quote from Bill Ayers, you are in denial.

No Regrets for a Love Of Explosives - In a Memoir of Sorts, a War Protester Talks of Life With the Weathermen - NYTimes.com

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=2169
From Wikipedia:

Much of the controversy about Ayers during the decade since 2000 stems from an interview he gave to The New York Times on the occasion of the memoir's publication.[31] The reporter quoted him as saying "I don't regret setting bombs" and "I feel we didn't do enough", and, when asked if he would "do it all again," as saying "I don't want to discount the possibility."[29] Ayers protested the interviewer's characterizations in a Letter to the Editor published September 15, 2001: "This is not a question of being misunderstood or 'taken out of context', but of deliberate distortion."[32] In the ensuing years, Ayers has repeatedly avowed that when he said he had "no regrets" and that "we didn't do enough" he was speaking only in reference to his efforts to stop the United States from waging the Vietnam War, efforts which he has described as ". . . inadequate [as] the war dragged on for a decade."[33] Ayers has maintained that the two statements were not intended to imply a wish they had set more bombs.[33][34]

''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.''

why? he said it. it was published in the ny times.

of course, now he says it was taken out of context, but as we all know, context doesn't matter.

i guess ayers' past has become a tar baby.

tant pis

That's a good one, Del. I guess you are comfortable taking things out of context when it the other side.

:thup:

She signed a statement that claimed black people were better off as slaves. That's what is wrong with it.

:lmao:

I really, really hope you're hot because the only living you're earning is on other people's money. I prefer it being on your back as opposed to my being robbed by politicians to do it...
This is just as clever as the first time you said it. Which is not at all.

Why do you hate women?

From Wikipedia:

Much of the controversy about Ayers during the decade since 2000 stems from an interview he gave to The New York Times on the occasion of the memoir's publication.[31] The reporter quoted him as saying "I don't regret setting bombs" and "I feel we didn't do enough", and, when asked if he would "do it all again," as saying "I don't want to discount the possibility."[29] Ayers protested the interviewer's characterizations in a Letter to the Editor published September 15, 2001: "This is not a question of being misunderstood or 'taken out of context', but of deliberate distortion."[32] In the ensuing years, Ayers has repeatedly avowed that when he said he had "no regrets" and that "we didn't do enough" he was speaking only in reference to his efforts to stop the United States from waging the Vietnam War, efforts which he has described as ". . . inadequate [as] the war dragged on for a decade."[33] Ayers has maintained that the two statements were not intended to imply a wish they had set more bombs.[33][34]
Ahem.
This is how Ayers feels about "truth":
''Is this, then, the truth?,'' he writes. ''Not exactly. Although it feels entirely honest to me.''

But why would someone want to read a memoir parts of which are admittedly not true? Mr. Ayers was asked.

''Obviously, the point is it's a reflection on memory,'' he answered. ''It's true as I remember it.''​
So, nothing he says can be trusted. He admits it.

If you're going to study Ghandi, should you not study Hitler as well?

If you're going to study American History, should you not read all that is available?

Slavery, as it operated in the pervasively Christian society which was the old South, was not an adversarial relationship founded on racial animosity. In fact, it bred on the whole, not contempt, but, over time, mutual respect. This produced a mutual esteem of the sort that always results when men give themselves to a common cause.

Ah yes, the BIG LIE of apologists of the CSA.

It isn't like we haven't been hearing this nonsense since even before the Civil war, is it?

Some BIG LIES are just such convenient rationalizations for crimes against humanity that they never really die.

Using the 'logic' of Synthia.

Barak Obama read William Ayers book 'A kind and just parent'. Bill Ayers is a domestic terrorist. Therefore Barak Obama is a supporter of domestic terrorism.

*Bows and leaves the thread*

Bill Ayers is still a terrorist? Do tell.

Is Pope Ratzinger still a Nazi?

If I recall, the Pope did renounce and denouce nazism.

I have no recallection of Ayers doing the same. do you?

Any recollection of Robert E. Lee denouncing slavery?

I'm not asking for special treament you liar.

I'm asking that she be treated the way obama and hillary were treated.

But please keep lying and trying to convince yourself she getting treated the same.

some day you may convince yourself.

Obama and Hillary aren't batshit crazy.

You really are stupid.

That's a matter of opinion... look at Barackalypse.. he does the same stupid shit over and over again expecting different results.

That's classic bat shit crazy.

You mean like expecting that Republicans have the country's best interests at heart?

Suck it up you sexist douche bag.

everytime we say obama is a fucking moron, we're racists

so I guess you fucks just better learn that you need to stop being such sexist and learn to treat women equally.

Ah, the Gender Card Card....again.
Damn Right!!

I suggest you get used to it. I will use it day and night until you fucks can't stand it anymore.

Ya don't like it?

Stop calling me a racist and shit on everyone else that does, when we disagree with big 0.

And demand that fuckhole biden apologise for calling us terrorist.
You ARE terrorists. When you take a hostage, then threaten to let that hostage die if you don't get your way, that's terrorism.

Sucks that the actual definitions of words do not work to your favor.

I'm not asking for special treament you liar.

I'm asking that she be treated the way obama and hillary were treated.

But please keep lying and trying to convince yourself she getting treated the same.

some day you may convince yourself.

Obama and Hillary aren't batshit crazy.

You really are stupid.

You're fulla shit.

Let see, the debt to fucking big so lets spend Trillions of dollars.

That is insane.
That's not insane.

Learn something about FDR and the Great Depression.

Using the 'logic' of Synthia.

Barak Obama read William Ayers book 'A kind and just parent'. Bill Ayers is a domestic terrorist. Therefore Barak Obama is a supporter of domestic terrorism.

*Bows and leaves the thread*

Hey! No fair using logic in a leftist thread! :(

No logic used.

Ayer's book is about the juvenile justice system. The only way this analogy is logical is if Bachmann was reading a book BY Robert E. Lee about fishing. Or hunting, or something other than what he was known for.

FAIL x2

Forum List

Back