OMG...There are folks who "get it" regarding political correctness

What is now labelled PC, used to be called good manners....and social graces...
You clearly don't understand what this is about.

This is not about what people say and do, i.e., "good manners" and "social graces".

It's about the reaction of PC zealots to what people do.

Here, let me provide a long list of examples of this point, brought to you by liberals who can see what is happening and the damage it causes.

You'll never have to be confused again. You're welcome.

PC is the product of mediocre minds who expect people to unquestioningly accept their self-righteous and monolithic dogma.

As humans we have theinalienable right to digest information and process it as we see fit and to express whatever conclusions we reach without the filter of political correctness.

Take that bitch!

Political Correctness is about identifying that one of the first steps toward more inclusive social change (more acceptance of those who are different from you) is to alter our language. Deny it all you want, but our language affects how we view and think about certain people and groups.

Change the language first, and the rest follows with it. We've done away with n*gger, ch*nk, Wop, Nip and (for the most part) savage or redskin for a reason. It affects our perspective, not just our ears.

Political Correctness is about identifying that one of the first steps toward more inclusive social change (more acceptance of those who are different from you) is to alter our language. Deny it all you want, but our language affects how we view and think about certain people and groups.

Change the language first, and the rest follows with it. We've done away with n*gger, ch*nk, Wop, Nip and (for the most part) savage or redskin for a reason. It affects our perspective, not just our ears.
So we can't say Islamic terrorists because we have to accept them?!

No, it's been explained numerous times why Obama doesn't use this term. And it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with not playing into ISIS's hands.

No, it's been explained numerous times why Obama doesn't use this term. And it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with not playing into ISIS's hands.
WTF happened to you? You're either extremely wimpy or extremely gullible. Or perhaps the former because of the latter.

WTF happened to you? You're either extremely wimpy or extremely gullible. Or perhaps the former because of the latter.

The fuck are you talking about?

Sorry about the big words. I'll keep it simple:

You're (you are ) a wimp (Definition of WIMP).

Do you say this to everyone who attempts to educate you about the world? No wonder you're so fucking stupid.

Do you say this to everyone who attempts to educate you about the world? No wonder you're so fucking stupid.
Sorry wimp. I know far more about the world certainly than someone who thinks terrorists will leave us alone if we pretend they don't exist.

That, and of course the fact that I've spent 43 years outside of the US.

I was looking for a video and happened across this. Why this idea is so challenging for folks, especially the most vehemently anti-PC folks, to "get" this. Nobody likes political correctness; people of all political persuasions poo-poo it. Yet it seems few folks, no matter their political stances, manage to get to where Ms. Silverman does. Shame.

What is Ms. Silverman's take? Well, you'll have to watch the video below. It's not short, but it's not long either.

One of the hosts also makes a good point. One need not agree with a speaker (writer), but if one doesn't it's one's job to present the opposing point of view. Regrettably, most folks think presenting the opposing point of view works like this...

...except most folks aren't nearly so good at it as that. Most folks are, or at least seem, incapable (or perhaps unwilling) to offend without being offensive, without being vulgar. Knowing that, one'd think most self-respecting folks would step to Ms. Silverman's antinomically sublime, sophisticated, and sober sensibilities when it comes to dealing with political correctness. And yet, they don't.

Do you need to retreat to your safe zone now, to escape micro-aggression?

One thing I really liked about my recent doctoral program is all the PC nonsense was dropped. At this level, academic integrity and freedom to think are finally restored.

What’s amusing about the myth of ‘political correctness’ is that purveyors of the myth seek to do exactly what they accuse the ‘PC crowd’ of doing: suppress debate and silence dissent.
That's untrue. They try to reason with them to stop the bullying.

She is entitled to her opinion. I am equally of course entitled to mine, and am under no obligation to jump on the Newspeak bandwagon at the behest of someone else's opinion.

Ya know, it's so gay. I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me the difference between saying "colored people" and "people of color", and have been since Berke Breathed had Opus deliver a soliloquy on the subject back in the 80s, when all this nonsense started.

The problem is Billy, that on the majority of American campuses you are NOT entitled to your own opinion, nor even your own thoughts. PC is far more than prohibitions of the freedom of speech; it is an open assault on intellectual integrity, it is the prohibition to THINK. The left dictates the thoughts and CONCLUSIONS that undergrad students must regurgitate in order to gain the degree that they seek.

Political correctness is an assault on intellectual curiosity and the process of obtaining knowledge.

Forum List

Back