OMG...There are folks who "get it" regarding political correctness

Political Correctness is about identifying that one of the first steps toward more inclusive social change (more acceptance of those who are different from you) is to alter our language. Deny it all you want, but our language affects how we view and think about certain people and groups.

Change the language first, and the rest follows with it. We've done away with n*gger, ch*nk, Wop, Nip and (for the most part) savage or redskin for a reason. It affects our perspective, not just our ears.
So we can't say Islamic terrorists because we have to accept them?!

No, it's been explained numerous times why Obama doesn't use this term. And it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with not playing into ISIS's hands.
LOL...hook, line, and sinker. Congrats, I guess, for that.

I'm not sure if you're still following this, now that it's been moved, but if so: I am having a hard time reconciling this post with a discussion I had with you a couple months ago, where you directed me to a couple of long and densely worded studies that said (in the long and short of it) p.c. allows racists to hide their stripes and carry out their agenda hidden, instead of out in the open the way it was before p.c. Remember that? Have you changed your mind or is there some distinction I should be making here?

Here's another clip from All About Eve that illustrates the points I made in the two "long" posts to which I referred in replying earlier to you.

You'll note that the entire scene is the zenith of political incorrectness. It's also worth noting that Eve points out one of the subtle distinctions to which I drew attention in those earlier posts: the controlling influence of the truth in distinguishing what is and is not politically correct.

"Imagine how snide and vicious he could get and still tell nothing but the truth," Eve says. Well, that's where I draw the line between what is a brutal truth to hear/tell and what is merely the pandering platitudes of political correctness.

Gotcha. I think.

Okay. You know where to find me if you need further clarification.

Forum List

Back