OMG ! Now it's "white privilege" that so much money was pledged to rebuild the Notre Dame cathedral

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Someone please help restrain me from getting my hands around the throat of one of these people !

Billionaires raced to pledge money to rebuild Notre Dame. Then came the backlash
19 Apr, 2019 12:52pm

The aftermath of the Notre Dame fire.
Washington Post

By: James McAuley

The eventual reconstruction of Notre Dame is now a foregone conclusion. Within hours of the fire that destroyed much of the cathedral on Monday, donors pledged more than US$1 billion to restore the Parisian icon to its former glory.

Even before the smoke had cleared, Luxury goods magnate Francois-Henri Pinault announced his family would donate €100 million ($168 million) to the effort. Not to remain on the sideline, his rival Bernard Arnault - the chief executive of LVMH and the richest man in Europe - pledged twice that amount on Tuesday morning. The Bettencourt Meyers family, which controls L'Oreal, quickly matched that pledge. And Patrick Pouyanne, chief of executive of French oil giant Total, offered another $150m.

Billionaires raced to pledge money to rebuild Notre Dame. Then came the backlash

Last edited:
Well, TBH, when I saw the estimate that it would take 10-20 years and at least $2B when it was basically just the roof that burned off, it made me wonder if my local public works departments would fly to France to spearhead the restoration by standing there leaning on shovels until their retirement.

I believe that the ones that are complaining are just jealous that they doesn't have the looks that will make grown men act foolishly.

Salma Hayek Is 'Proud' of Husband for Not Making $113 Million Notre Dame Donation Tax Deductible

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

"In just a few hours today, €650m was donated to rebuild Notre Dame," South Africa-based journalist Simon Allison tweeted. "In six months, just €15m has been pledged to restore Brazil's National Museum. I think this is what they call white privilege."

So I guess we're supposed to feel guilt that private citizens decided where they wanted to donate their money.

Someone please help restrain me from getting my hands around the throat of one of these people !

19 Apr, 2019 12:52pm

The aftermath of the Notre Dame fire.
Washington Post

By: James McAuley

The eventual reconstruction of Notre Dame is now a foregone conclusion. Within hours of the fire that destroyed much of the cathedral on Monday, donors pledged more than US$1 billion to restore the Parisian icon to its former glory.

Even before the smoke had cleared, Luxury goods magnate Francois-Henri Pinault announced his family would donate €100 million ($168 million) to the effort. Not to remain on the sideline, his rival Bernard Arnault - the chief executive of LVMH and the richest man in Europe - pledged twice that amount on Tuesday morning. The Bettencourt Meyers family, which controls L'Oreal, quickly matched that pledge. And Patrick Pouyanne, chief of executive of French oil giant Total, offered another $150m.

Eh, I'm not mad at anyone helping rebuild a church that is/was 3 times older than the United States.

Hell, I guess buying word for the spire DOES ad demand for wood nationally but generally the donated money is gonna go to construction companies and trickle out into the economy.

It IS kind of like when the boss doesn't have money for raises but does have money for a yacht or implants for his wife. Who can blame him and noone is MAKING you stay at the job. Just shows how well off some ppl are.

"In just a few hours today, €650m was donated to rebuild Notre Dame," South Africa-based journalist Simon Allison tweeted. "In six months, just €15m has been pledged to restore Brazil's National Museum. I think this is what they call white privilege."

So I guess we're supposed to feel guilt that private citizens decided where they wanted to donate their money.
And just because a racist living in a fascist country says so apparently.

Where are the Brazilian billionaires donating their money to help Brazil the way extremely rich French business moguls have stepped up?
Simon Allison can suck it! Idiots like him make the concept of "white privilege" even more of a joke than it already is.

If Brazilians don't care about some museum, why should anyone else? And by the way the cathedral Notre Dame is a
nearly thousand year old world treasure. The Brazilian national museum? Not so much.
Soccer riots, bikini waxing and metastasizing favelas aren't exactly something to celebrate.
(well, perhaps the waxing is)

That big building & monument was very impressive, but a relic of the past opulence of rich & powerful people who were not aware of misery elsewhere and/or did not care.

No excuse nowadays!

United Nations launched a record call for US$4b in aid for Yemen, in the midst of a humanitarian crisis. "Almost 10 million are just one step away from famine," Secretary General António Guterres said. In the hours after his call, roughly US$2.6b came in - a feat in itself. But still well short of the goal.

They are angry that anyone still honors "God's House"

WTF?

The people that ran Brazille's national museum are not white?

Sure?

That big building & monument was very impressive, but a relic of the past opulence of rich & powerful people who were not aware of misery elsewhere and/or did not care.

No excuse nowadays!

United Nations launched a record call for US$4b in aid for Yemen, in the midst of a humanitarian crisis. "Almost 10 million are just one step away from famine," Secretary General António Guterres said. In the hours after his call, roughly US$2.6b came in - a feat in itself. But still well short of the goal.

I wouldn't piss on Yemen if it was on fire.

No excuse nowadays!

upload_2019-4-19_17-2-21.jpeg

They always seem to have money for guns and bombs instead of food and medical supplies.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Forum List

Back