OMG! I like Bernie's idea for free college, with a few tweeks...

Do you support a Wall Street "transaction tax" to help fund college and job training?

• No, I like the current student loan system

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Yes, I like the idea of stopping high speed traders and funding college and job training

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
I actually like the funding mechanism for Bernie's "free college" plan, but with a few tweaks...
Sanders Panders: Four Flaws In Bernie Sanders' Higher Education Plan

1. Lets say that the 1st 2-years of college, including community colleges and trade schools are free, with an emphasis on job training for filling real jobs that need workers.

2. The 2nd 2-years funding are "means tested" and also "grade tested" so that marginal students are weeded out and the wealthy don't need help. Also, "careers that are needed" get more funding than careers that have poor job prospects.

3. Grad school funding is for the brightest and filling needed jobs, such as doctors.

4. The colleges need to control costs and do not get funding for any students that flunk out. Price controls may need to be imposed so that colleges use their "endowment funds" to help students.

What's the downside? Hopefully stopping the high speed traders that don't "invest" but simply skim money from our 401k's and IRA's.
First Two years free at community colleges only.

Last two years by financial need (like now) & schiolarship with a work requirement

Grad school - you are on your own. Doctors make enough to pay off their loans. Many first employments include paying off loans.

I went to school on a National Defense loan (2% interest rate) , Scholarships, some parental help, and I worked a board job. I paid back my loans over a 15 year period.

I went to grad school as a teaching assistance. It cost me nothing & I was paid a little bit.

As for those with loans now, reduce them to 2% but make them pay it back or attached their wages.
Millions of young Americans are not suited for a “traditional college”… So there is always that. LOL

Wrong Angle-drop college costs instead. Lets hear some ideas.
My College had just instituted some lie about having to live on campus the first years will make you have better grades. I was already out the door. Lies about collecting more money. Well, if you do a hand stand and walk backwards with your bookbag, money falls out, sky degrees.

I want my mortgage paid off Bernie!!! why can't we do that too? I mean fk all debt, why stop at fking college! the most immature man in america.

Because we need more educated people in this country that are productive and less people who post 69,000+ times on an internet messageboard about their freedom being taken away by gay and brown people.
Lol
It has nothing to do with race you fucking retard

Of course it does. Your entire belief system is based upon it.
Lol
As a minority I see no racism from day to day.
The divide in this country is not race or financial, it’s urban and rural
actually it is has and has nots.

I want my mortgage paid off Bernie!!! why can't we do that too? I mean fk all debt, why stop at fking college! the most immature man in america.

Because we need more educated people in this country that are productive and less people who post 69,000+ times on an internet messageboard about their freedom being taken away by gay and brown people.
Lol

prove it

I support a small tax on stock and real estate transactions
Maybe one percent

How is this any different than any other sales tax?

If would cost jobs and raise a small fraction of what you predict.

Typical Conservative dodge on everything

<sob>. But, but.....it will cost jobs

Yes, it will cost jobs and raise a fraction of the revenue predicted by idiots like Sanders.

What's not to like, eh comrade?

Lol

Lol

You're right about one thing, the divide isn't really about race. But it is financial. The elites (which you and I are not) and everyone else. They use race, gender and anything else they can to keep us bickering while the continue to fuck us over and continue to stockpile their wealth.

Lol

prove it

http://www.usmessageboard.com

Maybe one percent

Yes, it will cost jobs and raise a fraction of the revenue predicted by idiots like Sanders.

I disagree

Look at the transactions and dollar value traded on the stock exchange, US revenue would increase bigly

Maybe one percent

I disagree

Look at the transactions and dollar value traded on the stock exchange, US revenue would increase bigly

Look at the transactions and dollar value traded on the stock exchange,

They'd shrink, bigly. Like in Sweden.

What I like about the plan to tax stock transactions

800px-Distribution_of_Wealth_in_the_United_States.svg.png

The wealthy learned long ago how to shield income from taxation knowing that their wealth was untouchable

Under this plan, every transaction of transferring their wealth would be taxed

A sales tax on the real estate and stock market

The wealthy learned long ago how to shield income from taxation knowing that their wealth was untouchable

If I buy 100 shares of Tesla in my IRA, how am I transferring my wealth?

Those shares are a product that is bought and sold

And it's not a transfer of wealth when I buy them.

Lol

Lol
Generally speaking, Rural America does not covet their neighbors/other people’s shit.
So, Basically the same thing

I actually like the funding mechanism for Bernie's "free college" plan, but with a few tweaks...
Sanders Panders: Four Flaws In Bernie Sanders' Higher Education Plan

1. Lets say that the 1st 2-years of college, including community colleges and trade schools are free, with an emphasis on job training for filling real jobs that need workers.

2. The 2nd 2-years funding are "means tested" and also "grade tested" so that marginal students are weeded out and the wealthy don't need help. Also, "careers that are needed" get more funding than careers that have poor job prospects.

3. Grad school funding is for the brightest and filling needed jobs, such as doctors.

4. The colleges need to control costs and do not get funding for any students that flunk out. Price controls may need to be imposed so that colleges use their "endowment funds" to help students.

What's the downside? Hopefully stopping the high speed traders that don't "invest" but simply skim money from our 401k's and IRA's.

You do understand that "means testing" and the "grade testing" adds enormous costs to the administration of the program. Right wingers are HUGE on means testing, but the costs of the additional staff and the process often balloon the costs of the program.

Often the costs of the means test are greater than the benefit received, basically doubling the costs of the program. Governments have found that it is often cheaper to cover ALL citizens, even those of means, than the increased costs of administering and evaluating who qualifies and who doesn't.

OK, no means testing. Grade testing can be done by the colleges. Just talking, if the 1st two years are "free" to all, but the 2nd two years are "tuition free" for the qualified students who want to pursue a 4-year degree, with the colleges funding 1/4 or so of any student loans so they have skin in the game. Grad school is paid for by the students except needed professions like medical professions. Somehow try to match the students to the job needs better than now.

See post #137

Engineering isn't for the masses. Its as technical as things get. Need mega math and science skills. Most gals find it boring as hell. Would you want to fly in a plane or cross a bridge designed by the unqualified, even that 16% unless they pass the PE exams?

Not a transfer of wealth when I buy a new car. But I pay taxes on it

Lol

Lol
Generally speaking, Rural America does not covet their neighbors/other people’s shit.
So, Basically the same thing
Who told you that?
Rural America gets tons of benefits they do not pay for

Not a transfer of wealth when I buy a new car. But I pay taxes on it

I'm glad I could help you realize and admit your error.

Forum List

Back