OMG!!!! Dog is named Rommel

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
!!!!!!!!!!
uproar/chaos because a dog is named Rommel
hahahahahahhahah = DUMBSHIT again

• It’s a furor the Lake County Sheriff’s Department did not see coming: A bloodhound with the same name as a Nazi general.
also tied to a Nazi war criminal,
. He was neither
https://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/erwin-rommel-erwin
not a nazi war criminal
and he was one of the best and ''anti-nazi''
so the people THINK they know history--but they really don't
he had to commit suicide because he was in with the anti-hitlerites
Police Dog With Same Name As Nazi General Gets A Name Change | HuffPost

Last edited:
.....not every German was evil........Admiral Canaris knew hitler was bad for Germany and tried to help the Allies

7f477471eeccd0f8f679e1714feec9c9064cd942be90fc78cb8ac7173a7beb31.jpg

~S~

!!!!!!!!!!

• It’s a furor the Lake County Sheriff’s Department did not see coming: A bloodhound with the same name as a Nazi general.
. He was neither
not a nazi war criminal
Rommel was not a Nazi.. He was a Wermatch officer.

Rommel was a lieutenant in the army in WWI he was the officer that developed shock troop strategy while fighting in the Alps....
..I have an old book With Rommel in the Desert .....I'll have to read it again sometime...I think the pre-1970 books are very ''readable'' compared to the new ones

Rommel was a lieutenant in the army in WWI he was the officer that developed shock troop strategy while fighting in the Alps....
..I have an old book With Rommel in the Desert .....I'll have to read it again sometime...I think the pre-1970 books are very ''readable'' compared to the new ones
Most of mine are from the pre-1970's. My grandmother ran a book store so we got books for presents..My son got me a recent book on the war in Eastern Europe and I have yet to crack it open.

“The Desert Fox.” Is a great read about Rommel...

Most of mine are from the pre-1970's. My grandmother ran a book store so we got books for presents..My son got me a recent book on the war in Eastern Europe and I have yet to crack it open.
all I did everyday and night was read WW2 .......
..books used to be ''great presents'''......before TV/movies/radios, they were entertainment---plays/stories/etc...you would sit down at night and ''get away'''

Yes it is. I have a large video library from over the years I like to watch also.

which year did that come out? there's many .....yes?

1950 Desmond Young.

he did great in North Africa
and was probably right about DDay and hitting them at the beaches
....he did want to withdraw in Italy to the north, but Kesselring knew it was better to stay and delay

1950 Desmond Young.
..I'm guessing I read that at one time or another since it's pre-1970-mid 70s

You know, this is the problem with painting things with a broad brush. Most Americans don't know much about the history of WWII, and unfortunately, everyone who was associated with Hitler or Germany at the time was classified as a Nazi.

Instead of changing the name of the pooch (and I think it's a good name btw), why not educate people about the fact that while Rommel at first started off respecting and being grateful to Hitler in the late 30's for bringing Germany back to prominence, he later became disenchanted with what Hitler was doing and was actually going to surrender his army to the British.

But, before that could happen, he was injured in an airstrike and shipped back to Germany. He was told that he could suicide out and they would say it was a heart attack, and his family would be given immunity, or he could stand trial for war crimes. He chose to suicide out and become a martyr.

Personally? I have no problem with Rommel. He was a brilliant commander, and actually was a decent human being as reflected in his rebellion against Hitler.

(I did the Cliff's notes on the OP's link, in case people were too lazy to read it).

!!!!!!!!!!

. He was neither
not a nazi war criminal
Rommel was not a Nazi.. He was a Wermatch officer.
A Wermatch.....? A full moon kinda thing? :dunno:

1950 Desmond Young.
..I'm guessing I read that at one time or another since it's pre-1970-mid 70s
I have a first printing. I’m a bit of a collector of first printings, and autographs.

Forum List

Back