Olympics medal count

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Vancouver Olympic Games Medals Results Sports : Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics

We are not there yet, and might not be when all is said and done. However....

Best Homer Simpson voice all... USA!! USA!! USA!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI]YouTube - America - Fuck Yeah![/ame]

I know it's just the "pussy" winter Olympics (on top of the fact that 'Olympics' is Greek for pussy) but STILL. Football is over and NASCAR does not start till Sunday so....

it's what we got for now.

Go USA. Go Canada. Go world!!! (extra GO to all the underdogs)

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

CHA CHING!!

Just like that the good ol' USA is in the medal count. Thank you Apolo Ohno (and young skating stud whose name I don't know... two medals and more to come.

USA...USA...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Wt4XlXUrc]YouTube - America The Beautiful[/ame]

Czech Republic just won gold - women's speed skating. First time ever.

Cool when that happens.

Family ties tend to make me root for S. Korea, Poland, Canada, "Burma" and Mexico when I have to root for a non= U.S. person. Other than that, go underdogs.

Medal counts are for morons.

These counts give the same weight to a Bronze and Gold Medal

Gold should get 5 points, Silver 3 and Bronze 1

A medal count is the fairest meassure. Unless your trying to screw over the smaller countries. If any points are given at all it should be 3-2-1 for Gold, Silver and Bronze. (Croatia should not have to win 5 Bronze medals to equal 1 China gold, that would be... what's the word? Oh yeah, moronic)

A medal count is the fairest meassure. Unless your trying to screw over the smaller countries. If any points are given at all it should be 3-2-1 for Gold, Silver and Bronze. (Croatia should not have to win 5 Bronze medals to equal 1 China gold, that would be... what's the word? Oh yeah, moronic)

It is moronic to give a Bronze medal the same value as a Gold.

Who cares about Croatia? If you want to do a medals per capita analysis, you are welcome to it

Who cares about Croatia? If you want to do a medals per capita analysis, you are welcome to it

Your method assumes 1st place is 5x better than 3rd in a field of what could be nearly 100. (moron)

As to the latter, Croatians for starters and all of their diaspora. Anyway we all do as we please and you are welcome to kiss my ass.

Choose any method you like, I didn't invent the one I linked to it's just an Olympic site, one's as good as another. My method will be, in the end, whichever method (including yours) equals: America "wins" the Olympics. :lol: And two seconds after the closing ceremony if will mean jack, be forgoten and not matter because no one cares that much about the fucking Olympics.

Moron. :razz:

USA won mens snowboard cross last night, that was awesome.

We'll most likely be taking gold in the halfpipe as well. Count on Shaun White to dominate that one.

Olympics this year have been really cool to watch - there is so much going on and 4 hours just doesn't cover it. Too bad there isn't a 24/7 OLYMPICS CHANNEL where one could tune in and catch whole events. After all, it's only every four years.

I do you twat, my wife is Croatian.

Damn!

There is a Code of Conduct about attacking someones wife. I had some great Croatian jokes

Damn!

There is a Code of Conduct about attacking someones wife. I had some great Croatian jokes
I wave the rights granted me under the code of conduct, she has a Serbian Mum and practices the old arts so be carefull:eusa_angel: $padeswood 062.jpgshe may pay you a visit:eusa_angel:

Page two link so ya don't have to go back to page uno...
Olympic Medals: Gold, Silver, Bronze : Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics

Heck of a day yesterday for the USofA! Still in the medal count lead (w/14) though Germany (w/10) is a strong contender. France is in 3rd with half as many as us and Canada and Korea are having great Olympic games themselves.

Still a lot of games, events, (sports?) and time left to go. I'll be proud of all our American athlete's no matter what but a hearty thanks to all for making it so easy and these games s exciting.

America's Surprise Vancouver Olympics Rout - WSJ.com

America is delivering an Olympics beating that nobody saw coming.

Leaders of the U.S. Olympic Committee are already taking a victory lap. In a statement, released after the U.S. set a Winter Games record winning six medals in a single day, newly hired chief executive Scott Blackmun said he was "incredibly proud of the American Olympians participating in these magnificent Games, and I can't wait to see what happens next."

Canada is doing great too. After finnaly getting their first "home gold" they have piled on 3 more. Great stuff. Lot's more time to go however.

Forum List

Back