Olympics bans ‘Black Lives Matter’ apparel, could punish athletes for social protests

Its great that so much progress has been made.

View attachment 487395

I agree. Why burden an international event with a particular country's internal issues. It's very distasteful and disrespectful!
You are very naive if you see the olympics as a sporting event.
It does not matter what they are to me anymore. They sold out a long time ago. The cost to broadcast them is not worth the quality you get back. The commercials have more minutes then the Olympic broadcast per hour. They were better when I was much younger. Including the 1968 Olympics from Mexico City with the Black power salute. If only more African Americans got with the program when the world opened up for them. The wouldn't be so mad.

IOC bans ‘Black Lives Matter’ gear​

The International Olympic Committee got very granular with what is not allowed. It said specifically that the slogan “Black Lives Matter” will be banned from athlete apparel at the Summer Olympics.

It’s part of the IOC’s long-standing ban on “demonstration or political, religious or racial propaganda” on the playing field, the medal stand or during the Games’ official ceremonies.

More generic words like “peace,” “respect,” “solidarity,” “inclusion” and “equality” will be allowed on T-shirts.

So far, the IOC has not said what types of punishment athletes could face for violating these rules. It only said it would treat each violation on a case-by-case basis.

This should be interesting
I hope it looks like this.

View attachment 487409
If they do, I hope they are stripped of their medals and sent home.
I wish they would just boycott and not go at all. Let's see what happens to the metal count after that.
Do you feel the same about the Winter Olympics in China?

View attachment 487395

I agree. Why burden an international event with a particular country's internal issues. It's very distasteful and disrespectful!

Sports are the central focus. You are under the illusion that it's a domestic social justice grievance event. You could never be so wrong!

The International Olympic Committee got very granular with what is not allowed. It said specifically that the slogan “Black Lives Matter” will be banned from athlete apparel at the Summer Olympics.

It’s part of the IOC’s long-standing ban on “demonstration or political, religious or racial propaganda” on the playing field, the medal stand or during the Games’ official ceremonies.

More generic words like “peace,” “respect,” “solidarity,” “inclusion” and “equality” will be allowed on T-shirts.

So far, the IOC has not said what types of punishment athletes could face for violating these rules. It only said it would treat each violation on a case-by-case basis.

Oh my!

An organization that actually has the guts to stand up to BLM?

Bet an abject apology soon follows.
They are afraid that BLM will reenact the 1972 Olympics and kill the Asian teams.

View attachment 487409
I wish they would just boycott and not go at all. Let's see what happens to the metal count after that.
Did the Chinese come out running their mouth about black folks?

View attachment 487409
o but they are a oppressive regime that in prisons people simply because of their religion

japan doesn’t do that.

View attachment 487395

Sports are the central focus. You are under the illusion that it's a domestic social justice grievance event. You could never be so wrong!
Mate, the olympics is all about selling shit and rich countries showing off their power by proxy. Sport left the building a long time ago.

View attachment 487395

Mate, the olympics is all about selling shit and rich countries showing off their power by proxy. Sport left the building a long time ago.

Domestic dissidents on an international stage never projected one iota of a Country's power.
Try again, Taint.

View attachment 487395

Domestic dissidents on an international stage never projected one iota of a Country's power.
Try again, Taint.
They are using their profile to raise their plight. Same as Coke and Hyundai in a different sense. What this has to do with my point is not clear.

View attachment 487395

Try again, Taint.
They are using their profile to raise their plight. Same as Coke and Hyundai in a different sense. What this has to do with my point is not clear.

They aren't raising no plight of any kind!
Blaming yes! Raising, no!

View attachment 487409
o but they are a oppressive regime that in prisons people simply because of their religion

japan doesn’t do that.

So should we boycott the Winter Games? Is that what you are saying?

Are things that say "All Lives Matter" on them still allowed?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. News like this only makes me even more proud of where my mind frame continues to be.
My wife received official email guidance from her University that "All Lives Matter" is considered a micro-aggression against Black students and faculty and should not be used.

View attachment 487409

japan doesn’t do that.

i think we should. i am asking you if you think we should

View attachment 487409

japan doesn’t do that.

Maybe, I mean how many blacks ski, ice skate, anything else in the Winter?

My wife received official email guidance from her University that "All Lives Matter" is considered a micro-aggression against Black students and faculty and should not be used.
Will she comply?

Last edited:

View attachment 487409

japan doesn’t do that.

i think we should. i am asking you if you think we should
Why? Would you want them to boycott when we are hosting the games?

Forum List

Back